January Transfer Window

Jack Waddington

2 hours ago, cif73 said:

Baffled that both our regular centre backs have attracted all this top flight attention when they've been more prone to brain farts this season. :shrug02: 

Two very good players though, who still should have brought in decent transfer fees, alas we miss out yet again.

No wonder we are always so skint when all are sellable assets leave for peanuts. It sux.

You make more money in the transfer market if you can tie players into longer term contracts.  But you can only tie them into longer contracts if you can offer them a decent wage over the period.  We simply can't do that.  I think we should all be well aware now of the problems caused by having players on long term, contracts where the  wages being paid are no longer viable when the club's income drops drastically.

11 minutes ago, DoofersDad said:

You make more money in the transfer market if you can tie players into longer term contracts.  But you can only tie them into longer contracts if you can offer them a decent wage over the period.  We simply can't do that.  I think we should all be well aware now of the problems caused by having players on long term, contracts where the  wages being paid are no longer viable when the club's income drops drastically.

Exactly, with your last point the situation is exacerbated when the players on such long contracts with good wages, are in fact overpaid diddys that we can't move on when we need to!

1 hour ago, Moogthurso said:

Why is Mchattie not the answer at centre back. He seemed to do well there? 

McHattie is potentially a ready made replacement for McCart. He is left sided so could struggle on the right side of central defence. 

Should we lose McCart in the window, hopefully we recall Harper from Elgin to give cover for Tremarco. 

On 1/15/2020 at 9:25 PM, hislopsoffsideagain said:

Sucks to be right.

Good luck to him. I wish people would stop all this 'snake' and 'traitor' rubbish. In the real world no-one bats an eyelid if somebody switches job for a significant pay rise and a promotion. Why should it be any different in football?

I'm intrigued as to what the fee was. Given the time remaining on his contract £75k would be crazy...but so would us letting him go for peanuts. It would be a very Roy MacGregor thing to do to pay us a decent fee to make sure County get Donaldson now and to offer us a bit of charity as well (how depressing though!).

I've thoroughly enjoyed watching Coll rebuild his career with us. He came here for buttons for the first few months to try and turn things around and totally earned the contract he got after that. He's been one of our best players for the last 2 years. He's also earned the chance to play at a higher level again and there are certainly no guarantees he'd get to do that with us. I hope he does well at County, except when he plays us.

And I hope to god that Lewis Toshney can fill the gap...

Very sensible post.

Totally agree 

But to be fair re the traitor and snake posts its a football forum so we all know that we are not the most rational when we post on here at times, but its opinions and everyone is entitled to have them.

But Im in your camp with this one and thank Coll for his efforts while here.

• Agree 3

7 hours ago, MorayJaggie said:

I wonder if this is an intent of us going part time if we don't get promoted? There was mention of shane taking a pert time job on his Twitter feed after he announced his contract.

Surely not P/T footys game over can you see us getting thro the play offs? I can't see it huge ask for this squad

• Disagree 1

On 1/13/2020 at 4:25 PM, MorayJaggie said:

Daniel Mackay has extended his loan deal with Elgin until the end of the season.

He came off the bench late on today, replacing Harper, and got his third goal of his loan spell. 

Edited by Robert
  • Like 1

On 1/15/2020 at 8:50 PM, CaleyTennis said:

According to a couple of members on Pie and Bovril, we have Jai Quitongo and Osman Sow traonongy/on trial with us :O. 

Dont know about Sow but Jai was at the stadium last week kitted out in the training gear - I suppose it doesnt take a genius to work out why he was there. 

• Agree 1

I've heard that the Jai Quitongo deal is off (if it was even on in the first place) and instead we are looking at taking Jake Mulraney and Jack Hendry in on loan ???

Jack would be a replacement option for Jamie McCart if he signed for a club in January and Jake Mulraney just wants to play more first team matches and feels he could offer us something different to what we have already. 

That's a dream I had last night lol. 

• Funny 1

31 minutes ago, CaleyTennis said:

I've heard that the Jai Quitongo deal is off (if it was even on in the first place) and instead we are looking at taking Jake Mulraney and Jack Hendry in on loan ???

Jack would be a replacement option for Jamie McCart if he signed for a club in January and Jake Mulraney just wants to play more first team matches and feels he could offer us something different to what we have already. 

That's more like a nightmare :ohmy:

• Funny 1

15 hours ago, CaleyTennis said:

Would rather Beith back than Mulraney! Heard dunno how true it is big Paul Quinn and Islam Feruz are been looked at don't shoot the messenger!

• Disagree 1