January Transfer Window

Jack Waddington

11 minutes ago, MorayJaggie said:

No info in the story regarding fee etc. Bit worrying now we have lost two of our first puck defence and only brought one in. I wonder if we have someone lined up. I also wonder if the club will try and get Sutherland before the window closes.

...why , can shane play at the back? 

• Like 1

Personally I feel we can look forward to yet another season in this league if we don't sign another experienced  centre back in the window. I'm not a great fan but I would take Berra from Hearts until the end of the season.

• Agree 4

35 minutes ago, caleyboy said:

Personally I feel we can look forward to yet another season in this league if we don't sign another experienced  centre back in the window. I'm not a great fan but I would take Berra from Hearts until the end of the season.

Fighting with Salford for him then, cos I've read they're looking for him...and I'd rather have Adam Rooney in my team than Jordan White... 

I doubt we'll sign anyone in the next few days.  This is basically it, we can't afford to turn down cash offers for players who are going leave anyway.  We'll have to proceed with two of McHattie, McKay and Toshney as our centre backs.  Maybe it'll turn out well, maybe it won't.  But I think anyone talking about replacing McCart and Donaldson with signings of an equal standard is going to be disappointed.

• Agree 4

I wonder if the gaffer will use his Hearts connections to try and get another centre back in, and, no I don't mean Berra, he can go to Dundee lol.

This has been a disastrous month whatever happens so the chairman AND management have questions to answer, especially with a vast majority of support turning on them both. 

1 hour ago, LuluCaley said:

https://ictfc.com/club-news-jamie-mccart-2

Oh don't go breaking McCart.

Sorry.

I wish McCart well. He was pretty consistent for us in a no nonsense way and on occasions picked out some good passes. 

He always seemed to care, and impressed even in his loan spell. 

I just hope the stories of a fall out are unfounded as, if true, they could deter players from coming up here. 

As others have said, we have taken players who were going nowhere and let them progress their careers. Not just McCart but Donaldson and possibly Rooney and others like Walsh.

Hopefully that means we can uncover some more potential gems, if not now but in the summer. 

Edited by Robert

2 hours ago, Jack Waddington said:

Fighting with Salford for him then, cos I've read they're looking for him...and I'd rather have Adam Rooney in my team than Jordan White... 

No way we can fight with the likes of Salford when it comes down to available cash to tempt players in.

• Agree 1

I really think people need to take what any football manager tells the press with a pinch of salt. Often they'll be overtaken by events. Either St. Johnstone have offered us enough of a fee to make this worth our while or McCart has threatened to down tools to force a move (or both). It's a nightmare to lose two central defenders in this window but that's the way of it; if we can't get promoted from this league then its inevitable that our best players will leave for teams in the top flight.

I would be surprised and concerned if we didn't bring in another defender by the end of the month. Even if we get Harper back from Elgin we're now a bit thin for defensive cover even if Tremarco can go to CB in an emergency.

In an ideal world we would exploit the loan market but this is hard for us because of our location - we essentially have to pay for accomodation for players on top of any loan fees. That is of course unless we were to try and grab players from across the bridge. For example, they might loan us Tom Grivosti at centre-back - he did a decent job at this level last season - and at the other end of the pitch the arrival of Oli Shaw pushes Billy Mckay down the pecking order HINT HINT HINT.

1 minute ago, hislopsoffsideagain said:

at the other end of the pitch the arrival of Oli Shaw pushes Billy Mckay down the pecking order HINT HINT HINT.

Mckay was meant to be our saviour in our relegation season and it didn’t work out so I’m not in favour of that. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Leaving aside everything else, the utter lack of professionalism in the last two player leaving statements from the club is a disgrace.  We could at least try and behave with a bit of class...especially as we'll be desperate to bring other people in.

If we somehow had kept Donaldson and McCart I'd be confident of us securing second point and having a great shot at going up in the playoffs. 

Losing both of them is a bitter blow to our chances. I just cannot see Mckay, McHattie or Toshney being of the level required to keep us in second spot let alone be successful in the playoffs. 

I hope I'm wrong but these moves significantly weaken our team and damage our chances of promotion. Another season down here is going to ruin this club. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

As things stand, our first team squad is now only 19 players, with only 5 defenders to cover 4 positions. 

Rooney, Mckay and Tremarco have all missed games through injury so we really need more cover or, at the very least, to recall Harper from Elgin. 

Whilst if McCart wanted to go we were as well to let him go and get some cash in, I agree with others: our chances of getting up have reduced this month. 

However, if we do manage to go up, do any of us think we could build a squad that would keep us up?

Edited by Robert

10 hours ago, Robert said:

Mckay was meant to be our saviour in our relegation season and it didn’t work out so I’m not in favour of that. 

Are you saying "I'd rather have White and Todorov than a striker who scored 20 goals at this level last season and who is an ICT legend because even he couldn't sort out the mess Foran got us in a few years back"?

Okay.

18 minutes ago, Robert said:

As things stand, our first team squad is now only 19 players, with only 5 defenders to cover 4 positions. 

Rooney, Mckay and Tremarco have all missed games through injury so we really need more cover or, at the very least, to recall Harper from Elgin. 

Whilst if McCart wanted to go we were as well to let him go and get some cash in, I agree with others: our chances of getting up have reduced this month. 

However, if we do manage to go up, do any of us think we could build a squad that would keep us up?

Yes. Promotion comes with more cash and its a damn sight easier to attract players here if we can offer better wages and Premiership football.