2010-2019 : The Best Bits

CaleyD

19 hours ago, old caley girl said:

Loving this thread. Yes the SC was wonderful but great seeing other days mentioned. More fun if we pick different ones. Keep em coming....

The nick ross LC semi? That was pretty decent day out too

Not sure why we have better cup semi days out than the finals

• Agree 1

Pretty hard to see past the 7-0 day out at Somerset Park. The whole day was fantastic, pre-match, match, sermon on the mount, Butcher controlling the fans with his arms like a puppeteer, the puppets waiting on his every command, like a sketch from Monty Python, post match, just everything about it.....apart from leaving my jacket in the away end.

If Carlesberg did away days with added panache; that's how they would do it!

• Agree 4

5 hours ago, tm4tj said:

Pretty hard to see past the 7-0 day out at Somerset Park. The whole day was fantastic, pre-match, match, sermon on the mount, Butcher controlling the fans with his arms like a puppeteer, the puppets waiting on his every command, like a sketch from Monty Python, post match, just everything about it.....apart from leaving my jacket in the away end.

If Carlesberg did away days with added panache; that's how they would do it!

And brown leather jackets! :shrug:

Edited by caley100
  • Agree 1
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, wynthank15 said:

Without a doubt the cup final victory - something we will never witness again.

Fixed it for you.

Wouldn't say we won't win it again, but I can't see it in the foreseeable future. Think if we get another beautiful cup run this season we have a fair chance, nobody expected us to manage it last season, so it shows it isn't impossible

For me the best moment has to be Graeme Shinnie lifting the Scottish Cup.  It is one of the big 2 competitions in Scottish football and to win that and have our name in the list of champions is a wonderful achievement and something that can never be taken away.  Lift the cup might have been my most memorable moment,  but the final certainly wasn't the most enjoyable game!  For a club the size of ours it seemed almost surreal to be going into a Scottish cup final as the clear favourites.  Having done the business against Celtic in that wonderful semi-final, it was a nervy day.  I remember just imagining how gutted I would feel if we lost the final to a team in the league below.  I remember that as the game wore on, Falkirk looked increasingly the more likely team to win the cup, but then up popped James Vincent with that lung busting run to score the most important goal in the Club's history!  Any lingering nerves were banished with the final whistle and then we could celebrate the victory as champions.  An absolutely magic moment.

Looking back though, it is truly remarkable that there actually are so many very special moments to look back on.  We can be very proud of what this Club has achieved.

• Agree 3

On 12/25/2019 at 9:10 AM, TopSix said:

Strangely one of my other favourite moments was the match against Killie when OTJ was sent off and walked out of the stadium. We played the best football I've ever seen us play that day. 

I mind after that game you wanted him banned from ever playing for ICT again. 

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

On 12/25/2019 at 6:43 PM, Scarlet Pimple said:

The day we won the Scottish Cup Final will live in my memory even after I lose it. I was watching on a stream from the DEEP SOUTH in America .  I got  an employee of Shaw Cable network, which company supplies our TV  etc, to find one and he  found that channel and I was jumping up and down the whole match. A friend of mine was also  in the same mood and we really enjoyed the game and the atmosphere. Hysterics in my house when the final whistle blew.. My oh my! what joy. I was so  dumbfounded and in disbelief that I tried to speak and could only...….. utter a stutter.:tongue:

It was the same day as the FA Cup Final but luckily earlier in the day ... so we were able to persuade the 'Football Factory' pub to show it live ... started off with 5 or 6 of my friends in for the game and ended up with the whole pub supporting ICT ... then later (after FA cup final) we went to the TFC game ... remember very little of that one though ! 

• Funny 1

MAs an ICT fan, going home and away, I loved the Semi Final v Celtic and that game will always be one of my favourite memories.  After queuing for ages for umpteen tickets for the Final, I became seriously ill and couldn’t attend.  Friends offered to take me by wheelchair, but not possible.  Awful!  After all these years of following ICT, to miss the final.   Watched on tv - not the same.  Was delighted with the win, but, I wasn’t there.  However I have wonderful memories - David Raven v Celtic, Nick Ross v Hearts at “neutral venue” Hibs!   Games v Ross C.unty so good.   Ayr with 7different goal scorers; ICT have given me so many good days out and the craic with those around me is so much better than watching games on tv.   Thank you ICT.  

Edited by lizi
Spelling !
  • Like 1

From a football point of view it has to be the Scottish Cup Final it’s been the pinnacle yet the club has sadly been on a steady decline since however and the fans have dwindled away.

From a non football point of view it has to be Bannerman’s resignation from the forum never have I seen toys thrown so far out of a pram in what can only be described as a seething mess.

Both the above glorious days IMO

dougal

• Funny 2

So many happy days following the team over the decade and I echo those stated above. So difficult to pick my top moment. But, of the games I've attended my vote goes to winning goal in the FACup semi final against Celtic. Always brilliant to see us beat them and for David Raven to grab the winner was just pure magic. Yes, lifting the cup too was magical but we struggled in the match and too many nervous moments for me until that final whistle. Magic to see Shinnie lift the trophy ( and me to hold it ) but that win signaled the end to that team which was a sad moment and put a dampened on it for me. Ayr away was brilliant - party party all the way and all that - but the title was already won before kick off.

The run of Games from January to May 2010 was pretty special.  The media had already crowned Dundee as league champions...but a 21 game unbeaten (league) run that started in December put pay to that.  What's even more incredible than turning over a 15 point deficit to finish 12 points ahead (27 point swing) is that we finished that season with the fixture backlog from hell (7 games in 24 days during March) and the players never let up, even after we'd secured promotion.

IMO, that was the season that kick started the 5 year run that culminated in the Scottish Cup victory and our wee European adventure.

• Agree 3

5 minutes ago, CaleyD said:

The run of Games from January to May 2010 was pretty special.  The media had already crowned Dundee as league champions...but a 21 game unbeaten (league) run that started in December put pay to that.  What's even more incredible than turning over a 15 point deficit to finish 12 points ahead (27 point swing) is that we finished that season with the fixture backlog from hell (7 games in 24 days during March) and the players never let up, even after we'd secured promotion.

IMO, that was the season that kick started the 5 year run that culminated in the Scottish Cup victory and our wee European adventure.

And that's what we need to do again starting in January :ictscarf:

Top Six (in chronological order):

Ayr 7-nil game - the outpouring of relief to be back up rather than the game itself.

Hearts at Easter Road - LC semi-final - Nick Ross goal and scenes thereafter. 

Hampden Scottish Cup semifinal - possibly the best of them all. 

Hampden - 30th May 2015

Astra away - despite the result/performance. A really special event. Pics and videos still give me goosebumps.

United - Scottish Cup game last season. Superb away support, great performance and genuine optimism which sadly proved unfounded.

I was lucky enough to be at them all and enjoyed them all considerably more than our two recent games against Arbroath.

Sadly, the great times seem to make the bad times feel even worse. Without wishing to sound like Guy Garvey I'd be happy enough with one day like these in the 2020s.

Keep the faith,

ymip

• tm4tj unpinned this topic