January Transfer Window

Jack Waddington

4 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

I reckon something much closer to £10k would have been enough.

10k offer and he'd still be here. The way county are panicking about their leaky defence i'd say 40-50k would be rasonable...more if we played hard to get.

• Disagree 1
  • Sad 1

On 1/10/2020 at 5:37 PM, hislopsoffsideagain said:

Toshney was considered a real prospect when he was a Celtic youth, and Dundee United paid a transfer fee to sign him shortly after they were relegated. But his time there was wrecked by a serious knee injury. If his fitness is fine he should be an asset - a big centre-back who can also play right-back.

I doubt we'd be signing him just for depth though. I think this is a sign that Coll-to-County is imminent.

Sucks to be right.

Good luck to him. I wish people would stop all this 'snake' and 'traitor' rubbish. In the real world no-one bats an eyelid if somebody switches job for a significant pay rise and a promotion. Why should it be any different in football?

I'm intrigued as to what the fee was. Given the time remaining on his contract £75k would be crazy...but so would us letting him go for peanuts. It would be a very Roy MacGregor thing to do to pay us a decent fee to make sure County get Donaldson now and to offer us a bit of charity as well (how depressing though!).

I've thoroughly enjoyed watching Coll rebuild his career with us. He came here for buttons for the first few months to try and turn things around and totally earned the contract he got after that. He's been one of our best players for the last 2 years. He's also earned the chance to play at a higher level again and there are certainly no guarantees he'd get to do that with us. I hope he does well at County, except when he plays us.

And I hope to god that Lewis Toshney can fill the gap...

• Agree 8

40 minutes ago, hislopsoffsideagain said:

Sucks to be right.

Good luck to him. I wish people would stop all this 'snake' and 'traitor' rubbish. In the real world no-one bats an eyelid if somebody switches job for a significant pay rise and a promotion. Why should it be any different in football?

I'm intrigued as to what the fee was. Given the time remaining on his contract £75k would be crazy...but so would us letting him go for peanuts. It would be a very Roy MacGregor thing to do to pay us a decent fee to make sure County get Donaldson now and to offer us a bit of charity as well (how depressing though!).

I've thoroughly enjoyed watching Coll rebuild his career with us. He came here for buttons for the first few months to try and turn things around and totally earned the contract he got after that. He's been one of our best players for the last 2 years. He's also earned the chance to play at a higher level again and there are certainly no guarantees he'd get to do that with us. I hope he does well at County, except when he plays us.

And I hope to god that Lewis Toshney can fill the gap...

That is very true my man I'm always changing jobs good for the soul and sometimes the bank balance he's not a snake seen the chance to test himself at a higher level and grabbed it crazy not 2 people need to remember these guys are employees not fans they've no real affinity to the club same as we do t in our jobs ! Aye defo think Toshney will be a class signing if he stays fit highly rated back in the day now or never for him 2 make a proper go of it! Hopefully not have to wait for cup games to play County eh

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, CaleyTennis said:

According to a couple of members on Pie and Bovril, we have Jai Quitongo and Osman Sow traonongy/on trial with us :O. 

A United season ticket holder has told me that United fans are all over the Sow story and believe he is training with us. Another one where time will tell! 

Coll apparently was causing problems in the dressing room and refusing to train etc to force his transfer to county. If true that's unprofessional and ungrateful to a club who resurrected his career. But he has precedent for this at utd according to their fans.

• Facepalm 1

30 minutes ago, Eye Settee said:

I liked Coll to start with, but lately have been getting the impression he thinks he is better than he is.

I don't think he will be the answer to County's problems at the back but do I care :lol:

• Funny 1

Given the squad we have, looking at guys like Sow or Quitongo seems odd - we have the PCA for Sutherland and look to be well covered for forward players & wingers - with youngsters like McGregor & Machedo capable of providing cover. Unless there are other moves behind the scenes for like of White then its odd.

With the departure of Coll and still chances that McCart (& Rooney) may follow this month, will this lead Robbo back on the phone to his old pal Levein to enquire about Berra?

9 hours ago, Eye Settee said:

I liked Coll to start with, but lately have been getting the impression he thinks he is better than he is.

Agreed. As someone commented on the Facebook post, "Personally I hope he helps them go down with displays like we’ve endured all season, the ultimate insult to the fans who encouraged him when arriving low on confidence after his Dundee United debacle is going over the bridge", I have to say, this man said what we were all thinking.

• Agree 2

13 hours ago, CaleyTennis said:

According to a couple of members on Pie and Bovril, we have Jai Quitongo and Osman Sow traonongy/on trial with us :O. 

Osman Sow was very decent at Hearts, had the mobility plus the size. Would happily have White offloaded with him as replacement. 

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, finmack said:

Fed up with transfers and undisclosed fees. The supporters are paying the money, and should be kept up to date on how our money is spent. Would that be a novel idea??

It certainly would be.  Difficult to think of any other line of business - whether entertainment, retail, services, etc - where the customer is given a detailed breakdown of all income and expenditure.  

The football transfer market can be likened to a game of poker, in which disclosing fees is the equivalent of giving away information about your hand.  Especially if, as we do, you have a weak hand.

We need to be smarter in the transfer market look at County they've raked in big fees for a number of players Naismith Lindsay the boy with the pony tail even when we had sellable players like Tansey and Watkins they left on freebies ! Hoping Toshney will be an asset fingers crossed we get Quitongo and Sow in maybe offload big White for a fee keep the wolf from the door for a while! Hard to see what clubs are seeing in White unless wer not playing to his strengths 

• Confused 1