Scottish Cup v Alloa - Preview & Matchday

tm4tj

2 hours ago, jed5697 said:

Probably use the bench early in the second half. Got a few options there.

That would have been ideal. Went 1-0 up lost the zip, went 2-1 up and lost the pace and zip that had been working. Instead of retreating at 2-1 it was the time to go for the kill. Subs coming on with 10 mins make no difference atall. I don’t get the psychology. Attacking with a slender lead should exactly what we’re doing when the opposition are reeling a bit. That’s when to get fresh legs on ready to do the running and find the space as they push for an equaliser. Mind you what do I know. I was only watching! 

• Like 1

There was never a moment when I thought we would lose this match, but it was great to get through and not need a replay. Decent game and performance on the whole, but the goals we conceded both looked way too easy for Alloa. 

I can’t recall ever seeing a game where both team gave the ball away so cheaply, so frequently.

33 minutes ago, Robert said:

Good that we got through. Hopefully we get either a winnable tie next or a big pay day in Glasgow. 

I would want another winnable tie at home and save the big pay day for later :wink:

5 hours ago, FrontRow said:

That would have been ideal. Went 1-0 up lost the zip, went 2-1 up and lost the pace and zip that had been working. Instead of retreating at 2-1 it was the time to go for the kill. Subs coming on with 10 mins make no difference atall. I don’t get the psychology. Attacking with a slender lead should exactly what we’re doing when the opposition are reeling a bit. That’s when to get fresh legs on ready to do the running and find the space as they push for an equaliser. Mind you what do I know. I was only watching! 

When did Walsh come on?

• Like 1

• tm4tj unpinned this topic