Ryan Christie

DEANO96

• 2 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, DoofersDad said:

I don't see why a loan back clause would stop a sell on clause also being there.  I would be very, very, very surprised if there was not a decent sell on clause.

depends on what the player, his agent, and Celtic agreed to at the time ... we can ask for whatever clauses we like, its whats agreed by all parties thats relevant. Even if it emerges in future that there wasn't one, that doesn't automatically make the club culpable ... I do however hope they aimed high with this one as it was clear very early that Ryan could go a lot further and higher and he has.   

It might be that we sacrificed the sell on clause so we could get him back on loan. Would love to think we would receive something if Celtic were to sell him on otherwise it makes an even bigger mockery of the piddling £500,000 (approx.) we got for the guy.

• Agree 1

27 minutes ago, RiG said:

It might be that we sacrificed the sell on clause so we could get him back on loan. Would love to think we would receive something if Celtic were to sell him on otherwise it makes an even bigger mockery of the piddling £500,000 (approx.) we got for the guy.

Scenes when he gets signed by Man City and we become richer than Uncle Roy F.C. could ever dream of

Not that I think anyone in a Scotland shirt on Monday night did anything to shout about it was noticeable that Ryan gave everything from the first whistle, he never his and was always demanding the ball, or trying to win it off the Belgians. At times he reminds me of his father in the old second division - a pass or two ahead of his team mates. I think he can go up another level and keep developing, whether we make money or not it would be a fine thing for a local lad to do so well. 

Celtic are just a stepping stone...?

8 hours ago, Satan said:

Not that I think anyone in a Scotland shirt on Monday night did anything to shout about it was noticeable that Ryan gave everything from the first whistle, he never his and was always demanding the ball, or trying to win it off the Belgians. At times he reminds me of his father in the old second division - a pass or two ahead of his team mates. I think he can go up another level and keep developing, whether we make money or not it would be a fine thing for a local lad to do so well. 

Celtic are just a stepping stone...?

Have to say I agree. Still haven't seen the game as I was over in Eigg till last night. Was at the Russia game though, and although McGinn started reasonably well, Ryan made a great impact when he came on. He was a revelation in the Israel game at home too. It was exciting watching ICT when he broke through. It's easy to be biased about one of our own (e.g. Tam Cowan says Turnbull is better) but when you look at the likes of Ryan Fraser making a job of it, I can see him playing in the Premiership in a year or two.

• Agree 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Had another look at the wonder boy last night at Tynecastle. Unless he’s desperate to stay at Celtic I can see him playing in the Premierleague as early as next season. Out of possession he bursts a gut to get the ball back, mainly against Hickey last night. In possession his ball skills and vision are tremendous. First half hour Hearts had Celtic penned in and any out balls were up the left with Hayes and Forrest. Virtually Ryan’s first involvement and - bang, 1-0.

2 hours ago, TheMantis said:

Had another look at the wonder boy last night at Tynecastle. Unless he’s desperate to stay at Celtic I can see him playing in the Premierleague as early as next season. Out of possession he bursts a gut to get the ball back, mainly against Hickey last night. In possession his ball skills and vision are tremendous. First half hour Hearts had Celtic penned in and any out balls were up the left with Hayes and Forrest. Virtually Ryan’s first involvement and - bang, 1-0.

According to Transfermarkt, Ryan's worth £3.38 Million. Whoever gets him is in for a bargain. Can't see it being one of the BPL Giants taking him though, maybe Leicester or Wolves. With the budget everyone is on they could buy literally anyone. Or, he'll follow the path of John McGinn and go to a promising Championship side