January Transfer Window

Jack Waddington

Harper looks a good prospect and at the moment I'd rather have him backing up Tremarco than McHattie. However Harper needs gametime for his development and will get it at Elgin. This is a calculated risk we're taking. If all goes well, Tremarco stays fit and Harper returns to the club in the summer a better, more experienced player. If Tremarco gets crocked and we have to play McHattie a lot, then, um...:sad:

Out of the first team players, the ones that I can see leave are Coll Donaldson (linked with County), Jordan White (been linked with St M last window so can see more interest in him) and Aaron Doran (same as White but the link was with Accies). Hopefully Ridgers is not linked away, my fear is that due to his performances this year, he may well be linked away :-(. 

I also see more of the youngsters leave on loan and, I see Mitch Curry is returning to Boro on Jan 25, possibly earlier, which makes sense because he's not played much during his loan spell. 

Its inevitable that our top players will be linked away so I can't understand why Robbo is confident nobody will leave, especially seeing as a lot of the players are not signing new deals at the minute. As long as we replace the departed players (if there are any) with similar quality then I'm happy :-). 

Edited by CaleyTennis
I called Mitch, Nitch lol.

The Harper loan is only (currently) until the end of the month as cover for an injury at Elgin.  Don't know enough about their squad to ascertain if he'll be covering on the bench or getting 'guaranteed' game time.

Lot's of Ifs and Buts, however the scenarios could play out as follows....

• If he' gets a game for Elgin and is not needed beyond the end of the month then he returns to us and can't go out to anyone else (limit to playing for 2 clubs in one season)...he may or may not get much game time, but is at least cover for us.
  • If he doesn't get a game for Elgin he could still go out to another club at the end of the month if the main aim is to get him matches/experience.
  • If the player he's covering for doesn't get fit before the end of the month and he stays longer...said player could come back a couple of weeks later and he's sidelined there instead of back providing cover for us.
  • He goes to Elgin, gets games during the month, impresses and comes back to be rewarded with more chances here.

For the player, there's no real down side as it provides a bit of opportunity.  Worst case scenario is he's back with us at the end of the month and/or sitting at Elgin in the same position he is now.

Best to ignore anything coming from instagram. These pages link us with any League1/2/National League player who wants out their club.

Especially with the stuff about Donaldson, Trafford etc. They tend to post something as fact when in reality one person they know mentions it and they jump on the bandwagon

On 1/3/2020 at 1:56 PM, DanielH8199 said:

Don’t usually post on here but have a few things I’d like to throw into the mix.

First, realistically I don’t think any signings are necessary as Mitch is still up in the air whether he’s actually going or not, as well as the fact we still have the like of Walsh and Welsh to come back. Personally all we need to find is consistency. Out with our defeats we haven’t been dreadful this season.

Second, for people saying we should take a punt at Fraser Aird. Should we really be spending what little cash is available on a player who has failed at his last two clubs, backstabbed Dunfermline and only stood out at United because he was assisting two of the top strikers last season in Nicky Clark and Pavol Safranko? Only positive in it for me is he’s played with Trafford in the Canada team before, and Walsh in the rangers youth. So possibly a pre-existing link up there. But out with that I doubt he’d bring anything positive with him.

We defo need new blood or this seasons gonna end up like the last season failing to go up Airds not great but wer playing a striker on the wing so defo need somebody there Walsh very injury prone ! There's a player there in Storey believe me the boys got turbo boots 

36 minutes ago, Robert said:

After hearing why Cove sacked Aird (offensive gestures in the Rangers end at the Old Firm match) the day before his contract expired we don’t need him here. 

Why not most of our happy clappers are Rangers fans he'll appeal to them! Besides it's a bargaining chip bigoted Canadians  not in big demand eh! 

• Disagree 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Alan Simpson said:

Why not most of our happy clappers are Rangers fans he'll appeal to them! Besides it's a bargaining chip bigoted Canadians  not in big demand eh! 

I’m allegedly a happy clapper and am certainly not a fan of either of the Glasgow ugly sisters! 

Like most on here, my only team is Caley Thistle, although having been brought up there, I admit to looking nervously for Fort William’s result each week. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Robert said:

I’m allegedly a happy clapper and am certainly not a fan of either of the Glasgow ugly sisters! 

Like most on here, my only team is Caley Thistle, although having been brought up there, I admit to looking nervously for Fort William’s result each week. 

Me too.   Never a fan of the ugly sisters and never will be.   Look out for scores of Elgin, Clach, Fort William and Brora out of interest  but only ICT for me. 

• Agree 1

People stop with the denials just come out in the open embrace your love of the ugly sisters while also looking out for your small team i.e. iCT it's fine who am I 2 judge your bigoted selves I 2 once followed the queens 11 until the Caley v Airdrie game back in the day! 

• Disagree 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Alan Simpson said:

People stop with the denials just come out in the open embrace your love of the ugly sisters while also looking out for your small team i.e. iCT it's fine who am I 2 judge your bigoted selves I 2 once followed the queens 11 until the Caley v Airdrie game back in the day! 

That’s so offensive. Who are you to judge fans like me who are passionate about our team?

You like to be challenging, which is fine, but don’t overstep the mark with what is tantamount to personal insults.

Get a life!

Edited by Robert
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Robert said:

That’s so offensive. Who are you to judge fans like me who are passionate about our team?

You like to be challenging, which is fine, but don’t overstep the mark with what is tantamount to personal insults.

Get a life!

Haha Santa steal your sense of humour brother ? So touchy u not understand a wind up biting like jaws there my man! No promotion there's always the Orange Walk to look forward 2 (joking btw) I no your a Caley man we all are on here glory hunter free!

• Funny 1
  • Sad 1
  • Facepalm 1

12 hours ago, Jack Waddington said:

Aye, that's the guy. Looks like we're not going to be signing him, as he's just left Shrewsbury Town by Mutual Decision to be closer to his family in France

We were never going to be signing him anyway, why would he drop from an English wage to move up to Inverness. He was never going to relocate 

Christie is wonderful connection to the club and history. And a great cash bonus. 

But lets focus on our next one and getting that 20% into all our transfer dealings for players under 23.

Who is our next developing player we will improve as a club . It is our inability to profit from our players that causes us problems. 

Scottish youth international Daniel Mackay,  Ryan Fyffe, Mchattie, Macregor etc. 

We have a great chance with sound development at fort and elgin to build a club to benefit our  local players and local players to benefit our club. 

I would be so happy for Ryan if this is the move he wants and happy for the club for helping him get there.

• Agree 1