January Transfer Window

Jack Waddington

We tried to sign Shane Sutherland on deadline day in January last year, after we sold George Oakley.  However, we didn't get the bid in in time and he'd already signed for Peterhead.  He wanted peterhead to cancel his contract so he could play full time but they refused and had half a season there befor emoving back to Elgin on a free in the summer.  Jim McInally said that the whole thing unsettled Sutherland and meant this second spell at Peterhead was a write-off.

• Agree 2

Taking a look at out of contract players,

wonder if it’s worth taking a look at Declan McManus? Did well at Dunfermline and Raith, scoring for fun at Falkirk. County never gave him a shot and he’s already living in Nairn.

If the moneys there from departures, he could be very useful if we made a deal with him.

*Especially if we pick up Sutherland, two strikers who know where the goal is. We’d have Todorov still, if promotion doesn’t come this season. That would be three reliable options to push on in 20/21

Edited by DanielH8199

I always felt we let Shane go a bit early and given some of the absolute jobbers we've signed as strikers since I think he was very unlucky.  That being said he's 29 so hardly a long term signing.  Perhaps worth a punt.

I was also under the impression that Cammy Smith was heading in the Maryhill direction.

Signing Shane Sutherland on a pre-contract is absolute madness. He has achieved nothing at anything other than the lowest level, so **** knows how anyone thinks he'll be any use at Championship level or indeed Premiership level if the club still believes that's where we'll be next season.

Underwhelming signing that Shane Sutherland ffs what's wrong with Robbo could throw him in a barrel of strikers he'd come up with a defender! Gotta give him a chance but I think he'll be the latest in a long line of absolute dud strikers Robbos signed (excluding Storey obvs he's been played out of position) 

• Disagree 2

WHY have we brought in another striker? How manys that now? Storey, White, Toddy, Keatings, Harkness, as well as Roddy Kennedy at Fort William. That's 6 strikers at our disposal, adding Shane makes it 7. Unless he's preparing for some mass injury crisis which results in the injury of all our strike force, I have no clue...

Shane isnt coming til the summer (so far) - when White will depart (unless he is away sooner)

Whatever happened the thread with contract expiry dates on it? Looking at Transfermarkt we seem to have a lot more players listed there as being available to leave - I'm sure some are tied to longer deals and its incorrect (otherwise we should be very worried)

12 hours ago, Jack Waddington said:

WHY have we brought in another striker? How manys that now? Storey, White, Toddy, Keatings, Harkness, as well as Roddy Kennedy at Fort William. That's 6 strikers at our disposal, adding Shane makes it 7. Unless he's preparing for some mass injury crisis which results in the injury of all our strike force, I have no clue...

White will be away in the summer, Keatings is played behind the main forward usually, storey is usually deployed out wide. At least one of Harkness and Kennedy will most likely be loaned out again. So I think he's preparing well for the summer.

Also Shane is far more prolific than any of our strikers at the moment so I'll it's a clever signing 

Looks like other clubs have looked at our recent EGM and public declaration of finances and see ICT as either not being able to compete with wages for PCA's or that there's bargains to be had and willing to test our resolve (assuming the club still has to cut costs). Right now we may be lucky keeping everyone til end of the season or loosing up to 5 regulars!!!

57 minutes ago, IBM said:

Come on RiG who now?

I don't know but that's what the article says. Walsh, Doran, Trafford are out of contract I think and White is rumoured to be interesting Motherwell so it could be any of them.

McAllister handing in a transfer request at Peterhead.

We were supposedly chasing him last season according to a few sources, if robbo was being honest about being linked to 2 or 3 players other than Toshney. Wonder if we’ll try swoop in before someone like Cove snaps him up.