Scotty

2 minutes ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

I feckin knew it - The Happy Clappers will never be the same after their own Festive Fives performance.

We might have been better watching the Happy Clappers on Saturday ?

• Funny 1

Oh no where's the happy clapping old firm fans making us all feel better with there cliches "lesson learnt " etc? Think Robbo was right to slate the players fcuk them no putting in a shift yet again these guys need roasted they're masquerading as footballers a bin man ran them ragged ffs couldn't make it up!!

• Agree 1

I agree the same players robbo has said weren't up to it have had the arrogance to stall on signing new contracts with the club because they think they are better than the championship and better than ICTFC. Saturday was a reality check for them. If they can't perform for us no spl club would take a second look at them. Their performance was dire and they should be putting in performances to merit a new contract with us never mind anyone else. The players attitudes on Saturday work rate and effort wee shocking. And if I performed like that in my job I would be hauled in and put on a written warning. They are paid professionals who made a mediocre part time team look like Brazil. 

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, Alan Simpson said:

Oh no where's the happy clapping old firm fans making us all feel better with there cliches "lesson learnt " etc? Think Robbo was right to slate the players fcuk them no putting in a shift yet again these guys need roasted they're masquerading as footballers a bin man ran them ragged ffs couldn't make it up!!

I may not always agree with you Alan but I love the way you say it straight - and I can't argue with yer comments above. If I put in a shift that poor at my work I'd expect a right royal bollocking!  

It was actually a 34 year old bin man that ran us ragged.....just saying. 

On reflection it's actually the second time in 8 weeks that said binman has run us ragged

I was lucky enough to witness both debacles. Happy days.

Edited by ymip

41 minutes ago, RiG said:

Assuming Walsh and Welsh are still injured and Curry is back at Middlesbrough, the options for changing the team are:

Mckay

McHattie

Harper

Vincent

MacGregor

Machado

Todorov

Is Daniel Mackay back from his loan to Elgin for Saturday?

I cannot see a lot of changes, possibly Vincent and Todorov for Trafford or Carson and White?

As someone has said above, it would be interesting to see Storey playing off the main striker, but that leaves us light for wide players unless we push Rooney forward.

Will be interesting to see the starting 11. I don’t care who they are as long as they do better than Saturday and we bring the points up the road  

In fairness to Storey he has been awarded the second highest votes this week in our player of the year poll. Two posters giving him MotM is maybe stretching it a bit far, however he got a few second and third votes.

I agree about the end product, it is still missing but he did put in some effort which was more than most. Certainly not the biggest culprit. However, we have little in reserve to suggest mass changes. Probably Vincent, Toddy, MacGregor, Tremarco and Brad.

It's a tough game this weekend so difficult to see us being able to make many alteration to combat the threat of an improving Dundee.

I've always tried to keep the mindset that if a player is giving it their all, then there's not much more can be asked of them.  If they're not good enough, then getting on their back isn't going to make them any better...but if they're not trying hard enough, then it might just force them to get the finger out.  In saying that, I don't think it is ever a coincidence when almost an entire squad looks like it's not trying hard enough and that needs looking at because it's happening too often.  I'd wager that it's more to do with a lack of belief on what's being asked of them.

Miles Storey can't be faulted for effort and should actually get a bit more credit for keeping the chin up despite not getting the opportunity to play in his strongest position.  As has been touched on already, he's being forced to play on the wing because we don't have any other options...that must be hugely frustrating for him, and probably the team as well if they also think he would be better utilised up front.

From my seat in the north stand on Saturday storey for me was causing the Arbroath defence problems whenever he got the ball and ran at them. They couldn't cope with his pace and he was the only player trying to play forward balls rather than turn and play back. If we can find a system which allows him the time and space to run at defences we might get more end products. White again was being beaten in the air and hasn't got the pace to trouble a defence. We should be looking for an attacking midfielder or a striker in this window as I don't see us in the playoffs with the current squad. It's to small and injuries and fatigue will soon kick in.

• tm4tj unpinned this topic