January Transfer Window

Jack Waddington

5 minutes ago, Robert said:

Mckay and White have very similar strike rates. 

I see Mckay has started for those OTB tonight so doubt they would lend him out. 

McCart has gone from our bench to the St Johnstone bench, at least for tonight’s game. 

Is the Rooney news from a reliable source?

The same source that breaks the majority of transfers in Scotland and more recently the Donaldson and McCart deals so it's pretty much a given.

1 hour ago, Robert said:

Mckay and White have very similar strike rates. 

Eh? McKay scored 3 more goals with 21 fewer games...do you mean Doran and White? A bit closer although Doran isn't really a striker...come to think of it, neither is...

24 minutes ago, Satan said:

Eh? McKay scored 3 more goals with 21 fewer games...do you mean Doran and White? A bit closer although Doran isn't really a striker...come to think of it, neither is...

I was looking at 19/20 as the latest gauge of form. 

Shows Mckay with 6 from 25 and White with 7 from 28. 

Thats pretty even to me!

Edited by Robert

14 minutes ago, Robert said:

I was looking at 19/20 as the latest gauge of form. 

Shows Mckay with 6 from 25 and White with 7 from 28. 

Thats pretty even to me!

Except Mckay is playing in the Premiership this season. Last season is a more valid comparison. 20/34 = 0.59 sure as hell trumps 16/52 = 0.31 or 7/28 which is even worse. 

Doubtful we will be playing random players at CB - a player will likely come in before the window shuts. Discusions on strikers that play (as regular starters) with Premiership teams is pointless - RC will not loan BM as its pretty likely they will be selling Stewart, with CB a priority unless Robbo gets to use any of the money that has come in to agree the SS early then I expect the forward line up will remain unchanged.

No sure why anyone is shocked by the movements as its been known for the season how many contracts were expiring, its a sign of how poor our front or creative players are that nobody has moved for them (yet).

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

58 minutes ago, Alan Simpson said:

Loads of players who'd score at this level went for no money what u think wer paying players in bottletops or clubs like Morton and Falkirk are paying ransoms gotta shop smart at this level

Falkirk and Morton who are below us? That Falkirk and Morton?

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, CELTIC1CALEY3 said:

Harper is a very good player. We should be pleased he is back. We can but hope there is a real coming together of the group of players we have. Financially we need to accept the position and maximise the options we have.  

Great post its all about character now from management players and fans, lets all stick together to get  into play-offs.

Edited by Gregor
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

19 hours ago, Satan said:

Let's compare apples with turnips 

White has been top scorer in five seasons for the clubs he has been in his last 5 seasons in Scotland, whether you like it or not, ot are just too stubborn to accept it.

Stirling Albion 2 seasons

Livingston 2 seasons

Caley  1 season

White can only play for a team who signs him with his teamates at that specific time .In doing so he has played for 3 different clubs and has been top scorer with them all. Thats all the guy can do, we know and he knows he aint a superstar but Caley isnt Barca either.

So your comment is both stupid and derogatary to a young man that is doing his best at a club you profess to support.

A wee bit more respect for a decent guy who pulls your shirt on is maybe in order.

• Agree 4
  • Disagree 1
  • Facepalm 1

On 1/30/2020 at 12:34 PM, mikeyrob73 said:

????

Which part of " we are skint" you not quite understanding ? 

The part that says we are skint what I mean is wev not spent our meagre budget wisely Toddy and White had bad records when they arrived in front of goal why think it'd change that 2 wages could've been used wiser same as Carson Mchattie Trafford none of whom are even remotely decent