Supporters Trust AGM

DoofersDad

ICT Supporters Trust held its AGM last night at the Caley Club.  

Giving the Chair's annual report, Stewart Murdoch reported that the key areas of activity this last year had been around the membership lists (a system to collect annual membership fees is now in place), other administrative issues and the relationship with the Club.  The previous Club Chairman and CEO had agreed to meet with members of the Trust Board but issues discussed had not made any real movement.  Communications with new CEO Scot Gardiner have been more positive but we are yet to meet with the new Chairman.  Changes in the Board Room and in the senior management structure of the club have not been conducive to developing the on-going, constructive relationship we would have liked, but we are hopeful that we can establish a programme of regular meetings as both the Trust and the Club come through their respective transition periods.  We are now better placed to move forward and this should be reflected in more proactive engagement with the club and in more regular communications with the membership and the wider supporter body.

Laura Grant, who had stood down from the Board by rotation, was elected back onto the Board without objection following an affirmation vote.  Unfortunately, no further members of the Trust put themselves forward to join the Trust Board and the Board's membership remains at 7.  The Board has no sub-committees.  Activity is limited by the number of Board members we have and therefore we would be interested to hear from any members who would like to be considered for co-option on to the Board.  We would also encourage other fans of the club to join the Supporters Trust as the more members we have, the stronger our influence can be in taking forward issues of concern to fans.  People can join the Trust at membermojo.co.uk/ictst.

Following the meeting, members were asked if there were any particular concerns they had which we could pick up with the club.  The big concern centred around the Sports Bar and the way the doors were locked half an hour before kick off thereby denying access to fans coming to the ground on the Caley Club bus and others.  There is also a related problem of access to the toilets from the main stand when the bar is open.  The general attitude of stewards was mentioned with one member commenting that ladies handbags were required to be open for inspection both on entering the Sports Bar and subsequently at the turnstiles.  There was a general consensus that ICT was perhaps the least welcoming club for fans in the Championship.  Concern was expressed that these issues may well have prompted many people to vote with their feet.  When the Club is facing a difficult financial situation, it simply can't afford to antagonise its own support in this way.  These issues will be taken up with the club.

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, Scarlet Pimple said:

Maybe it's a stupid question but what on earth would have motivated the club to demand access to ladies (FAN"S !) handbags. What an invasion of privacy for goodness sake.!!

I certainly hope it was a female steward doing the checking? Totally necessary anyway. I recall an occasion last season when Mrs G wasn't allowed to take her umbrella into the ground. Apparently it could have been used as weapon. The mind boggles. 

3 hours ago, Gringo said:

I certainly hope it was a female steward doing the checking? Totally necessary anyway. I recall an occasion last season when Mrs G wasn't allowed to take her umbrella into the ground. Apparently it could have been used as weapon. The mind boggles. 

Nope. Male steward. Tbf that doesnt bother me. Its the pettiness and hassle. No wonder folk dont bother coming. 

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, old caley girl said:

Nope. Male steward. Tbf that doesnt bother me. Its the pettiness and hassle. No wonder folk dont bother coming. 

That's so wrong, surely a lady can refuse such intrusion. In my eyes a 'gentleman' shouldn't even ask to look inside lady's handbag but....stewards aren't gents I suppose?

• 1 year later...
3 hours ago, Fraz said:

When is this year's AGM?

9th December.  All members should have received an email on 18th October with nomination papers for joining the Board.  This email included the scheduled date of the AGM.  Members should also have received an email on 11th October with a newsletter attachment which mentions the AGM date.  If any member has not received these emails, please email ictst001@gmail.com