2010-2019 : The Best Bits

CaleyD

18 hours ago, ymip said:

Top Six (in chronological order):

Ayr 7-nil game - the outpouring of relief to be back up rather than the game itself.

Hearts at Easter Road - LC semi-final - Nick Ross goal and scenes thereafter. 

Hampden Scottish Cup semifinal - possibly the best of them all. 

Hampden - 30th May 2015

Astra away - despite the result/performance. A really special event. Pics and videos still give me goosebumps.

United - Scottish Cup game last season. Superb away support, great performance and genuine optimism which sadly proved unfounded.

I was lucky enough to be at them all and enjoyed them all considerably more than our two recent games against Arbroath.

Sadly, the great times seem to make the bad times feel even worse. Without wishing to sound like Guy Garvey I'd be happy enough with one day like these in the 2020s.

Keep the faith,

ymip

Like you I was at all six, and also sitting in the company of the Stonehaven ICT has made a few disasters a bit more palatable. 
The absolute moment of the decade for me is Raven’s goal. It narrowly pipped Richie Foran’s last minute overhead kick...

Watching the highlights, when the ball hits the net you can hear somebody yell “yes!” Possibly Shinnie or Raven or Christie, who knows, but the hairs on the back of the neck stick up every time.

• Like 1
  • Agree 5

On 12/31/2019 at 6:45 PM, TheMantis said:

Like you I was at all six, and also sitting in the company of the Stonehaven ICT has made a few disasters a bit more palatable. 
The absolute moment of the decade for me is Raven’s goal. It narrowly pipped Richie Foran’s last minute overhead kick...

Watching the highlights, when the ball hits the net you can hear somebody yell “yes!” Possibly Shinnie or Raven or Christie, who knows, but the hairs on the back of the neck stick up every time.

I always presumed it was Shinnie caught by the microphones behind the goals and completely agree about getting the chills when I hear it.

On 12/31/2019 at 6:45 PM, TheMantis said:

Shinnie. Shinnie again, What a chance here! AND ITS PUT IN BY RAVEN!

• Agree 1

• tm4tj unpinned this topic
  • 2 months later...

First post in a while and sorry a bit late to the party but what a great half a decade that i got to see. My days of a season ticket holder sadly ended early in the decade with uni finishing and moving back down to England. One of my favourite matches was a home win over Raith in March of 2010 on that big run we had when Foran overhead kicked it in to give us a hard thought win one of the best atmospheres in the north stand. Missed the Ayr game which i will always regret but being a student ran out of money haha. Was at the Dundee home game for crowing and ran on the pitch and lost my wallet with me and my mates trains tickets back to Stirling but luckily found it again.

Once I had moved away from Scotland got to less games but remember the anticipation for the trips North to watch the big cup games. The semi final at Easter Road was insane especially as my best mate was in the New stand as a massive jambo. The Nick Ross goal was absolute limbs and I remember feeling sick in extra time as wave after wave kept hitting our 9 men. Coming up for the final i was so excited  but it was a damp squib unfortunately but little did I know that not long after we would be seeing the same but in the Scottish Cup. The semi does out rank the final and will always be with me but wasnt it great to see so many people out to support us even if they were just day trippers on the 30th of may. Missed the Europa (again another regret but had to work) i dont get to many matches now although came up for the derbies last season but I will continue to support and hopefully this next decade will bring some magic too 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Spent last night watching the 2015 cup final in full on You Tube. 

First time I have watched it in full since enjoying a great afternoon (and long evening) in Glasgow.

I’d forgotten how much of the ball Falkirk had in the second half as they tried to get back in it. 

It also made me realise how we miss some of the players we had just 5 years ago. Players like Shinnie, Meekings, Tansey and Watkins, not to mention Christie. 

It also highlighted the pace Doran has lost with his injuries.

Even knowing the ending, I cheered both goals, felt Tremarco’s pain and went ballistic at full time.  

9 hours ago, Robert said:

First time I have watched it in full since enjoying a great afternoon (and long evening) in Glasgow.

I’d forgotten how much of the ball Falkirk had in the second half as they tried to get back in it.

I watched it all the way through a year or two ago.  And I still got very nervous in the second half... :lol:

• Funny 1

10 hours ago, Robert said:

It also made me realise how we miss some of the players we had just 5 years ago. Players like Shinnie, Meekings, Tansey and Watkins, not to mention Christie. 

It also highlighted the pace Doran has lost with his injuries.

Even knowing the ending, I cheered both goals, felt Tremarco’s pain and went ballistic at full time.  

Would've said it was a long afternoon followed by a great evening...not our best display in a final,  considering the players at our disposal. Just glad the sun shone on us at the end, poor Falkirk, they really shoulda finished us off.🤣