January Transfer Window

Jack Waddington

Looks like the rumours of players not getting on with Robbo may have some truth in it they cant wait to get away but its a difficult one for the club do they let them go and make a little money? or loose players in the summer for nothing? But if the Board have any ambition at all they need to be very careful who they let go despite the pennies they may get for them not sure i want to keep players in the team who do not want to be here and dont get along with the coaches but the coaches i am sure are not totally blameless 

• Disagree 1

Toshney was considered a real prospect when he was a Celtic youth, and Dundee United paid a transfer fee to sign him shortly after they were relegated. But his time there was wrecked by a serious knee injury. If his fitness is fine he should be an asset - a big centre-back who can also play right-back.

I doubt we'd be signing him just for depth though. I think this is a sign that Coll-to-County is imminent.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, DanielH8199 said:

Need to steer as far away from Toshney and Aird as possible. Theres good reason why united spent so long trying to punt them off for nothing. Dreadful in the championship and sub-par in league 1.

Good god man there a huge improvement on most of our players wev got White Traff and Carson in our 1st team squad ! Got Toshney in now anyway Airds on the mega bus as we speak 

• Funny 1
  • Facepalm 1

3 hours ago, Polo Chick said:

Looks like the rumours of players not getting on with Robbo may have some truth in it they cant wait to get away but its a difficult one for the club do they let them go and make a little money? or loose players in the summer for nothing? But if the Board have any ambition at all they need to be very careful who they let go despite the pennies they may get for them not sure i want to keep players in the team who do not want to be here and dont get along with the coaches but the coaches i am sure are not totally blameless 

Players hated Foran as well I mind speaking to a certain player early on in the season when we were doing OK told me Foran was a fudd who'd already lost the dressing room his exact words! Once the dressing rooms lost as well packing up 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

46 minutes ago, Alan Simpson said:

Good god man there a huge improvement on most of our players wev got White Traff and Carson in our 1st team squad ! Got Toshney in now anyway Airds on the mega bus as we speak 

Trafford and Carson were at the heart of some of our best performances this season. White still up there with a decent tally of goals even when playing poorly.

Meanwhile Aird struggled to to make an impact in League 2 with Cove, after he was binned off by United and QoS for not being good enough.

Plus, with Walsh coming back we don’t need someone like him when we already have Doran, Keatings, Roddy, Machado and Storey.

• Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, Gringo said:

Have we not chased Shane before? Was he who didn't want full time football? Or am I getting confused with Rory McAllister?

Rory McAllister didn't want full time football as he wanted to finish of his apprenticeship first. Think it was Aberdeen that was looking at him when he came out with that.

We have looked at Sutherland before but I can't remember what happened with it I remember something about peterhead 

2 hours ago, Gringo said:

Have we not chased Shane before? Was he who didn't want full time football? Or am I getting confused with Rory McAllister?

Think that was Rory. Shane, if I remember right, we went after late on in the window this season, realised we were after him, and then refused to play

11 hours ago, Alan Simpson said:

Shane Sutherland ffs hopefully not never score goals at this level 

Scored for us in the Premier thingy before. I thought we should have kept him on and reckon he will be as good or better than we have at the moment.

12 hours ago, Alan Simpson said:

Shane Sutherland ffs hopefully not never score goals at this level 

He's scored goals in the level above. He's managed 22 in league 2 this season part time. Give him a chance at full time footy you never know what could happen.

• Agree 2

46 minutes ago, tm4tj said:

Scored for us in the Premier thingy before. I thought we should have kept him on and reckon he will be as good or better than we have at the moment.

Thought we were a bit hasty in letting him go.

Hopefully he's lived up to his potential.

• Agree 1

I also agree we let Sutherland go too soon previously however taking him back would still be a risk.

Think it all depends on Shane’s mindset as there is a footballer in there that naturally can score goals.

Being exposed to Elgin folk for years though isn’t a plus point let’s hope he ain’t developed that annoying twang they have.

Dougal

• Confused 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, tm4tj said:

Could put a Walrus with a lung infection up top be better than what wev got the now my man! Aye he might get goals big risk tho wev already got a handful of non scoring strikers what is it with Robbo and strikers he's got the opposite of a Midas touch when it comes to spotting a goalscorer

• Like 1
  • Funny 1
  • Facepalm 1

On Pie and Bovril, a well known member on here, "The Scarf" says he saw on Twitter that Cammy Smith is being with us. 

Imho, he'd be a better singing than Shane Sutherland but, as I've said before, I trust JR in what he does, I think he knows what he is doing and looking for. 

Ok guys I have seen Shane a few times at Elgin this season, and he has more  craft up front than anybody we have, better free kick taker too. 22 goals is nothing to scoff at. Don't write him off because of lower league, remember Arbroath, or have you all forgotten how they tore us another one. Shankland springs to mind too.

• Agree 3

On 1/11/2020 at 1:16 PM, dougal said:

I also agree we let Sutherland go too soon previously however taking him back would still be a risk.

Think it all depends on Shane’s mindset as there is a footballer in there that naturally can score goals.

Being exposed to Elgin folk for years though isn’t a plus point let’s hope he ain’t developed that annoying twang they have.

Dougal

Spoke to Shane not long ago......still a pure Wicker, what are you Dougal ?

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

On 1/11/2020 at 11:21 PM, CaleyTennis said:

On Pie and Bovril, a well known member on here, "The Scarf" says he saw on Twitter that Cammy Smith is being with us.

Interesting and could be a good addition but from a logic point would DUtd loan a player to their nearest league challengers, even if it is deemed to be (almost) sewn up? Smith was signed last Jan along with Pawlett and Sow with the rumours these boys were on strong (Premiership) money - so unless its a loan and even then we probably cant afford the full 100%. Be interesting whats happening with our front players if this has legs, White, Toddy, Storey, Keatings where would Smith play or is one (or more) of the afore-mentioned expected to move on?