Media Coverage

ff
AUDIO COVERAGE
LIVE TEXT (ONLINE)
VIDEO
TEAM LINEUPS
TO FOLLOW

Tweets by @ICTFC

Just Home rather soggy but i think that is the best we have played all season the difference Keatings makes when he is in the Team and IMO we are better in midfield without Vincent Midfield much better today than recent home games Ayr were poor they created very little and Ridgers had very little to do he was a lucky boy with that gamble he took in first half. Once again refereeing was bad we were denied at least 1 stonewall penalty we are on a good wee run right now hope we keep it up.

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, Robert said:

A damp afternoon but hopefully we are in for a great performance and result. 

An unchanged team. Any update on Welsh, Vincent or Walsh?

Robbo interview this week said he had a fit team bar Welsh and Walsh.

Much better performance than against Dundee and the players seem to at last have got the fighting spirit that's needed. No failures throughout the team and a deserved MOM for Miles Storey. Ayr were poor but had it not been for their goalkeeper, it could easily have been five or six goals.

Referee was poor again and, as Polo Chick said, we were denied at least one penalty and probably two. 

• Like 1

Inverness CT manager John Robertson: "We were convincing winners. I thought in the first-half in particular we moved the ball quickly, we got in behind them and we created chances. We got a great second goal. We had chances to kill the game but didn't due to some great defending and saves."

image.png

Table looking better now but looks like the Pars have reached a turning point in the season

What a game we are a team at last.Great performance  Well done the boy's. Just as an aside having been a referee albeit not at this level it was difficult to explain today's refs perfomance 

• Agree 2

It seems like the Arbroath debacle was the kick up the a*** that the lads needed, we've not lost a match since that day. 

Its good to get clear of Dundee and Arbroath, and potentially Ayr (unless they win midweek) but it's Dunfermline that we need to be wary of imho. Imho, Utd will be hard to dislodge so we will probably be in the play offs again, so the less matches we have in them,the better. 

Very enjoyable first half, probably the best 45 for a while. Other than a rush of blood by Ridgers coming way out of his box and thankfully not tackling, leaving an open goal that the Ayr player chose to cross rather than shoot, Ayr did not trouble us. 

White took his goal very well after a great pass by Carson, who is becoming the mainstay of our midfield. 

Ayr came out flying second half and our second was against the run of play. Trafford intercepted an Ayr corner, got the ball to Storey about the half way line and he did the rest, albeit the goalie should have saved it. 

I didn’t think the first half tackle on Doran was a penalty from where I was sitting.  

We made several good chances, with the Ayr keeper making a few good saves whilst Todorov had his first touch cleared off the line. 

Ridgers had little to do. Rooney was getting forward and did ok. Tremarco got a knock and was subbed when having a steady game. Donaldson and McCart were  not really troubled. 

Carson and Trafford were solid, with Carson my man of the match. 

Storey had his best game since returning, much more like the player from his first spell and thrived on the space Ayr gave him. He needs to be a bit less selfish and pass more: he would have got a rocket had his goal not gone in as Keatings was perfectly placed for a simple pass and tap in. 

Doran is much more like his old self too. I thought Keatings was quite quiet, but White had a very good game, not just his goal but he was tending to win and hold the ball. 

McHattie was solid after he replaced Tremarco. Good to see MacGregor back, although his first involvement was being brutally tackled. Todorov was unlucky not to score. 

What was the scuffle in the Ayr half late in the second half? I was watching the ball so missed it. 

Despite the poor weather, a very encouraging, satisfying afternoon and a job well done. 

Four clean sheets in a row is a good sign, and 9 points out of 9 since the Arbroath debacle. Maybe the virus had a bigger impact than any of us thought. Either way, hopefully we can keep this run going. 

Edited by Robert
  • Like 1

Hope the commentary was useful to those who weren't there.

There were maybe two moments when Ridgers' goal was threatened - one when he had his rush of blood in the first half, and then his excellent late block from McKenzie. Other than that, we were very comfortable.

Someone appears to have given Storey an injection of confidence! From the word go he was looking to get on the ball and he absolutely terrorized Harvie (a Scotland u21 international). His crosses were generally good and his goal, which was assisted by a poor piece of goalkeeping, was well deserved. Easily his best performance since he returned here.

I was also particularly impressed by Trafford, who won the physical battle in midfield, and Carson, who is looking more assured in possession. It was Carson's burst forward that set up White's goal.

No one could have complained if the margin of victory had been greater. Their keeper made three excellent stops and Todorov had one cleared off the line.

In truth Ayr offered little. They are really struggling with injuries and I think Dunfermline and Dundee are bigger threats to us for second place over the rest of the season.

• Agree 3

A great all round performance. with no failures. It was probably the best we have played all season so let's hope we can keep this up. I thought Carson and Trafford were particularly strong in midfield with Keatings and Storey not far behind. Well done everyone

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Great win today the whole team played well in tough conditions.

Keating's was my MOTM Carson & Trafford were close runners up they dominated the midfield.

Jordan White had a decent game scoring a superb goal. 

Miiles Storey's pace was causing Ayr all sorts of problems on the flanks. Went on a brilliant 45 yard run to score the 2nd goal catching them on the break after another poor corner from United. 

James Keatings looked pissed off that Storey didn't lay it off to him? but fair play to Storey he scored. I would of been pretty pissed off if he hadn't.

• Agree 2

Great performance today trafford and Carson controlling midfield  storey  back to his best  great finish from Jordan   keatings very unlucky not to score   overall really good team performance   nice to see us shooting on sight ?⚽?  keep it up guys

• Agree 3

• tm4tj unpinned this topic