January Transfer Window

Jack Waddington

1 hour ago, Sir C the 3rd said:

Not a surprise. I doubt we could compete financially with Cove now. Another team being artificially bankrolled. It’s ruining the game in my opinion. They’ll be in our league shortly.

It may be galling to be unable to compete with a team from a suburb of Aberdeen but I don't see how a well run, well funded and relatively well supported club making their way up the league system is in any way ruining the game.

Much better to have hungry and ambitious clubs in the lower reaches of the SPFL than the likes of Cowdenbeath or East Stirling who for too many years were content fo bumb along the bottom in deteriorating grounds secure in the knowledge that there was no hole in the net they could for though.

Now, at long last, there is a route for ambitious and well run non league clubs to make there way along. A long overdue breath of fresh air let into a stale and crumbling former closed shop.

• Agree 1

Being a relatively well supported club will only get you so far without being well funded . Good luck to them trying to live in AFC's shadow. 

Whether they beat us to McAllister signature or not is another matter - is a 32 year old 2nd division striker what we need when we already got a 29 year old lined up?

?

It’s been coming and the consensus appears to be that we were better to get some money now than none in the summer. As IBM has said, hopefully we got a decent payment  

At least we’re have a replacement in, time will tell how good Toshney will be for us. 

• Agree 2

Just now, Robert said:

It’s been coming and the consensus appears to be that we were better to get some money now than none in the summer. As IBM has said, hopefully we got a decent payment  

At least we’re have a replacement in, time will tell how good Toshney will be for us. 

To be fair he couldn't be any worse than Donaldson has been this season. Last season coll was immense but just looked like he couldn't be arsed this season.

• Agree 2

I wish Coll all the best - but hope he remembers he was going to give up football altogether before ICT came calling to give him a chance after his “toxic” time at Dundee United.   He has a lot to be grateful for - ICT revived his career so I hope he acknowledges that in the Press.   

• Agree 6
  • Disagree 1
  • Confused 1

A good signing for Cove McAllister help them get out of the lower leagues wouldn't have fancied him here tho bit old and only ever done the biz in the depths of Scottish Football ! Good luck to the big man leAst we got a small fee for him and he'll get the chance to see if he can mix it with the big boys! Side note what's happening at our club when everybody jumping ship best will in the world these players are probably punching playing at this level has wee Robbo lost the plot need to speak to my dressing room mole!

• Disagree 1

Hopefully that is some cash available to Robbo to find replacements for Coll and others who leave :). 

And before anyone says that Toshney is the replacement, no he isn't because that was one planned before the snake left, according to the gaffer in an interview before the signing. 

• Agree 1
  • Confused 1