British League Cup?

Jack Waddington

David Moyes has came forward with the idea that the Scottish Premiership sides get put into the English League Cup.

Personally, I think it sounds decent, and while it has been done before on a smaller scale, I don't see why it won't work again...

Opinions?

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/5196321/david-moyes-celtic-rangers-scotland-english-league-cup/

Looks to me as though he's talking about only Celtic and Rangers.  And they would never agree to it because of the potential embarassment of being knocked out in an early round.

Bournemouth v Hamilton Accies on a cold midweek night wouldn't even cover costs, and that's two Premiership teams.  Let's not even think about Crawley Town v Livvie :crazy:

On 1/23/2020 at 8:26 AM, Jack Waddington said:

David Moyes has came forward with the idea that the Scottish Premiership sides get put into the English League Cup.

Personally, I think it sounds decent, and while it has been done before on a smaller scale, I don't see why it won't work again...

Opinions?

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/5196321/david-moyes-celtic-rangers-scotland-english-league-cup/

About as bad an idea as it was for West Ham to reappointed Mr Moyes as the manager to oversee their relegation.

• Funny 1

The Scottish league cup is bad enough on it's own The competition down south has been used by the top clubs to give their reserves a run out as it should be used here. When it fails to find a sponsor it will thankfully die a death in both countries but the problem of blooding young players against 1st team players will remain.