2010-2019 : The Best Bits

CaleyD

As the current decade heads towards it's end, what are your best bits from the last 10 years?  Not necessarily the big games or the big wins, but the most memorable (good) moments on and off the park.

I'll let this thread run through till the end of the year and I'll then run a poll to allow people to vote and we'll compile a Top "however many" type list.

Go.....

The best bit will always be David Ravens goal v Celtic in the Scottish Cup Semi Final.   These memories even eclipse going to Bucharest and seeing ICT fans in the street and on sightseeing bus - wonderful days.  

• Like 3
  • Agree 3

Tough one really...either my first ever game. 1 May 2010 against Dundee in the First Division, last day of the season and mass pitch invasion at full time.

Or our European Debut against Astra Giurgiu...still quite disappointed I couldn't go to the away leg, but at 14, there's not a lot I could've done ?

An honourable mention was the beating C*unty in the Quarters last season (all the more entertaining when they celebrated it being "saved" but then their realization when it brushed the fingertips and went in)

• Like 1

easy one for me .... despite the fact we got relegated on that day !!!  It was May 20th 2017, the final game of the season against Motherwell (3-2 win).

Our relegation didn't happen that day, it was the result of a long bad season .... So why was it my favourite moment ?   It was because my little guy was mascot and walked out onto the park with his favourite ICT player at the time - David Raven. He had left Toronto a couple of weeks earlier with his 3 favourite players being Sebastian Giovinco, Michael Bradley and Jozy Altidore .... by the time he went back to Toronto (with a bunch of signed merchandise) it was David Raven, Jake Mulraney and Gary Warren ! As mascot he also got a pre-game tour of the stadium and the boardroom courtesy of @davie and also got to take part in a training session with the players (and other kids) a week or two earlier courtesy of a few folk who said we could come along.  

I credit this trip home for cementing his love of football. He had been to a couple of Toronto FC games with me before that, but now he wants to go to them all, and he also loves going to TFC Juniors training every week ... hoping to emulate one of his Inverness friends who is now in the ICT youth system. My job as a dad - steering him away from ice hockey, baseball and the pointy ball game they like to pretend is called football - is complete. He is hooked ?

_DSM5279.JPG

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

And another one. The day we put seven past Ayr ( 2010) ; the icing on the cake of a promotion season;the pub before ( The Ship?); the pipes; the mass pitch invasion; IHE abseiling from the stands .......maybe I imagined that; balloons everywhere;  Butchers speech; the shoes;............and the bookies had us at 5/4 that day. Now that was a day out

• Like 2

Party at Ayr 2010. If you werent there then you missed the best day out ever including the sermon in the stand. Oh and 7 different scorers! 

Another memorable day out was the 3-3 Cup derby over the bridge. (?2012) The one where Foran scored with his nose when they thought they had us....lol 

Edited by old caley girl
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, TopSix said:

Video evidence of said event? 

Ignore him. Would you take the word of somebody who drinks Fosters?  Just an Aberdonian getting his retaliation in first. The man who haggles with teenage programme sellers. 

• Funny 1

17 hours ago, lizi said:

The best bit will always be David Ravens goal v Celtic in the Scottish Cup Semi Final.   These memories even eclipse going to Bucharest and seeing ICT fans in the street and on sightseeing bus - wonderful days.  

For me it was earlier that game and the Tansey penalty. The gamesmanship and Celtic taking  5 mins to sub the goalie and resume the game. For him to stand there in front of 30k odd baying celtic fans before tucking it away and starting out comeback.

Hand of meekings was glorious too along with this minter

• Like 4
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 2
  • Sad 1

I will never forget the 3-0 win in Dingwall, with goals from Draper, Polworth and a cracker from Storey (wonder what happened to him!!). I had to sit on my hands in the main stand amongst County fans that day. 

However, that does not eclipse the cup semi final win against Celtic. Tansey’s penalty was so calm after the delay, but the sheer joy and surprise on Raven’s face when he scored will always stay with me. What play by Shinnie to make the chance. 

Cup final day was a joy, with a lot of beer, but an anti climax compared to the semi performance wise, but one of the greatest days in our history. When we went down to 10 men I thought we were done, and more pain after the penalty loss to Aberdeen in the league cup the season before, but we pulled it off, and credit Vincent for getting there to put it in the net. 

Memories! Hopefully we have many more good ones to come watching our rollercoaster team. 

My vote definitely goes to the cup semi!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

It has to be David Raven's goal against Celtic in the Scottish Cup Semi Final. What emotion, it was overwhelming,  as was Vincent's in the final, but that day we were playing Celtic, and even with 10 men, I thought that they still had a chance to come back. I have lived through the greatest time in ICT history, cup finals, cup wins, top three finishes in the league and European football, although it would be nice to think that we could achieve those heights again, I just think that all the planets were in align for us over that period, and we had some outstanding players, but Raven's goal is at the top for me.

• Like 1

Scottish Cup Away Days were always my favourites. Apart from going ballistic I would place equal - beating the Jam Tarts 3-1 at Tynie and the Barry Wilson winner when beating Motherwell 1-0. The latter was one of the best away supports ever. Always enjoyed the more diverse away days and the trip to Stranraer was a great laff. And from a performance level beating Gretna 5-0 was superb. But as above NOTHING could surpass that glorious day (and night) in Ayr.

On 12/23/2019 at 11:34 AM, Naelifts said:

And another one. The day we put seven past Ayr ( 2010) ; the icing on the cake of a promotion season;the pub before ( The Ship?); the pipes; the mass pitch invasion; IHE abseiling from the stands .......maybe I imagined that; balloons everywhere;  Butchers speech; the shoes;............and the bookies had us at 5/4 that day. Now that was a day out

ayr.jpg

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

It has to be a double for me.  The Scottish Cup semi-final against Celtic which was a fantastic game of football with us beating the best it was just brilliant.  Winning the Scottish Cup although not such a good game was the icing on the cake and as Alan said (something we may never witness again) I was speechless after the final whistle and for those who know me they might find it hard to believe :lol:  

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

The day we won the Scottish Cup Final will live in my memory even after I lose it. I was watching on a stream from the DEEP SOUTH in America .

I got  an employee of Shaw Cable network, which company supplies our TV  etc, to find one and he  found that channel and I was jumping up and down the whole match. A friend of mine was also  in the same mood and we really enjoyed the game and the atmosphere. Hysterics in my house when the final whistle blew.. My oh my! what joy. I was so  dumbfounded and in disbelief that I tried to speak and could only...….. utter a stutter.:tongue:

• tm4tj unpinned this topic