Scottish Cup 4th Round Draw

Jack Waddington

The Scottish Cup is a great competition.  There are always upsets that produce great memories for the fans of the smaller clubs.  Yesterday both Bonnyrigg and BSC Glasgow put out league opposition whilst Auchinleck and Brora took Championship opposition to replays.  Two other Championship sides were beaten by other lower league opposition.  It promises to be an intriguing draw.  A run to the latter stages would be really good for the club, so at this stage I would prefer a home game against lower league opposition. Having said that, as yesterday's results show, you cannot afford to underestimate any team that is in the draw so, whoever it is, we will need to give a good professional performance to progress.

That will be six games against them this season, seven if there’s a replay. 

Disappointing, and it will be tough on their tight pitch, but one we should be able to get through. 

Saturday will give us a feel possibly. 

Meh. ICT in the Cup is usually the highlight of the season for me. I’ll need to be offered a lift and plied with drink to attend this, when I’ve got Bonnyrigg v Clyde just along the road which will draw double the  crowd.

• Like 1

Not the greatest draw but it is a tie we will be favourites for.  There are no all Premiership ties so it may be a bit more difficult for smaller teams to find a way to the business end of the competition.  Motherwell, County and Hibs all have difficult away ties against good Championship sides so that might provide a good marker as to how the standards in the 2 divisions compare.

• Like 1