Downtime

Scotty

We had scheduled some maintenance for last night that was supposed to take maybe a couple of hours overall with an expected downtime of maybe 30 minutes or so during the process. Fast forward 17 hours and as you will have figured out things didn't quite go according to plan ! 

We are still experiencing issues as our host had to put us on a temporary server while they reconfigure our main server. This was the agreed  maintenance and the temporary migration was supposed to take the 2 hours with the downtime happening while they tweaked our settings. 

They havent quite figured out why we are still having an issue but are working on it. normal service will (hopefully) be resumed ASAP. 

Incidentally - until the migration is complete and we are reasonably sure that normal service is resumed we would recommend that you perform a CTRL-A/CTRL-C or equivalent to select all and copy on your content before posting ... that way idf the site does burp, fart and fall over as you post you can simply paste that response into another window.  

Is there still issues Scotty?

When I hit forums on the drop down menu on my mobile, it seems to take me back to ICT forum, which means I can't see editorial forums.

Every time I access the site on laptop I have to log in again and get error message, although I can get on to site.

Error message

The CSRF key did not match. This may indicate a plugin or theme is out of date. Please contact technical support for more information.

Error code 2S119/1

31 minutes ago, tm4tj said:

Is there still issues Scotty?

When I hit forums on the drop down menu on my mobile, it seems to take me back to ICT forum, which means I can't see editorial forums.

Every time I access the site on laptop I have to log in again and get error message, although I can get on to site.

Error message

The CSRF key did not match. This may indicate a plugin or theme is out of date. Please contact technical support for more information.

Error code 2S119/1

We have moved servers temporarily so this is possibly a result of that. Initially I would suggest logging out of the site on all browsers and platforms and then clearing any cookies. An ad blocker or javascript blocker can also cause this issue if the site is not allowed to set cookies. Your screenshot also concerns me as that normally happens when there is an issue blocking javascript or with interpreting the CSS. 

In terms of whats happening ..... Our host has indicated they have resolved the current issues. They basically screwed up the litespeed portion of our server and this was throwing up errors all over the place ... support were very slow until i started posting on social media !  We will be continuing the migration for up to 7 days but we are told there should not be any more downtime (or minimal at least). The change is required to allow us to replace our hosting back end from cPanel to Interworx due to a huge price increase in the cost of cPanel ... it used to be licensed by account but now its licensed by instance and we have several instances that would see our hosting bill increase by 40% !!! We cant afford that. 

Laptop still ok.

Mobile taking me in to last page I accessed. Will reboot and see if that helps, I have already added new link on chrome on mobile.

Still can't see editorial etc.

***OK, before I smash my mobile into little fragments, I'm giving up for now.

When you're alone and the forum is making posters lonely
You can always do - downtime
When you've got flurries, all the noise and the slurry
Seems to help, I know you do - downtime
Just listen to the whingeing of the vultures in the city
Linger on the keyboard where the server signs aint pretty
You can only lose

But the mods are much brighter here
We can forget all your troubles, forget all your cares
So do downtime, things'll be great when you do
Downtime - sore finger state, for sure
Downtown - everybody's waiting for you

Cheers to Scotty, Don and company :drinking05:

• Like 3
  • Funny 2

A bit Petulant Johndo.............

I'm no expert on the techno side Satan, but Scotty would advocate that you clear your cache etc.

My mobile mow working after I changed the view on my phone. Thank feck.

• tm4tj unpinned this topic