ICT YouTube Videos (early 2000's)

bmills

1 hour ago, Gringo said:

Many thanks. I hope to get going with the conversion before the end of the week. Will be in touch if required. :twothumbsup:

Would be great to have most of that season uploaded. 

You didn't happen to find any 2002/03 aswell did you?  Got a gaping hole in what I've got at what was a time when the football being played was the best I've seen. 

Uploaded more videos this morning by the way,  including Caley v Clyde from 1992 (footage supplied by Mantis):

4 hours ago, bmills said:

You didn't happen to find any 2002/03 aswell did you?  Got a gaping hole in what I've got at what was a time when the football being played was the best I've seen. 

Uploaded more videos this morning by the way,  including Caley v Clyde from 1992 (footage supplied by Mantis):

Got plenty 2002-3 you can have Brian. Maybe other stuff too. Will PM you.

9 hours ago, bmills said:

I have nothing on tape from 2002/03. The VCR I have is the only footage I have from this era. Sorry.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Naelifts said:

Oh yes.That Kilmarnock goal. I was in the wings of the main stand that day and had a brilliant view of it. Couldnt believe it not being given. And Barry.......what a strike;what a player.....happy days

I was in the same area. The one that got away. How the linesman never saw that we'll never know.

21 hours ago, bmills said:

That would be fantastic.  Thanks Mantis!!!

Been having a look at your channel. Terrific stuff. And lots more to come. What an amazing history the club has packed in, especially in the Cup. Just been reliving the Partick game from 2002 from my own stuff, what a game and great coverage of the team travelling down from a snowbound Inverness.That team would walk the Championship nowadays. Also the Clyde game in 2004.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheMantis said:

Been having a look at your channel. Terrific stuff. And lots more to come. What an amazing history the club has packed in, especially in the Cup. Just been reliving the Partick game from 2002 from my own stuff, what a game and great coverage of the team travelling down from a snowbound Inverness.That team would walk the Championship nowadays. Also the Clyde game in 2004.

Two of my favourite games, would enjoy looking back at them! 

5 hours ago, TheMantis said:

Such a shame that Paterson left when he did.  Would have been great to see him take the club all the way from the 3rd to the Premier with that brand of football.  I always wished I could have seen the first half season that he was in charge when every other week was a 5-0 or a 5-1.  And that Albion game when it was 6-0 at half time and he said the players let the club down when it finished 6-1.

Always came across really well in interviews aswell.

Have any of you guys ever met him?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Robert said:

I like to watch You Tube videos on tv. What is the name of the channel so I can search for it?

Cheers!

Football Archives

Here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnmq6qdAYdKzfGF8sZoPMqw

There's a few season by season playlists and one big playlist in chronological order from 1993 news items about the early days of the merger through to the championship win in 2004.

Here's the Partick and Clyde games:

• Like 1

On 4/30/2020 at 8:29 PM, bmills said:

Have any of you guys ever met him?

Yes, met him a couple of times. Quite a chat at the 10 year anniversary ball of the famous Celtic game.  Nice chap despite going through some personal issues at the time. A too thought it was a shame he left ICT for Aberdeen where it never worked out for him. I wonder where he'd taken us if he'd stayed. 

• Like 1

It's not early 2000's and it's not ICT either,  but here's Caley's last ever Cup Final.  Anybody remember it?  A magazine article from around the time said that some Caley fans organised a swearing campaign in protest at the merger aimed at disrupting television coverage of the game. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ictchris said:

I see you've put a preview of the Caley Stirling Albion cup tie in 1990, do you have any footage of the game?

If that's the one that ended 6-2 I don't think any highlights exist. Christie and Robertson were the scorers and it was played at Brockville as Caley weren't obliged to play on the plastic at Annfield.

1 hour ago, TheMantis said:

If that's the one that ended 6-2 I don't think any highlights exist. Christie and Robertson were the scorers and it was played at Brockville as Caley weren't obliged to play on the plastic at Annfield.

Ah that's a shame.  I was due to go to the game but it got postponed, I remember there being signs on the A9 to tell the travelling fans it was off.  My dad worked at teh Courier at the time and I helped him give away the cup pull out on the football special train in the morning of the game.

Don't have highlights of Stirling Albion from 1990 I'm afraid but some very rare highlights uploading this weekend:

A Caledonian Thistle game from 1994-95 and a Caledonian FC Highland League game from 1989-90.

Rare footage.

Match highlights from 1994-95.

Caledonian Thistle v Dundee available on YouTube from 11:30 this morning. 

Just time to squeeze it in before ICT v Hearts on the official ICT channel at 12.

2 hours ago, bmills said:

Rare footage.

Just time to squeeze it in before ICT v Hearts on the official ICT channel at 12.

Thanks that was a good watch. Who’s the roaster who hit that last one for us? 

51 minutes ago, ICTPAISLEY said:

Thanks that was a good watch. Who’s the roaster who hit that last one for us? 

The one blootered over was Davie Brennan. Caley got him from Shotts Bon Accord. The other one looked like Paul McKenzie and so did the one in normal time. Either him or John Scott. That earlier one looked tailor made for 10cc to take mind you, as he won it.

The goal we did get is a reminder of what a classy player Danny MacDonald was. His career was tragically ruined by injuries.

Edited by TheMantis

2 hours ago, bmills said:

Rare footage.

😂 Where did you get your hands on that footage? Never seen it before. A great performance against a decent Dees side with Jim Duffy, Morton Weighorst, Gerry Britton, Neil Duffy and George Shaw. They had beaten us comfortably in the League Cup 3-0 at Dens.

5 hours ago, TheMantis said:

😂 Where did you get your hands on that footage? Never seen it before. A great performance against a decent Dees side with Jim Duffy, Morton Weighorst, Gerry Britton, Neil Duffy and George Shaw. They had beaten us comfortably in the League Cup 3-0 at Dens.

HCVF.  Got in touch with them a couple of years ago to see if they still had footage from the early days.  Didn't expect they would but they've got about 20 from 1990-1995.  Bought them all, just takes time to edit down to watchable highlights. 

John Scott took the penalty in normal time.  Not sure why he was taking it.  Didn't look confident and with Mike Andrew and Charlie Christie on the pitch you'd have thought one of them would have taken it (both took very good penalties in the shoot out).

Got a Highland League game from 1990 ready to upload but internet's been down all day.

Do you remember the Dundee game?

Edited by bmills
Spelling