Scotty

My second away game of the season up from London, with an overnight stay in Ayr (nice town) and the joy of the rail replacement minibus back to Paisley on the Sunday. I have to say that Ayr United's ground really is an utter dump, easily the worst I have been to up over the border, although the Bovril was good and I enjoyed the option to stand on the wee terrace below the seating second half. The crowd looked bigger than 1,602, and not just because the home fans switched ends at half time!

The highlights suggest a close game, although I felt Ayr had more chances, but we hit the bar, and quite why our goal was disallowed is beyond me...White at no time is looking at the goalie only at the ball, and I'm not convinced he even touches him. Also Doran was clearly pushed over in the penalty area, and then next time he gets a booking for going down, when you can see he catches the defender legs and is trying to regain his feet. Their goal was a bit of a bummer, at first I thought that McHattie was at fault but credit to the Ayr player who actually closes Charlie Trafford down very quickly. I thought McHattie had a decent game, as did McKay...strange how quickly our CB pairing has changed (presumably to make ends meet). For me our midfielders were the pick of the bunch, plus Walsh when he came on. Our forwards were very much powder-puff, Doran was quieter than expected, Storey didn't offer much apart from two/three decent crosses, I'm not sure what Keatings was doing and White looks like he is the Centre Forward because he's tall, because he seemed unable to anticipate where high balls were going nor jump at the right time (except for the disallowed goal), he's definitely better with his feet!

For me 2nd place is probably between us and Ayr, so this was a disappointing reverse, but I guess we can't win every match against them.

• Agree 2

20 hours ago, Alan Simpson said:

I like a scan thro the match reports pointless blaming the ref nothing to do with him if we can't score can't win not rocket science my man! Only a blip anyway Robbos a few tricks up his sleeve on the transfer front sort this out

No one was saying that we lost because of the ref just that he was rubbish and made some bizarre decisions. 

13 hours ago, Gregor said:

Yesterday he got two decisions wrong that  had a major bearing on  the outcome of the game. So obviously he didnt have the best viewpoint.

?

You can still have the best viewpoint, but make the wrong decision....

• Agree 2

13 hours ago, Eagle4Caley said:

My second away game of the season up from London, with an overnight stay in Ayr (nice town) and the joy of the rail replacement minibus back to Paisley on the Sunday. I have to say that Ayr United's ground really is an utter dump, easily the worst I have been to up over the border, although the Bovril was good and I enjoyed the option to stand on the wee terrace below the seating second half. The crowd looked bigger than 1,602, and not just because the home fans switched ends at half time!

The highlights suggest a close game, although I felt Ayr had more chances, but we hit the bar, and quite why our goal was disallowed is beyond me...White at no time is looking at the goalie only at the ball, and I'm not convinced he even touches him. Also Doran was clearly pushed over in the penalty area, and then next time he gets a booking for going down, when you can see he catches the defender legs and is trying to regain his feet. Their goal was a bit of a bummer, at first I thought that McHattie was at fault but credit to the Ayr player who actually closes Charlie Trafford down very quickly. I thought McHattie had a decent game, as did McKay...strange how quickly our CB pairing has changed (presumably to make ends meet). For me our midfielders were the pick of the bunch, plus Walsh when he came on. Our forwards were very much powder-puff, Doran was quieter than expected, Storey didn't offer much apart from two/three decent crosses, I'm not sure what Keatings was doing and White looks like he is the Centre Forward because he's tall, because he seemed unable to anticipate where high balls were going nor jump at the right time (except for the disallowed goal), he's definitely better with his feet!

For me 2nd place is probably between us and Ayr, so this was a disappointing reverse, but I guess we can't win every match against them.

Aw one mans dump is nostalgic for others. I love the old fashioned grounds rather than the soulless modern ones. 

14 hours ago, Eagle4Caley said:

quite why our goal was disallowed is beyond me...White at no time is looking at the goalie only at the ball, and I'm not convinced he even touches him. Also Doran was clearly pushed over in the penalty area, and then next time he gets a booking for going down, when you can see he catches the defender legs and is trying to regain his feet.

^^This ... a million times this! :clapoverhead:

Regarding the Ayr goal ... shambolic ... especially after all the stout defending before that ... pass elsewhere or at least give Trafford a shout. 

How the hell was that goal we scored ruled out. White never touched their goal keeper. Their keeper obviously realised he'd made a big mistake trying to punch the ball the went to ground holding his face like a sniper had taken him out. Surely we should ask the SFA to look into that as it's blatant cheating.

• Agree 2

14 minutes ago, MorayJaggie said:

How the hell was that goal we scored ruled out. White never touched their goal keeper. Their keeper obviously realised he'd made a big mistake trying to punch the ball the went to ground holding his face like a sniper had taken him out. Surely we should ask the SFA to look into that as it's blatant cheating.

goal.jpg

With regard to the disallowed goal, I think it is impossible to see from that camera angle.  Jordan certainly had  his arms up and out a bit but he had his eyes firmly on the ball.  It looked as though the keeper ran into him rather than Jordan making contact with the keeper, however, the telling thing for me was lack of reaction from the other ICT players.  None of them seemed to be looking to celebrate a goal or to show any dissent at the decision and they were in a good place to see.  Sad to say, the footage also shows other efforts Jordan had which were, frankly, woeful.  

Edited by DoofersDad

On looking at the highlights....

White jumps with elbows up/out for the disallowed goal and refs will penalise that all day long...whether we agree with it or not.

Doran definitely denied a penalty for the shove and it was neither a foul or simulation for the second incident.

7 hours ago, old caley girl said:

Aw one mans dump is nostalgic for others. I love the old fashioned grounds rather than the soulless modern ones. 

Well there's old fashioned in terms of layout and the joy of being able to stand, and there's derelict and downright shabby!  And my other club's ground Selhurst Park definitely sits under the 'Old fashioned' mantle and in parts is shabby, but Ayr takes it way down to a new level!

I had to laugh as underneath some stairs was a piece of exercise equipment (1 piece), I wondered if I had strayed into the Gym!

• Funny 1

• tm4tj unpinned this topic