Ryan Christie

DEANO96

This season, Ryan seems to have become more of a direct goal threat than before, likely due to instructions from the manager.  This added proof that he can score quite regularly when played in the right role has got to add a bit to his value.

He has actually scored twice as many goals this season as the rest of our squad added together! 

Edited by Yngwie

I see that Swansea have just bought Falkirk striker Botti Biabi for £700K. I wonder if Ryan Christie is next? 

I was really impressed with Botti Biabi when he came on in the cup final, and felt he changed the game with his energy and 'chaos factor'. £700k is ridiculous though and I doubt he'll have signed for even half that fee... especially having only started a dozen or so games for Falkirk. 

I'd love to think that we'd get £1 million + for Ryan, but with less than a year left on his contract (apparently) I worry that we'll end up settling for the £600k or so that has been quoted in various newspapers/websites. Here's hoping he keeps banging in the goals and playing well in the upcoming weeks to bump that interest and valuation upwards!

Surely with no bids having been made its in the club's long term prerogative to tie him down for another year at least. He is our top prospect. 2 years preferably. 

Him and his family are known ict loyal and I think would be willing to consider a new improved deal if there's no concrete alternative on the table. It would give him the security and reward his award winning full debut season merits. 

And he should also be aware that if a premier league club really wants and truly rates him they'll easily be able to stump up the relatively modest fee (of the epl going rate) we'd look for. 

Surely with no bids having been made its in the club's long term prerogative to tie him down for another year at least. He is our top prospect. 2 years preferably. 

Him and his family are known ict loyal and I think would be willing to consider a new improved deal if there's no concrete alternative on the table. It would give him the security and reward his award winning full debut season merits. 

And he should also be aware that if a premier league club really wants and truly rates him they'll easily be able to stump up the relatively modest fee (of the epl going rate) we'd look for. 

What makes you so sure no bids have been made ? Our club seldom conducts it's business in public.

I see that Swansea have just bought Falkirk striker Botti Biabi for £700K. I wonder if Ryan Christie is next? 

£700k is ridiculous though and I doubt he'll have signed for even half that fee... especially having only started a dozen or so games for Falkirk. 

Sorry, you're right. I think the deal could potentially see Falkirk earn £700K, the cash in hand they are receiving is £180K apparently. 

What makes you so sure no bids have been made ? Our club seldom conducts it's business in public.

Well Hughes as good as said there's a new club linked every week but nothing concrete has been made. That's not to say clubs haven't sounded up his agent etc.

Most deals have a lot of behind the scenes to-ing and fro-ing long before an official bid is made.

Fresh rumours today of a £500k move not down South, but to Celtic.

Wherever he ends up(hopefully still here) all the best to him, cracking player.

This'll be the rumour first muted on a particular fans facebook page that suggests he'll follow in his fathers footsteps. Not exactly an ambitious move considering his father never broke into first team in his two years at Celtic.

Is he not a Celtic supporter?  Wouldn't at all be surprised if that's where he ends up to be honest.  Even then though, would he get much game time?  Certainly nowhere near as much as he would with us, against mostly the same opposition.  Can't really see how he'd grow as a player with that move to be honest.

Is he not a Celtic supporter?  Wouldn't at all be surprised if that's where he ends up to be honest.  Even then though, would he get much game time?  Certainly nowhere near as much as he would with us, against mostly the same opposition.  Can't really see how he'd grow as a player with that move to be honest.

He would, however, grow his bank balance...

Celtic is an obvious one based on the Delia signing policy - GMS, Armstrong, Ciftci, Allen - all players already used to Scottish football, ambitious, talented and ready to step up who can be bought for little in comparison to similar talent levels from elsewhere. If Ryan goes there he will get more game time than moving down south, possible European football and with Commons aging and becoming more injury prone a position Ryan can slot into that role.

• Agree 1

Good deal if it goes through to be honest, if it does work out for Christie at Celtic and he gets sold on for a few million we will be due a percentage, if it doesn't work out he will probably just come back like his dad did. Lets just hope if we get the 500k we strengthen our squad with some quality players like that lad from Dunfermline?