ICT YouTube Videos (early 2000's)

bmills

Thanks for these uploads.  2002/03 is my favourite season as a supporter.  The period from the first derby game to when Pele left was the best football I've ever seen us play, you'd turn up every week and know we were probably going to score at least three goals.

• Agree 4

Some great memories there. I’m not one to shout abuse at refs on a regular basis, but I remember going ballistic at Caff’s red card at Ochilview when the Falkirk player was gripping the ball between his legs. And I recall the reaction of Iain Coia (remember him?) attracted the attention of the police.

On 1/15/2020 at 10:38 PM, Yngwie said:

Some great memories there. I’m not one to shout abuse at refs on a regular basis, but I remember going ballistic at Caff’s red card at Ochilview when the Falkirk player was gripping the ball between his legs. And I recall the reaction of Iain Coia (remember him?) attracted the attention of the police.

And who did Coia "threaten" - John Hughes !!  The sending off was a farce. Almost 3000 that day though

• 2 months later...

That was my first game at the stadium, missed the first one the week before v Albion Rovers who scored the first ever goal before the equaliser came from... yes, Iain Stewart.

Edited by TheMantis
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Jack Waddington said:

Not specifically related, but last season's Semi Finals is up on YouTube for anyone who cares.

Won't bother thanks. We were never in the game : all we were doing was trying to stop Hearts scoring. Worst ever performance in a 'big match' by miles (and I've been at them all).

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, DWH said:

Won't bother thanks. We were never in the game : all we were doing was trying to stop Hearts scoring. Worst ever performance in a 'big match' by miles (and I've been at them all).

I disagree with that, we were 0-0 at half time and had a few chances to equalise that was just unlucky. We ran out of steam and didn’t deserve to lose 3-0.  We were worse against Hibs last season in the Scottish Cup Quarters. 

4 hours ago, DWH said:

3 hours ago, ICTPAISLEY said:

I disagree with that, we were 0-0 at half time and had a few chances to equalise that was just unlucky. We ran out of steam and didn’t deserve to lose 3-0.  We were worse against Hibs last season in the Scottish Cup Quarters. 

It's certainly open to debate in a sort of 'if your aunty had baws' kind of stylee, including the disallowed goal, and conceding before the second half had really started. But I saw the game and the highlights so no thanks to sitting through all that again.

• Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...

This lockdown and a rainy day had me having a rummage around in loft yesterday. Unfortunately there was nothing up there that would be of interest to Flog It or the Antiques Roadshow but I did come across a gem....it's a VHS Tape recording of almost the entire 2003-04 season involving just ICT games. The games were recorded off the box by Uncle Albert who painstakingly put it together week in week for Gringo Junior. Also in the loft were a couple of VHS Recorders/Players which, after a good dusting and clean, actually work. I have software now that can convert this VHS to a DVD or MP4 format. 

The footage, if I recall, does have a couple of games missing probably due to no highlights being broadcast at the time. Of course, when Uncle Albert started recording this he had no idea he was starting to compile a record of our title winning season. I'm going to enjoy watching this.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Gringo said:

This lockdown and a rainy day had me having a rummage around in loft yesterday. Unfortunately there was nothing up there that would be of interest to Flog It or the Antiques Roadshow but I did come across a gem....it's a VHS Tape recording of almost the entire 2003-04 season involving just ICT games. The games were recorded off the box by Uncle Albert who painstakingly put it together week in week for Gringo Junior. Also in the loft were a couple of VHS Recorders/Players which, after a good dusting and clean, actually work. I have software now that can convert this VHS to a DVD or MP4 format. 

The footage, if I recall, does have a couple of games missing probably due to no highlights being broadcast at the time. Of course, when Uncle Albert started recording this he had no idea he was starting to compile a record of our title winning season. I'm going to enjoy watching this.

Give me a shout if you want me to upload them to Youtube! 

28 minutes ago, bmills said:

Give me a shout if you want me to upload them to Youtube! 

Many thanks. I hope to get going with the conversion before the end of the week. Will be in touch if required. :twothumbsup:

• Like 2