January Transfer Window

Jack Waddington

I really don't know how much more people can ask from Robbo considering what he has at his disposal and the budget he has. Dundee fans must be wondering what we are complaining about. We are still in second place ffs! short memories, don't forget this team took the runaway leaders to bits.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, CaleyD said:

Our cost base (spending) since relegation has barely changed from when we were in the Premiership, so if Robbo doesn't have the budget...where's the money being spent?  Something, quite literally, doesn't add up.

I doubt very much if we were spending *£400k per annum on youth when we were in Premiership but then again maybe we were.

44 minutes ago, CaleyD said:

I doubt very much the cost of youth has increased by £400k since we were in the premiership either...but even if we accept that it has, where's the other £600k going?

600k...wages for the team & staff will have go come out of that...doesn't leave much change.

Then there's overheads.

Let me put it another way....

When we were relegated we were told income would drop by £1.2 Million.

Robbo has stated that he has cut £1.2 Million from the playing costs.

Which means we should be breaking even.

We're not breaking even and have lost amounts in excess of £800k each of the last 2 financial years (Nearly £1.7 Million in total)...and are on track for similar losses for the current financial year.

This would indicate that our costs/spending have not decreased by that much.

Even if you accept that Youth costs have increased by the £400k caleyboy mentions*...there's still nearly £500k a year unaccounted for...or £1 Million in total.

So, if Robbo isn't spending the money on the team, where is it being spent?

*It is my belief, in lieu of any information to the contrary, that a large portion of the "increase" in youth spending is actually costs which have been shifted away from the football budget...i.e. a share of rent, physio salaries, other services.  So, even if we got rid of youth tomorrow, we would not save on a large portion of the associated costs.

4 hours ago, forresjags said:

Then giving the said manager a three year deal and then extending it by another year. 

For a club so skint,  that's no bad deal, a 4 year contract for a guy who had been out of management for the best part of a decade.

Crazy stuff my man I like Robbo but would've kept him on a rolling contract in my eyes he's not done enough to merit a lengthy contract surely his remit was win promotion or the league not once had he even came close was a crazy decision appointing him in the first place at that time we needed a manager who knew the league knew the players who was available somebody with contacts for loanees not Robbos fault just a lazy appointment by the board can't blame him for taking a cushty lengthy contract

We really should've strengthened from a position of reasonable strength as Yogi asked for after the cup win instead the core of the squad bolted on freebies Yogi was left with buttons to replace them probs said a few choice things to the board and things went downhill for him! Hindsight would've been better giving him a few bob to sign Storey and the boy Motherwell got can't mind his name would've still been an SPL side we were well established till Foran came in mad how a few crazy decisions can set a club back possibly years

• Agree 2

I actually feel a tad sorry for Robbo after this debacle of a transfer period.

800k losses the last two years though tells its own story though I guess we are in a desperate situation. 
Im hearing next to depart is Ridgers to Countyin the summer when that boy from Chelsea returns home.

Dougal

• 2 weeks later...