January Transfer Window

Jack Waddington

Apparently Foran had the bullying approach as well must be something both boards have looked for in managers surely if McCart was getting bullied the likes of White and Traff were getting slaughtered be rude not 2! People are offended by anything these days tho so would take the rumours with a pinch of salt they're grown men no nursery school pupils

• Agree 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, RiG said:

Tommy Wright on STV saying they're working on a deal with ICT to get McCart in before the end of the month. 

Probably for the best, but let’s hope there’s targets to bring in..........no way is Brad Mackay the answer.

• Agree 1

On 1/25/2020 at 1:12 PM, Polo Chick said:

he apparently fell out with Barry Wilson a few weeks back after telling him his coaching was rubbish hence why he has been benched

Not sure this can be true , quite a big statement to make without proof.

3 hours ago, Yngwie said:

Yes he did, but money talks. Ideally he’d have plenty of notice to secure replacements, but players can be replaced in a matter of hours if necessary.

Has anyone considered that we may get a player in exchange ;), God knows who though.

48 minutes ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

Am I deluded in saying that on our day we can match anyone ? The current inconsistency and not knowing what fare is going to be on show is so frustrating. But we will have to go with what we have got.

You are not deluded at all, totally agree with all your post.

Edited by Gregor

2 hours ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

Am I deluded in saying that on our day we can match anyone ? The current inconsistency and not knowing what fare is going to be on show is so frustrating. But we will have to go with what we have got.

We can match anybody just nobody to convert the chances consistently our downfall for years no cutting edge doesn't matter how much of the ball u get if u can't put it in the onion basket my man

3 hours ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

nope. We can match anyone on our day, just need to find some consistency. 

3 hours ago, caleyboy said:

personally I don't think they will give their all when they know their future is secured elsewhere.

I agree. Even if a player intends to give his all until the end of his contract I think it is only human nature, in most cases, to maybe not go in 100% or pull out of a tackle that is 50-50 for fear of getting an injury that might affect future plans. I hate PCAs with a passion, they create a whole breed of players who spend 6 months just going through the motions. Cant blame the player, they have to work within the system that is there, but perhaps the system itself needs some tweaks !  

• Agree 2

6 hours ago, Donald1973 said:

I think that’s naive of him. McCart didn’t play on Saturday so may feel he is being punished by others underperforming. That is hardly likely to motivate him, or any others there is interest in.

• Agree 1

McCart will go, as will Rooney and maybe others yet too. Robbo will say what he knows the fans want to hear (its sensible management) but also knows the club position and money talks. Replacement will be a numbers game of like for like - I'm sure since the contract discussions moved forwards the club are working hard on a CB and possibly an RB. Sadly I think some other teams have done better business than us so far, but there may yet be deadline day activity to come.

One of Steve Paterson's finest qualities was to promote squad harmony and unity and that team spirit took us a lot further than ought otherwise to have been the case. His team was always greater than the sum of it's parts with many apparently lost causes being chased down.

Brewster, second time around, Yogi and Foran seed division within the camp and the team paid the price.

Robbo has a mixed record when it comes to a United dressing room who would run into the ground for their manager and team mates but, with the limited talent and limited resources available to us, only the Pele like team spirit is likely to lead to promotion.

This is what erks me about Robbo. He makes broad opening statements in the press and then does the opposite. Doesn't exactly install confidence in him. I know transfers are a numbers game but what happened to not letting people go a week before deadline day? What about all the bull about players thinking again etc - Fans are beginning to lose confidence in him and his abilities. If he has lost the dressing room already, which is a possibility given our inconsistent form and players leaving like rats from a sinking ship, then I reckon his days are numbered unless by some miracle he pulls his finger out of his arse and makes some serious signings in the next 3 days - otherwise promotion will be purely a pipe dream. Somehow I doubt it ...

1 hour ago, Kingsmills said:

One of Steve Paterson's finest qualities was to promote squad harmony and unity and that team spirit took us a lot further than ought otherwise to have been the case. His team was always greater than the sum of it's parts with many apparently lost causes being chased down.

Brewster, second time around, Yogi and Foran seed division within the camp and the team paid the price.

Robbo has a mixed record when it comes to a United dressing room who would run into the ground for their manager and team mates but, with the limited talent and limited resources available to us, only the Pele like team spirit is likely to lead to promotion.

Can't say yogis team didn't work for him that's madness best times ever for us punches well above there weight for years

• Agree 2