Scotty

4 hours ago, forresjags said:

Think the result was more down to how inept Dundee were than how good we were. We scored early on, but yet again failed to capitalize on the good start and conceded possession for the next 70 minutes only picking up in the last 10 when Keatings came on. Unfortunately I was pretty underwhelmed by the performance but will take the 

Honestly I am totally bewildered by your observation.

So half glass empty attitude imo.

We didnt need to capitalize on the goal we needed to keep a clean sheet and win the game which is exactly what we did.

I can understand the anger after Arbroath but cannot for the the life of me understand the negativity after Saturdays performance.

Some of our fans really like to micro manage the team, wonder if they would like the same done to them in their workplace.

I somehow think not.

It really is just depressing on here at times.

• Agree 2

It wasn't the most exciting game of football, but I came away with a smile on my face not just because we won, but because of the manner of the win.  What I saw on Saturday was a really solid, professional team performance.  We've not seem many of them of late.  Players worked hard and were disciplined, they kept their shape and there was not the kind of niggling between team mates which has been creeping in recently.  They worked hard for each other and you could see how much that win meant to them when the final whistle went.

Dundee didn't look great but there's an old adage that you play as well as you are allowed to play.  Dundee were chasing the game after our early goal but only managed 6 attempts at goal and one on target.  To  a very significant extent, that's a reflection of how well we did in stopping them playing.  Sure they had more of the possession but they could do very little constructive with it and we were disciplined enough to stand off them and keep our shape.  When we regained possession we also seemed a bit sharper on the break than sometimes.  We always looked more likely to get the 2nd goal and the only disappointing thing for me was that we didn't get the 2nd goal our team performance deserved.

Just to add that it is a shame nobody has voted for Kevin McHattie in the POTY poll.  He doesn't often get into the starting line up but he had a very solid performance. 

Edited by DoofersDad
  • Like 1
  • Agree 3

On 11/26/2019 at 3:39 PM, DoofersDad said:

Just to add that it is a shame nobody has voted for Kevin McHattie in the POTY poll.  He doesn't often get into the starting line up but he had a very solid performance. 

I thought McHattie did well playing out of position but a fan behind me was shouting “get him off” every time the ball went near him. 

I am amazed at some of the comments. I’d have taken a draw going into the game after recent results but we won. We closed the game out well and should have had a second. 

All the players were working for each other and we seem to have the team spirit back. 

Saturday will be tough on a narrow plastic pitch but we can win, which will set us up nicely for Ayr the following week. 

• Agree 1

• tm4tj unpinned this topic