Scotty

Really good team performance today.  I thought we had a really good team performance against Dundee, but today we moved up from that and were not only solid and tenacious but played some really good and often slick attacking football.  Weather conditions were poor but you would never have known that from the way the lads played.  Difficult to choose a MOTM as so many were excellent and there were no weak links.  Donaldson and McCart were solid at the back, Trafford and Carson worked really well together in midfield whilst there seems to be a good understanding developing between White and Keatings.  But today I would go for Miles Storey as this was by far the best performance I have seen from him since his return.  When you consider the quality in the squad who did not start today, then I think we can look forward to the future with some confidence.  Robbo has not had much funding to work with but he is building a very decent side.  What we need now is for more people to turn up and watch.  

Nothing negative to say about our team but I thought the so called "honest men" were a disgrace.  They might have been in serious trouble had we had a remotely competent referee.  Some of the decisions were quite bizarre and he seemed to be totally blind to the constant pushes trips and tugs.

• Agree 3

With an apparently  significant  increase in the number of fans showing up then that's a very encouraging trend.

And a terrific performance and win surely should convince more folks to help the team by showing up and giving strong support.

Could be we are on the way to further glory..?:cheer01:

• Agree 1

Good all round performance I thought, everyone did their job well without too much fuss.

Was it a poor Ayr or did we stifle them?? I'd say the latter - apart from a spell after HT , Carson and Trafford owned the middle of the park ( sorry Alan) .

They seem to have clicked and are getting their roles nailed down. Carson linking up with Keatings and particularly White was good to watch & I hope this can develop further. 

Only concern was some of the tackling was reckless - both Rooney & Donaldson picked up knocks from tackles they didn't have to make, although they stayed on its a risk that we shouldn't have to take - another spell out for Tremarco again too.

Get them patched up & readied for the next game, make this winter run like the one from 09/10.

• Agree 1

Another good performance against Ayr...can we keep this up for when I travel up for Ayr away in Jan?   Very encouraging that this was managed without Walsh or Welsh, and hopefully we keep this up and see these guys properly fit for a return in Jan/Feb which would be a real fillip. Good to see that Carson and Storey coming good. Tricky game away next week to the Thistle then a potentially tough game at home against the Pars.....

Looking good?  Worries are; dwindling attendance and the January transfer window; who gets sold to help with the cashflow?  

• Agree 2

50 minutes ago, Robert said:

Ayr being held at home by Arbroath tonight probably a good outcome for us. 

Yep they're on a bad run, used up their games in hand and we've got 4 points breathing space in 2nd from them and the Pars - looking a lot more promising than it was a few weeks ago.

• tm4tj unpinned this topic