QoS match

bdu98196

Curry has gone and now with strong rumors that Coll and Rooney have signed PCA's and the club are looking to get settlements for early departures, do we play them or plan for the future and drop them?

Ridgers

B.Mckay    McCart     Tremarco  McHattie

Doran       Trafford      Keatings   McGregor

Storey

Todorov

33 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

Curry has gone and now with strong rumors that Coll and Rooney have signed PCA's and the club are looking to get settlements for early departures, do we play them or plan for the future and drop them?

Ridgers

B.Mckay    McCart     Tremarco  McHattie

Doran       Trafford      Keatings   McGregor

Storey

Todorov

I would drop them now. Obviously loyalty is not one of their attributes.

• Agree 2

I'd play them for now.  If we are to have any hope of getting promotion we need our strongest team in the park.  If a player has signed a PCA then you would expect him to want to move in January if possible in order to start picking up the bigger wage sooner and (if moving to a Premiership club) play against the top flight clubs.  It is therefore in their interests to give their all in these games to persuade the teams then have a PCA with to do what is necessary to get early release.  It will be a different matter if a move is not agreed in January though.  In that case, with the PCA in place, there is not the same need to impress, and whilst they may genuinely try to do the best for the club and their team mates, there will be a loss of that fighting edge.  If we can get some money now for anyone who has a PCA then it's probably best to get some money for an early release.  It's all conjecture at the moment but if Rooney is going to leave us then I would have thought he should be having Premiership ambitions.  Rather than go to Dundee, he would be better staying here for the rest of the season and showing people what he is capable of.  He shouldn't be short of offers then.

Not sure I  agree that a player with a  PCA is not going to give their all, Polly signed one last year and imo he gave good performances until end of season.

However dont understand why the club cant offer them a far better contract if the club goes up to the premiership and at least then there is the incentive to stay with us and get us promoted.

I am assuming that what we are offering isnt very good even for the top flight.Coll maybe should consider that all is not always rosy with County as looked what has happened with Joe Chalmers not getting as much game time.

Edited by Gregor
  • Agree 1

Loyalty--what is that then ? Players  have long ago determined that their best interests are served by playing for a club with a future, money in the bank, and a decent raise at season's end for the next year's performance. Assuming, of course, that their striving and performance during the season about to end has been notable rather than just  naughty play-acting.

No use at all crying the blues and pointing fingers at this player and that player since that is the modern reality, dearies,---- at least IMHO. And if the selling club does not have the money to boost a  good player's paycheque then well..."  I really liked playing for ICT but ".  will be the tune they play on their imaginary fiddles.

It's not about blame ! It's about the reality of modern day pressures and the costs of living.....and, of course, that player's ambition too  relating to his future and that of his family.

• Agree 1