Alloa -V- Inverness CT

Scotty

Full review in the morning but let's just say that the performance was both satisfying and disappointing !! We mainly controlled the first half but Ridgers saved us twice from going behind, the own goal was unbelievable but our second as good as we have scored this season. We really should Have thrashed them after they went down to 10 but we went tippy happy, neat but they could have got back into the game. We always looked like winning but never really took charge. Fair play to Alloa as they are full of running, try to play football, avoid the hoof but thankfully have no end product. They will take points off more teams this season. Carson was my MOM, Doran was close. And let's not forget another clean sheet. Satisfying but could have been exhilarating.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Always thought the Dundee game was a season's game changer. Beating Ayr now becomes very crucial in terms of using this run to our advantage. Our passing yesterday was at times a delight to watch. Remember that at the beginning of October Alloa beat Dundee United 1-0. They are no mugs on their artificial pitch. Our cup game down there will be extremely challenging.

Sooner or later we will be able to say 'I was there' to see Jordan score a hat trick. He scored two yesterday but both were offside so given his record against Ayr, here's hoping!! Robbo was very vocal yesterday so here's hoping he's feeling great after being bed ridden a few weeks back and really gets the team to peak next week. 

33 minutes ago, CELTIC1CALEY3 said:

Always thought the Dundee game was a season's game changer. Beating Ayr now becomes very crucial in terms of using this run to our advantage. Our passing yesterday was at times a delight to watch. Remember that at the beginning of October Alloa beat Dundee United 1-0. They are no mugs on their artificial pitch. Our cup game down there will be extremely challenging.

Sooner or later we will be able to say 'I was there' to see Jordan score a hat trick. He scored two yesterday but both were offside so given his record against Ayr, here's hoping!! Robbo was very vocal yesterday so here's hoping he's feeling great after being bed ridden a few weeks back and really gets the team to peak next week. 

Hmmm this is not a criticism of Jordan at all but to say he scored 2 yesterday when offside is rather pushing it.....

• Funny 1

Excellent win at a tough venue! Well done ICT    Just noticed in the highlights that big Jord took an elbow to the face from a defender as he set up Doran for his goal!  Not a word said by the ref.  What with the elbow Carl took right in front of ar5e linesman two weeks ago I'm wondering if this means the officials are more blind than normal? Or just feckin poor?

• Agree 1

Just now, caley100 said:

Excellent win at a tough venue! Well done ICT    Just noticed in the highlights that big Jord took an elbow to the face from a defender as he set up Doran for his goal!  Not a word said by the ref.  What with the elbow Carl took right in front of ar5e linesman two weeks ago I'm wondering if this means the officials are more blind than normal? Or just feckin poor?

It was a sore one. However we appeared to get oyr fair share of the decisions yesterday. I didnt moan once re ref...lol 

• Agree 1

A six pointer for me this weekend, with my other team also winning away, also 2 Nil!   Enjoyed the highlights, the own goal one of the best **** ups I've seen in a while. another great goal fro Doran with good work by White. After the poor start to November we have got ourselves back on track, and without Welsh and Walsh. Obviously second place is courtesy of Ayr not playing yesterday, so next weeks home game is key to keeping the momentum going, we have a pretty good home record this season, so here's hoping we don't shoot ourselves in the foot

Eagle for Caley which part of South London do you  live in?  Are you familiar with Streatham?

In my early twenties I bought an old, but good-looking,  1935 MG , which cost me 100 pounds in a  Streatham garage and drove away chuffed. Then it broke down on the same day. I took it back to the garage and they gave me 50 pounds back.  ie First  lesson for an impecunious youngster.  :--- don't spend all your money unless you have a very good mechanic who lives  vey close to you at home. :tongue:

Our position at second in the league is under threat tonight as Ayr face Dunfermline st Somerset park in the first of their catch up games.

Brora v Morton in the Scottish Cup tonight as well.

The only team we need to worry about is the next one we face. Too often we trip ourselves up with results we take for granted, whilst looking too far down the line.

Remember where we could have been if we hadn't blown up against the bottom three teams!

We are our own worst enemy.

One game at a time please.

• Agree 1

• tm4tj unpinned this topic