January Transfer Window

Jack Waddington

Heard an interview with Robbo on MFR. The report confirmed the approaches for Rooney and Donaldson and Robbo said that three other unnamed players are also the subject of interest. 

He was quite pragmatic, saying something along the lines of it is his job to identify players to bring to the club and it was a compliment to him and the club that there was so much interest. 

No word of possible replacements as we will be short of defenders if both Rooney and Donaldson do go this month. Mckay can cover one of them but not both and I don’t fancy McHattie or McCart as the right sided centre half as neither has a left foot!

Unfortunate but probably inevitable in our financial position and if we can get decent money in we can hopefully afford to bring in decent replacements, but presumably we can only look at out of contract players or those their current clubs are releasing. 

Edited by Robert

As of the last statement/comment from the club on the matter...we've still not managed to raise the £500k that they said was needed to get us through the season.  As such, any money that may come in from player sales will be needed to plug whatever remains of that hole before ANY thought can be given to using it for signing other players.  The best we (and Robbo) can hope for is that the board at least allow him to reuse any wages already allocated in the budget and desperation doesn't force tightening of the belt there as well.

I don't know why I bother renewing my season ticket we have no ambition at all. Why would we off load two of our best players when we are sitting second in the league and potentially only four games from returning to the Premier League.

As has been said in previous posts we rescued both Donaldson and Rooney and they owe us to at least see out their contracts and do the best they can for their employers.

However I have confidence in Robbo, he's done it before. and if he has the stomach for it, I guess he can do it again.

4 hours ago, ymip said:

Sadly this is a sign of the times and our inability to compete financially with Uncle Roy's, permanently open, cheque book.  I guess these guys have short careers and need to maximise their earnings but the laziness of Donaldson, Chalmers, Draper et al trooping over the bridge is more than a little depressing.  Coll in particular is someone we rescued from the Tannadice scrap heap and essentially revived his faltering career.  If Coll moved on to a bigger club elsewhere I would bear no real grudge but joining our neighbours, knowing full well how this will be viewed by the fans who've welcomed him as a bit of a cult hero - despite his undoubted shortcomings, feels like a bit of a kick in the nuts.

Wouldn't it be amusing if he joins the judas colony, they slip to 11th and we relegate them in the play-offs.  Call me childish but I think I'd enjoy that almost as much as 30th May 2015.

That would be something else :lol:  whatever happens we have to unite and get behind the team whoever leaves or stays :ictscarf:

2 hours ago, CaleyTennis said:

The STV sports reporter says we are close to signing two new players :O, any ideas who they could be? 

Christophe Berra and Craig Wighton from Hearts reserves on loan would be my guess.

BBC today, which if PT want McCart then it's unlikely they would pay a Jan fee given the recent passing of the main financial benefactor of the club.

St Johnstone have joined the race to secure Inverness Caledonian Thistle right-back Shaun Rooney on a pre-contract agreement. (Courier)

Partick Thistle have made an approach for Inverness CT defender Jamie McCart, who is out of contract at the end of the season. (Daily Record, print edition)

Also another story and if we free up wages for a player I think would add real steel to our midfield - horrible to play against but would give us that missing edge.

Hamilton Accies are prepared to let Darian MacKinnon move on and the experienced midfielder is wanted by Morton. (Daily Record, print edition)

On 12/7/2019 at 8:41 PM, buckett said:

A few more supporters turning up wouldn't go amiss though!

I plead guilty in none attendance. Not been Home or Away all season. Kind of lost my football and travelling (by rail) mojo. Having said that there are 100s of folk in Inverness that can take my place. I know they are there because I saw them all on the video of the SFA Cup Winners parade. :wink:

McCart to Partick wtf is all that about.Appreciate he's probably a west coaster but jeezus that would be a backward step.

As for the rest of the speculation I dont see it as a complement to the club that are players are in demand , I see it as other clubs seeing us a soft touch when it comes to the transfer market. 

Other than the pitiful attendances this has really contributed to our financial woes, quality players leaving for peanuts or worse  f*** all.

Because clearly Robbo needs to balance getting money in for them and actually being able to sign capable replacements versus losing them for nowt and ensuring we still have them available to us for the rest of the season.

What this demonstrates is that Robbo has real resilience. It was great to see the supporters at Dens getting behind him. Here we are second in the league, in a poor financial position, key players looking to secure their short term careers elsewhere, and Robbo remains incredibly enthusiastic and getting results against the odds.

• Agree 1

Lewis Toshneys no a bad player that's a blinding signing! Robbo needs to try get Berra on loan for rest of the season big statement that would be still a top player! Would like to keep McCart hope he signs on not a great move for him PT but suppose he's a weegie closer to home! Still think we should take a punt on Aird and try get a decent creative midfielder in on loan it's the top end of the pitch wev been gash in dunno are our striker shocking or is there no creators but something has to change !

• Funny 1
  • Facepalm 1

Berra has never been a top player.

Just imagine a back four with Berra, Toshney and another couple of jobbers?

The match ball would be bouncing along the A9 much to the the annoyance off all the drivers on the Kessock bridge.

The mind boggles

Dougal

Edited by dougal
  • Funny 1
  • Facepalm 3