Another massive game

CaleyTennis

Well, next weekend is another massive game in our quest to end 2nd in the league. Hopefully the players are going to put today's performance right because us fans are owed a big performance after that dross. 

After the last loss to Arbroath, we went on a good run which was halted by Partick so let's hope for the same again but I'm not confident and fear a loss to Dundee which will result in us blowing second and ending 3rd.

After today, anyone of the 10 outfield players could be dropped but, will we actually see many changes! 

Ridgers 

Tremarco, McCart, Donaldson, Rooney 

Doran, Carson, Vincent, McGregor

Storey and Keatings. 

2 hours ago, CaleyTennis said:

Well, next weekend is another massive game in our quest to end 2nd in the league. Hopefully the players are going to put today's performance right because us fans are owed a big performance after that dross. 

After the last loss to Arbroath, we went on a good run which was halted by Partick so let's hope for the same again but I'm not confident and fear a loss to Dundee which will result in us blowing second and ending 3rd.

After today, anyone of the 10 outfield players could be dropped but, will we actually see many changes! 

Ridgers 

Tremarco, McCart, Donaldson, Rooney 

Doran, Carson, Vincent, McGregor

Storey and Keatings. 

I agree but disagree with your selection. Trafford was one of the few outfield players today who got close to pass marks whilst MacGregor seemed out of his depth. 

We are missing Welsh and Walsh as Welsh protects the defence and Walsh has a creative spark.

Storey is getting better but not sure that playing as striker is his best position. Maybe the “number 10” role would work given his pace?

• Agree 1

Storey definatley caused problems for the Arbroath defence when he was allowed to run at them on the wing. Trafford I agree with Robert there he was decent in midfield. McGregor if he can bulk up will be good in midfield and a good attacking option for us but he was to easily brushed off the ball. My selection for Dundee would be

RIDGERS

TREMARCO, MCCART, DONALDSON, ROONEY

DORAN, TRAFFORD, CARSON, STOREY

VINCENT

TODOROV

1 hour ago, Jack Waddington said:

Don't have a clue what you're on about, Trafford was an absolute clutz yesterday. All over the shop and not putting any balls right to the feet of the opposition.

To be honest Jack, very few players managed to pass to their own team mates yesterday!

On 12/29/2019 at 1:03 AM, Robert said:

I agree but disagree with your selection. Trafford was one of the few outfield players today who got close to pass marks whilst MacGregor seemed out of his depth. 

We are missing Welsh and Walsh as Welsh protects the defence and Walsh has a creative spark.

Storey is getting better but not sure that playing as striker is his best position. Maybe the “number 10” role would work given his pace?

Thought Trafford was his usual mix of ticking time bomb and inability to see a forward pass. Yes he can slide in for the odd tackle  but there’s no creativity. MacGregor came on, beat a few players and moved the ball a couple of times. He got caught twice (once when he was given man and ball) the other times he made movement he wasn’t just blown over,  he was cynically hacked down three times and gained three free kicks in fairly good attacking areas. We needed midfielders to go at the defence and draw them out of shape - we didn’t do that and there was definite lack of movement up front to create space for others. The result was some fairly aimless punts from our CBs Took two pals along to Arbroath game for their first taste of ICTFC. Unfortunately I think I’d have to pay them both to go back again! 

2 hours ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

It will never feckin happen BUT -

Ridgers

Rooney  Donaldson McCart  Tremarco

Keatings  Carson  Trafford  Doran

McGregor

Storey

Decent line up bar the old Triffid I'd have that man out the door quicker than a starving man destroying a jimmy chungs! Sad times indeed if he's been hailed as the seasons saviour lol

• Disagree 1

Storey is a victim of being a player with pace so in the world of Scottish football where having a big target man is still the aim for some managers he's constantly being played out of position on the wing - yes he can get past players but unfortunately he doesn't have the final ball of a winger. His best goal scoring record came with ICT played through the middle - for some reason since then no manager in his career has given him that chance again.

Play him in the Keatings position behind White as nothing from the performances of Keatings so far has indicated he has made that position his own other than is very small flashes.

On 12/30/2019 at 10:42 PM, Satan said:

Storey continues to run around like a headless chicken, magic hat?? Magic boots would be better, or at least one fcuking magic shoe at least.

Storeys been played out of position he's not a winger he'll get goals if we play him up top Robbo can't seem to find a rubber score Whites name of the team sheet tho

• Agree 1

I have finally noticed Todorov's name appearing as a potential choice for the team in the near future. About time as far as I can judge from a country far-away...why has he been sidelined in recent times? He can't be worse than some of the already-chosen players judging by fan's reactions to date. Someone referred to Storey as a headless chicken, for example.

But, regardless of his name, surely his past contributions have indicated that his heart is in the right place and surely he deserves a shout....?

4 hours ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

Lets hope that he is more of a Vindaloo than a Korma.

In my experience nothing comes good from a vindaloo of course unless your hoping he is explosive, in which case I can vouch for that! 

• Funny 1