January Transfer Window

Jack Waddington

6 minutes ago, CaleyTennis said:

I see St J are eyeing up Mikey Devlin in exchange for Matty Kennedy going the other direction whereas Aberdeen are offering Curtis Main. 

Would either be worth getting in on loan or would we have to pay some of the wages? 

Paying some or all of his wage would be quite normal.

Reported in The Sun (and possibly others) that he has signed a PCA with St J. Their defence has been pretty poor this season, so an offer this month would seem very likely.

Amongst the gloom, had a wee laugh at the Sun article’s headline referring to the “Ex-Celtic ace”. One appearance!

Edited by Yngwie
  • Funny 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

Reported in The Sun (and possibly others) that he has signed a PCA with St J. Their defence has been pretty poor this season, so an offer this month would seem very likely.

Amongst the gloom, had a wee laugh at the Sun article’s headline referring to the “Ex-Celtic ace”. One appearance!

I was just going to say that (the bit I've put in bold) but was going to say it'll have to be an imminent offer because, if it's not done by end of this week, then we will reject because I recall the gaffer saying that offers will have to be made before the last week to 10 days of the month so we can get replacements in. 

I'm wondering if we could possibly get someone in exchange but I can't think of any, unless Tommy offers us young Chris Kane or possibly Michael O'Halloran. 

What do you peeps reckon? 

• Facepalm 1

Assumption would be if the Dons agree a deal for Kennedy then StJ will get McCart now. I expect if that happens Robbo may use the Levien links to try get out of favour player(s) from Hearts - Berra may be one.

CT - where do you get your rumors and links for players from. Some of them are golden and a good laugh - but none have credibility.

19 hours ago, MorayJaggie said:

Screenshot_20200122-001349_Samsung Internet.jpg

If true, I wish him all the best. Even in his loan spell I was impressed by him. Yes, he had a slightly rocky spell earlier in the season and has been on the bench recently, presumably due to the transfer speculation, but he has been a consistent player for us. 

If we are offered decent cash to release him now, I’d be inclined to take it given we have McHattie as cover. 

Edited by Robert
  • Agree 1

On 1/22/2020 at 12:08 AM, CaleyTennis said:

I was just going to say that (the bit I've put in bold) but was going to say it'll have to be an imminent offer because, if it's not done by end of this week, then we will reject because I recall the gaffer saying that offers will have to be made before the last week to 10 days of the month so we can get replacements in. 

I'm wondering if we could possibly get someone in exchange but I can't think of any, unless Tommy offers us young Chris Kane or possibly Michael O'Halloran. 

What do you peeps reckon? 

No chance of getting either of them I reckon more likely they'll wait get him on a free in the summer 

5 hours ago, forresjags said:

Gutted McCarts leaving,  huge potential, surprised his ambitions lie with St J though.

A simple stepping-up decision. As a young loon, I imagine he didn't dream endlessly of playing for St J. However, they're in a higher league (at least for now), can therefore command better pay, and are more visible for his next move. There may also be the attraction of being closer to the central belt where he hails from).

I'm sure a year ago George Oakley didn't feel he had arrived by signing for Hamilton Accies but, like many jobs in life, if there is an easy step up/improvement on your status quo, you take a pragmatic view and grab what's available at that moment rather than hold out for a speculative, bigger dream that might never come to fruition. 

Good luck to him. ITs a strange one to be sure as he will use up an international roster spot but they obviously see something. Atlanta have a pretty explosive attack too so they will obviously be looking to him to swing in some good crosses for Villalba and Martinez.  Need to wear my ICT top on September 20th when TFC play Atlanta here in Toronto. 

7 minutes ago, old caley girl said:

Ewan Murray, the journalist, has tweeted we are due a cut. 

No idea if actually true but welcome if correct. 

online talk is a six figure transfer but I cant see it being high six figures as MLS rules mean any transfer fee affects the salary cap and they are not going to pay a huge transfer fee for anything outside of a designated player.  No idea about sell-on clause but I would be pleasantly surprised as it was basically a player swap deal for Beith. EDIT: Most sites have no numbers but Edinburgh news has it as 200K

Jake was effectively out of contract with us when he moved.  The agreement was that we wouldn't take up the 1 year option on his contract if Hearts waived their right to a development fee.  I may be wrong, but as there was, in effect, no sale/transfer agreement for either player, then there would be nothing to have inserted a sell-on clause into.

The only thing I can imagine we'd be entitled to (depending on his DoB) is some training/development compensation, but that would be little more than a few shekels.