January Transfer Window

Jack Waddington

46 minutes ago, TvScreen89 said:

Are we linked with anyone new. Only links I have seen are this French guy from the English league and a name floating about a bit seems to be Kemy Agustien. Others saying that rumour is a load of rubbish though. 

Can't see it happening as he only joined Bradford Park Avenue in September...

Ross County have agreed a pre-contract for Coll Donaldson and are trying to thrash out a deal to sign the Inverness CT defender this month. (Daily Express, print edition)

BBC sport today (Rooney & Dundee also mentioned). Look like a 5 figure compensation(s) incoming and first players out the door, wouldn't be surprised with a similar arrangement from both clubs as RC & Dundee are clubs with cash (well more than us).

While keeping both to push for a playoff place, I would suspect the board given our position will prefer the compensation now rather than risk loosing them both for noting in the summer and still be in the Championship - freed up wages may allow for loan(s)?

Edited by bdu98196

Might be questions now about Robbo wanting to hang around. He's done well to assemble a pretty decent team from the mess he inherited and slowly turn things around from that dreadful 17/18 season. With players like Donaldson, Rooney, McCart and Walsh all potentially moving on might he fancy another rebuild job or will be think that he's done as much as he can? :unsure:

2 minutes ago, RiG said:

Might be questions now about Robbo wanting to hang around. He's done well to assemble a pretty decent team from the mess he inherited and slowly turn things around from that dreadful 17/18 season. With players like Donaldson, Rooney, McCart and Walsh all potentially moving on might he fancy another rebuild job or will be think that he's done as much as he can? :unsure:

Robbo did say recently in the press he had targets for this window should folk move on. 

4 hours ago, Bronson said:

Very surprised at that given his performances this season. Oh well, looks like quite a challenge for robbo in january

It's been talked about for a long time now and that could be the reason for his erratic performance this season. If he is going it's better to get some money now than nothing in the summer. 

It's just the nature of our club.  We have a small budget, we bring players in on low wages, we improve them, they move on to clubs who can afford bigger wages, we bring more players in on low wages to replace them etc, etc.  What we need to get better at is moving players on whilst still under contract and getting something for them.  

• Agree 2

Surely worth taking whatever we can get for Donaldson since county will likely be his preferred move. 
Use the money to secure McCart on a longer deal as he has outperformed Coll almost every game. Try give Rooney a new deal aswell while we’re at it.

Need to keep as far away from Berra as well unless we want to go bankrupt

Sadly this is a sign of the times and our inability to compete financially with Uncle Roy's, permanently open, cheque book.  I guess these guys have short careers and need to maximise their earnings but the laziness of Donaldson, Chalmers, Draper et al trooping over the bridge is more than a little depressing.  Coll in particular is someone we rescued from the Tannadice scrap heap and essentially revived his faltering career.  If Coll moved on to a bigger club elsewhere I would bear no real grudge but joining our neighbours, knowing full well how this will be viewed by the fans who've welcomed him as a bit of a cult hero - despite his undoubted shortcomings, feels like a bit of a kick in the nuts.

Wouldn't it be amusing if he joins the judas colony, they slip to 11th and we relegate them in the play-offs.  Call me childish but I think I'd enjoy that almost as much as 30th May 2015.

• Agree 7

Cash in on big Coll been a good player for us 1 of the few players in the squad who'll manage the step up 2 the SPL hopefully Rooney will sign a new deal he's another player I rate highly if not take the money now needs must ! Doubt Hearts will loan us Berra after we lumbered them with Mulraney worth asking tho! Robbo has replacements lined up hopefully they'll be decent! What happened to all these big clubs sniffing round White and Trafford they'd be better to get of the wage bill than 2 legends like Coll and big Rooney