Media Coverage

ff
AUDIO COVERAGE
LIVE TEXT (ONLINE)
VIDEO
TEAM LINEUPS
TO FOLLOW

Tweets by @ICTFC

temp 1.jpgBig incentive for both sides to put a bit more daylight between them and Dundee after the Pars beat Dundee 2-0 last night. Pars right on the heels of Dundee as well, albeit having played a game more.

I wonder if McCart will be played today after his move to Perth is now out in the open. Disappointing but such is life.

Let's see what life after Coll is like.

Well at least Robbo is making changes now, and not waiting until the last few minutes. 

BBC stats say that shots are 17-6 in favour of Ayr.  Though only 3 of that 17 have been on target!

And three on yellow cards now.  Would be stupid to get sent off and throw it away...

Edited by snorbens_caleyman

Why would the ref be giving thumbs up to the Directors box at Ayr at end of game today ?I would be interested to know the reason .....Also is it protocol for your manager to shake hands with opposite team and ignore his own .As happens invariably in our case .

• Agree 4

7 minutes ago, izzy said:

Why would the ref be giving thumbs up to the Directors box at Ayr at end of game today ?I would be interested to know the reason .....Also is it protocol for your manager to shake hands with opposite team and ignore his own .As happens invariably in our case .

It was like he was sticking two fingers up to the boos? Ive never seen a ref laugh and give the thumbs up in that way before? I suspect it was a wave to a friend but totally inappropriate imho 

Ref was an absolute disgrace today and I"m absolutely convinced there was no foul on keeper from Jordan.  Doran hauled down in a very promising position and not even a foul. Moments later we gift them the softest of goals.  That being said I don't think we can complain about the result. Ayr were the better team on the day - which is a worry.

I think whilst we were on the end of some pretty debatable calls from the referee, Ayr were the better team throughout the 90 minutes and deserved the win. Kerr seemed to set Ayr up a bit more defensively than previous match ups and they let us carry the ball forward with little pressure but we were swarmed as we entered the Ayr half and forced to thread balls through a well organised Ayr midfield and defence (which we couldn't do) or try and dink a ball up to White and later Todorov (which we also couldn't do).

When Ayr seized the ball they broke with real pace and direction quickly feeding the ball wide to Forrest or Moffat on the flanks or looking to play a pass in behind the ICT centre backs and a lot of their good chances game from this. Only a triple block / save combination from McHattie and Ridgers stopped Ayr opening the scoring in the first half which saw wave after wave of attacks threaten the ICT rearguard. Fortunately we held them off and had the ball in the net when Keatings lifted a free kick in for White who beat Doohan to the ball and flicked it in but the referee gave a free kick for a foul by White. Seemed pretty soft but it would have been hard on Ayr had we gone ahead (though thoroughly pleasing obviously).

Second half and there seemed to be a strong claim for a penalty when Doran broke into the box and looked like he was pushed in the back sending him to the ground but the referee waved play on. Not long after this Ayr scored. I didn't see what happened but after I had stopped admiring my new trainers I looked up to see Trafford on his arse and Kelly seizing on a loose ball, heading for goal before calmly slotting past Ridgers. No more than Ayr deserved in fairness but frustrating nonetheless from an ICT point of view.

Ayr had more chances after this to extend their lead before Doran went down under another challenge however this time he got straight back up to chase the ball before Aitken blew for a foul and cautioned Doran for diving which seemed a bit odd given he didn't seem to be looking for anything. We went with 2 strikers for the final few minutes with Todorov coming on to partner White but we didn't really create anything of note until the final kick of the game when Ayr threw bodies to block a couple of ICT efforts from close range  (these might even have been our only shots on target...).

Bizarre to see us end the game with a couple of big lads up front and our two best crossers of the ball on the wings yet we persevered with little dinked balls up towards White and Todorov which almost never found them. Any ICT fan not bothered about losing Donaldson AND McCart should be worried after today's defensive showing. Whilst McHattie was solid enough Mckay with the ball at his feet was an absolute bombscare. Vincent was decent for us, possibly closest to ICT MotM. Kerr and Moffat looked good for Ayr and Drinan really gave Mckay and McHattie a torrid time. 

We have a real battle on to maintain second spot which could be huge come the end of the season...

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, RiG said:

I think whilst we were on the end of some pretty debatable calls from the referee, Ayr were the better team throughout the 90 minutes and deserved the win. Kerr seemed to set Ayr up a bit more defensively than previous match ups and they let us carry the ball forward with little pressure but we were swarmed as we entered the Ayr half and forced to thread balls through a well organised Ayr midfield and defence (which we couldn't do) or try and dink a ball up to White and later Todorov (which we also couldn't do).

When Ayr seized the ball they broke with real pace and direction quickly feeding the ball wide to Forrest or Moffat on the flanks or looking to play a pass in behind the ICT centre backs and a lot of their good chances game from this. Only a triple block / save combination from McHattie and Ridgers stopped Ayr opening the scoring in the first half which saw wave after wave of attacks threaten the ICT rearguard. Fortunately we held them off and had the ball in the net when Keatings lifted a free kick in for White who beat Doohan to the ball and flicked it in but the referee gave a free kick for a foul by White. Seemed pretty soft but it would have been hard on Ayr had we gone ahead (though thoroughly pleasing obviously).

Second half and there seemed to be a strong claim for a penalty when Doran broke into the box and looked like he was pushed in the back sending him to the ground but the referee waved play on. Not long after this Ayr scored. I didn't see what happened but after I had stopped admiring my new trainers I looked up to see Trafford on his arse and Kelly seizing on a loose ball, heading for goal before calmly slotting past Ridgers. No more than Ayr deserved in fairness but frustrating nonetheless from an ICT point of view.

Ayr had more chances after this to extend their lead before Doran went down under another challenge however this time he got straight back up to chase the ball before Aitken blew for a foul and cautioned Doran for diving which seemed a bit odd given he didn't seem to be looking for anything. We went with 2 strikers for the final few minutes with Todorov coming on to partner White but we didn't really create anything of note until the final kick of the game when Ayr threw bodies to block a couple of ICT efforts from close range  (these might even have been our only shots on target...).

Bizarre to see us end the game with a couple of big lads up front and our two best crossers of the ball on the wings yet we persevered with little dinked balls up towards White and Todorov which almost never found them. Any ICT fan not bothered about losing Donaldson AND McCart should be worried after today's defensive showing. Whilst McHattie was solid enough Mckay with the ball at his feet was an absolute bombscare. Vincent was decent for us, possibly closest to ICT MotM. Kerr and Moffat looked good for Ayr and Drinan really gave Mckay and McHattie a torrid time. 

We have a real battle on to maintain second spot which could be huge come the end of the season...

Spot on! 

25 minutes ago, old caley girl said:

Spot on! 

35 minutes ago, RiG said:

Until we gather a bit of consistency, it is always going to be a struggle. A few weeks ago, it looked as if we were virtually nailed on for second spot, but now it's not looking so positive. The team must start winning more matches and gain a bit of momentum which would stand us in good stead in the play offs.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, old caley girl said:

It was like he was sticking two fingers up to the boos? Ive never seen a ref laugh and give the thumbs up in that way before? I suspect it was a wave to a friend but totally inappropriate imho 

If he was reacting to boos, then why thumbs up to the Ayr directors box?  A reaction to boos would normally be towards the fans doing the booing.   No excuses - that referee should forfeit his payment for his performance today - so biased and inconsistent, it was laughable.   Looking forward to seeing the points awarded for MOM and ref!!  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• tm4tj unpinned this topic