Scotty

10 hours ago, lizi said:

If he was reacting to boos, then why thumbs up to the Ayr directors box?  A reaction to boos would normally be towards the fans doing the booing.   No excuses - that referee should forfeit his payment for his performance today - so biased and inconsistent, it was laughable.   Looking forward to seeing the points awarded for MOM and ref!!  

I actually think the thumbs up was to a friend? Totally inappropriate though 

19 minutes ago, Alan Simpson said:

Definitely the refs fault we only mustered 1 shot on target starting to sound like old firm fans with the conspiracys! It happens can't win them all Ayr are on a roll the now

Not like you to have trouble reading what people have posted about the game. 

• Funny 1

22 minutes ago, Alan Simpson said:

Definitely the refs fault we only mustered 1 shot on target starting to sound like old firm fans with the conspiracys! It happens can't win them all Ayr are on a roll the now

Ok I will bite. Were you there? For the record we were not at our best however we were never going to win with that ref? 

10 minutes ago, old caley girl said:

Ok I will bite. Were you there? For the record we were not at our best however we were never going to win with that ref? 

Of course I wasn't there I'd have stood out in the crowd girl lol! Footballs a simple game put the ball in the net u win games regardless of how poor the ref is ! Our strikers couldn't score in a brothel been a problem for years thought we'd solved it by bringing back Miles right enough! Need a Simon Murray type where's he now?

18 minutes ago, RiG said:

Not like you to have trouble reading what people have posted about the game. 

I like a scan thro the match reports pointless blaming the ref nothing to do with him if we can't score can't win not rocket science my man! Only a blip anyway Robbos a few tricks up his sleeve on the transfer front sort this out

• Facepalm 1

53 minutes ago, izzy said:

Ok having watched the highlights that explains why the ref was giving thumbs up to Directors box .He did the job for them ?

We did the job for them, did you see the goal? Shambolic stuff.

Without a cockup of that magnitude I don't think either team looked likely to find the back of the net.

2 hours ago, Satan said:

We did the job for them, did you see the goal? Shambolic stuff.

Without a cockup of that magnitude I don't think either team looked likely to find the back of the net.

Yes I was there .The goal was an absolute shocker .Mistakes  happen we can accept that  but that aside with that ref yesterday we could have played till the cows come home and we wouldn’t have got a decision in our favour .

• Agree 2

Seen recently that fouls on keepers given and not given is completely random, and that's with VAR, but historically keepers have tended to benefit from extra protection. 

Ref has to call it how he sees, and usually he has the best viewpoint.

• Agree 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Satan said:

Seen recently that fouls on keepers given and not given is completely random, and that's with VAR, but historically keepers have tended to benefit from extra protection. 

From what I saw at the time, the keeper missed the ball so dropped down. Stayed down a bit and ref went to see if ok. However in 2nd half White went down with head knock but ref took an age to stop game. 

Look I know refs have a hard job. They also makes mistakes. All you want is fairness? This didnt feel like it thats all. (To be clear I think ref was incompetent not a cheat). 

Edited by old caley girl
  • Agree 1

12 hours ago, RiG said:

Some of those decisions... 

Just watched the highlights. If it wasn’t for the comments of those there, I’d have felt it was quite an even game. 

It was a bad goal to concede and Ridgers had a couple of good saves, but we had a goal disallowed for very little, one effort off the bar and we could have had a penalty. 

One of those days possibly and we can reassert our place in second if we beat Alloa next week before we have a couple of weekends on cup duty. 

• Agree 1

Just watching the highlights and the free kick against White is ridiculous. That’s a goal all day.  Dorran should have had a penalty without doubt. Ayr looked pretty impressive and tbf the last win against them we lived pretty dangerously as well. 

• Agree 2

4 minutes ago, FrontRow said:

Just watching the highlights and the free kick against White is ridiculous. That’s a goal all day.  Dorran should have had a penalty without doubt. Ayr looked pretty impressive and tbf the last win against them we lived pretty dangerously as well. 

That's the way I seen it but it didn't happen.  We can bounce back and as Robert said above "we can reassert our place in second if we beat Alloa next week before we have a couple of weekends on cup duty". 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Robert said:

Just watched the highlights. If it wasn’t for the comments of those there, I’d have felt it was quite an even game. 

It was a bad goal to concede and Ridgers had a couple of good saves, but we had a goal disallowed for very little, one effort off the bar and we could have had a penalty. 

One of those days possibly and we can reassert our place in second if we beat Alloa next week before we have a couple of weekends on cup duty. 

I was there and thought it was a fairly even game too, Ayr had more chances but only scored through a defensive error, and had we been given the decisions that should have been given we would have won the game. Sometimes I wish Robbo would see that and offer encouragement to the players rather than constantly see everything as doom and gloom fo us and praise the opposition to the hilt.

Certainly if you listened to our managers comments Robert you would have come to the conclusion we were well beaten, Ayr United in their own highlights gave a better reflection on the game than Robbos comments imo.

6 hours ago, old caley girl said:

There was no reason for him to chalk off our "goal"  Just my opinion. 

Was talking to some Ayr fans at the game and they were as baffled as me why it had been ruled off.

Edited by Gregor

6 hours ago, Satan said:

Yesterday he got two decisions wrong that  had a major bearing on  the outcome of the game. So obviously he didnt have the best viewpoint.

Edited by Gregor

11 hours ago, Alan Simpson said:

Of course I wasn't there I'd have stood out in the crowd girl lol! Footballs a simple game put the ball in the net u win games regardless of how poor the ref is ! Our strikers couldn't score in a brothel been a problem for years thought we'd solved it by bringing back Miles right enough! Need a Simon Murray type where's he now?

We did put the ball in the net unfortunately the poor ref didnt allow it....so its maybe not as simple as you seem to think.

• Agree 1

• tm4tj unpinned this topic