Media Coverage

ff
AUDIO COVERAGE
LIVE TEXT (ONLINE)
VIDEO
TEAM LINEUPS
TO FOLLOW

Tweets by @ICTFC

Competent display without ever moving out of second gear. We had Ridgers to thank for keeping us from going behind in the first half but Dunfermline never threatened much after tbat. A good result with a deserved victory. Excellent displays from Trafford and Doran particularly in the second half but my MOM would be Ridgers for three saves when it looked easier to score

I

A good job well done. Not our best performance, particularly early in the second half, but overall we deserved to win. 

My man of the match was Ridgers for three excellent saves, two when 19 goal Nisbet was one on one with him. 

Everyone else was pretty competent although no real stand out performances from the outfield players. The defence did fine, with McHattie standing in well for Tremarco  Trafford was the pick of the midfield, with Doran and Storey both putting in decent shift.

Rooney had an easy tap in from Keatings’ cross whilst McCart headed in the second. I thought it was going to be disallowed as the linesman was flagging but I’ve no idea what for.  

We are putting together a decent home run. Let’s finish the year in style by getting revenge on Arbroath next week! 

A comment about the pitch. The corner in front of the main and north stands was heavily stranded and the ball was sticking. Hopefully not a sign of problems ahead.

Edited by Robert

Congrats guys. You deserved the win. We were rubbish. Nisbet was missing his partner Kiltie. Four of us on the dasc supporters bus chose Doran as our man of the match - we’re supposed to choose one of our own but none came to mind! 

re “The corner in front of the main and north stands was heavily stranded and the ball was sticking. Hopefully not a sign of problems ahead.” There was a pitch inspection re this particular area; officials weren’t happy with the digging which took place and had to wait on the ref (who was stuck in traffic) to make the final call. 

Not the greatest performance but there was a real team effort in there with Aaron Doran leading by example in Tremarco's absence.  McHattie did really well at left back too.  We deserved the win but twice we allowed Nesbit in on goal and again we have Mark Ridgers to thank for 2 outstanding bits of goalkeeping.  It is notable that both our goals were scored by one of our back four, and whilst it is brilliant that they can pop up and score, we need our strikers to be more clinical. There are aspects of Jordan White's play that I really like, but I'm hoping that Santa brings him a pair of magic spring loaded scoring boots for Christmas.  It may not be a white Christmas but perhaps it will be White New Year.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Caley Mad In Berks said:

A good win.  Consolidates 2nd place. tbh I think that is the best we can expect this season, and we will have to maintain consistency to achieve that.  But at least it is possible.

So, keep up the good work lads.

It's a good win and another clean sheet, early November' mishaps seem a long way away (other than bloody Partick)...It does kind of feel that we are playing for the 'best of the rest' but it is possible for Dundee United to implode. Noting the comment about the pitch, if the weather has been anything like it's been down here in recent weeks then we're doing well to get the games played!

35 minutes ago, DoofersDad said:

Not the greatest performance but there was a real team effort in there with Aaron Doran leading by example in Tremarco's absence.  McHattie did really well at left back too.  We deserved the win but twice we allowed Nesbit in on goal and again we have Mark Ridgers to thank for 2 outstanding bits of goalkeeping.  It is notable that both our goals were scored by one of our back four, and whilst it is brilliant that they can pop up and score, we need our strikers to be more clinical. There are aspects of Jordan White's play that I really like, but I'm hoping that Santa brings him a pair of magic spring loaded scoring boots for Christmas.  It may not be a white Christmas but perhaps it will be White New Year.

I'm not sure if White won a header all afternoon. Absolutely honking from him, just as well the defenders got him off the hook by scoring. Great saves by Ridgers at crucial times in the game. Storey can do one as well, what a misfit he has become. Defence were pretty solid and that gave us a platform to go on and win the game.

Still, three points, Merry Xmas.

2 hours ago, tm4tj said:

I'm not sure if White won a header all afternoon. Absolutely honking from him, just as well the defenders got him off the hook by scoring. Great saves by Ridgers at crucial times in the game. Storey can do one as well, what a misfit he has become. Defence were pretty solid and that gave us a platform to go on and win the game.

Still, three points, Merry Xmas.

That sums it up for me as well. There were long periods of the game that were pretty gash to be honest. Oh how we could do with a 19 goals striker. We'd probably be a lot closer to the Arabs than 13 points.

Why moan?  2-0 against a very good Dunfermline side charging up the table was a very good result.  You could go through the whole team and pick out good points with every player.  Here are a few.  Aaron looked really on form yesterday.  Carson adds real bite and drive to the midfield. Trafford has now bedded in and deserves his place. Keatings is building up his fitness again. Rooney is the chief overlapping nutmegger.  White wins a lot of headers on throw ins.  Miles now able to check back and defend when danger threatens.  

Mark made some absolutely crucial saves.  The back five had a fair amount of control over possession and were looking to set up attacks rather than dilly and dally as happened earlier in the season.

Five clean sheets out of the last six games is good news going forward. We are currently operating with quite a settled team.

Here's hoping Nottingham Forest soon come up with a big money offer for Shankland which would motivate all teams in the Championship to haul back Dundee United.  

So lets be very positive going into the game against Arbroath because if ever an opposition needed a doing at the Caledonian Stadium it is they.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Good result, but Ridgers saves made as much difference as the two goals scored.

Plenty good performances but wastefulness up front nearly cost us again.

Definitely not Whites day, but when we played quickly and to feet we looked dangerous - so why didn't we play a forward that is suited to that style...not Jordan's fault, just mismanagement.

A bit of thought before Arbroath required - if we just trot out the same team to play the same style against a  dangerous mob like Arbroath we will be looking like fools, again.

Keeping the gap to Utd only a measly 13pts.?

• Agree 1

Not really sure what to think about that. It was an easy 2 - 0 win and I didn't feel overly threatened by Dunfermline however Ridgers did have to look alert to pull off a couple of fine saves to stop Nisbet scoring and it could have been very different. We probably played better against Partick Thistle last week, created more chances and got pumped. Yesterday we didn't look that good for large parts of the game and struggled to really get things going in the final third but we win.

It's a funny old game.

Edited by RiG
  • Agree 1

?Merry Christmas ! I actually enjoyed yesterday in spells we played really well with Keatings being at the heart of most good things i thought Storey had a decent game again he put pressure on the GK and their back line which is something White clearly does not he is getting worse IMO he doesnt chase anything or win anything in the air despite being probally tallest on the pitch how much longer is Robbo going to persist with him not sure Todorov is the answer but we will never know when all he gets is 5 minutes a game. Second place is the aim now as DU are running away with it thats the difference a goalscorer makes lets hope & pray we keep going in the right direction. 

• Agree 1

18 hours ago, Lorna Morton said:

Congrats guys. You deserved the win. We were rubbish. Nisbet was missing his partner Kiltie. Four of us on the dasc supporters bus chose Doran as our man of the match - we’re supposed to choose one of our own but none came to mind! 

re “The corner in front of the main and north stands was heavily stranded and the ball was sticking. Hopefully not a sign of problems ahead.” There was a pitch inspection re this particular area; officials weren’t happy with the digging which took place and had to wait on the ref (who was stuck in traffic) to make the final call. 

Lovely to meet you in Sports Bar, Buffy.   Hope you enjoyed your day despite the result.  Happy Christmas to you and yours, except when against ICT!    Love from Lizi xx

I enjoyed the game yesterday.  We never really looked troubled and even the two Nisbet chances didn't have me covering my eyes expecting the worst.  Felt we had another gear to shift up to if needed and that the squad were playing well within themselves.

Don't think anyone had a bad game.  Sure, it would have been nice to see more from some; but I don't think anyone could be accused of not trying and if a player isn't good enough, then that falls to the manager to either replace them and/or find a system that plays better to the squads strengths.

I came close to overriding the man of the match choice and announcing it as Ridgers ?‍♂️

Merry Xmas.

• Agree 2

Nice to meet you too Lizi. It was a great day oot minus the football ?. Merry Christmas to you too xx 

8 hours ago, lizi said:

Lovely to meet you in Sports Bar, Buffy.   Hope you enjoyed your day despite the result.  Happy Christmas to you and yours, except when against ICT!    Love from Lizi xx

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic