Scotty

3 hours ago, caley100 said:

So Jord the Donkey saves a point then fecks up at the end..

Well done to Jordan for the goal ... but somebody seriously needs to have a word in his shell-like about jumping high and heading down.  Never seen a striker like him for that clearance header nonsense. 

Edited by cif73

There's no way we had 23 shots at goal, unless I missed about 15 of them. 

A disappointing day yet again when we had the chance to pull away / gain ground.

Woeful first half but a soft penalty for their goal imo. We were much more positive once the subs came on second half. Can't really complain about the result though. Ref was pish and wildly inconsistent. Crowd was dire. Huge que at the 1 pie stall, which had shock horror run out of the pies my daughters and I wanted. 

All in all a very ICT day. 

Didn't think the Alloa penalty was as soft as some made out. My initial reaction was penalty at the game. And it was probably no more than Alloa deserved. They created the better chances and again played some really good football. Our defence continues to look creaky in the absence of McCart and Donaldson.

White had one of his classic games where he scored but also passed up easy chances to secure what would have been a big win for us. How he missed the header from about 4 cm out at the end I'll never know but he should great strength to hold off his marker before turning in the equaliser.

Walsh sent in some decent crosses during the game and having him back is a boost and Welsh was typically composed in the middle when he came on. I'd like to see him team with Carson in the coming weeks. Vincent and Trafford weren't great.

Ridgers made some good saves especially at the end as Alloa threatened to nick a win. They probably had the better chances in the second half in fairness.

• Agree 1

Difficult to call the penalty. At the game I was certain it was a penalty, now I'm not so sure. Ref was pointing at someone, can't quite see if it's Rooney or Mckay.

Goals footage in the report.

Be careful what you wish for...............

:nanananana:

From the BBC

Two minutes later, Chris Burke smelt blood. The 36-year-old burst into the box, and Coll Donaldson clumsily brought him down. It was not the heaviest of challenges, but the contact was sufficient enough for Collum to point to the spot. Brophy held his nerve and dispatched the penalty straight down the middle.

Result not too shabby considering we went a goal down and the defence we now have I suppose.

What concerns me more was the atmosphere never can I remember it being so flat.

Maybe we could get Peat and Diesel to give us a tune at half time that would liven things up

Dougal

There has literally been about 4 chants of support this campaign for the team. It's been dreadful from the first game of the season. 

Despite their previous transgressions we need the YT back and fans of similar age to get behind the side. All well and good trying to attract families but those fans typically don't get behind the team. 

Maybe a word could be had with Motherwell and see how they work with their YT with its own dedicated section of the stand? 

Edited by RiG
  • Agree 3

3 minutes ago, RiG said:

There has literally been about 4 chants of support this season for the team. It's been dreadful from the first game of the season. 

Despite their previous transgressions we need the YT back and fans of similar age to get behind the side. All well and good trying to attract families but those fans typically don't get behind the side. 

Maybe a word could be had with Motherwell and see how they handle their YT with its own dedicated section of the stand? 

Dunno what's happened to all the young (mid to late teens, early twenties) fans. See a few about but very little now. 

Mind you same could be said of all the demographics. 

Dire match day experience dire on field footy. Overall dire going to the stadium why do folk expect the crowd to get larger. Transfer window a joke. Manager who persists playing a striker who cant score. Players leaving in droves. Club will not survive the summer transfer window. Senior players will leave. Part time football beckons.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, MorayJaggie said:

Dire match day experience dire on field footy. Overall dire going to the stadium why do folk expect the crowd to get larger. Transfer window a joke. Manager who persists playing a striker who cant score. Players leaving in droves. Club will not survive the summer transfer window. Senior players will leave. Part time football beckons.

Agree (although have not been to that many games since leaving Inverness).

ICT used to be a good team to watch and were was always in with a shout of scoring / getting one over on any team, No longer seems to be the case (given my experience over the last 4/5 years). Maybe that is a commentary on Scottish football in general. A lack of creativity seems to be the main problem.

Frustrating we can't seem to take advantage when teams around us drop points. Essential we finish second and hope Hearts don't finish 11th in the premiership!

24 minutes ago, MorayJaggie said:

That's possibly the most depressingly accurate summary of the club I've read 

7 hours ago, tm4tj said:

Difficult to call the penalty. At the game I was certain it was a penalty, now I'm not so sure. Ref was pointing at someone, can't quite see if it's Rooney or Mckay.

Goals footage in the report.

I think Clancy gave it for a shirt pull by Brad McKay. He seemed to be indicating that when Rooney was complaining. It certainly looks like he tried to grab the player, but I’m not sure that it had any effect. The stupid thing is that there was no need for Mckay to do that. 

Edited by HawkeyeTheGnu

5 hours ago, MorayJaggie said:

Or  get promoted . Sorted !

1 hour ago, GoliathGrunt said:

Or  get promoted . Sorted !

Watch out that’s far too positive for the doom and gloom merchants on here mate.

I like your style though and agree with you , Alloa are the form team in the division and I thought we were by far the better team on the day. It was a far more even contest at their ground a few weeks back imo.

Big Jordan should have scored the header in the dying minute of the game but he also scored a very good goal too.

I thought at times we played some good football and the effort of the players was never in any doubt even Rooney who has signed a PCA can’t be faulted in that dept.

Pity the same can’t be said about the fans effort , certainly we don’t believe in the 12th man theory up in Inverness.

• Facepalm 1

20 hours ago, Gregor said:

Pity the same can’t be said about the fans effort , certainly we don’t believe in the 12th man theory up in Inverness

I mean, we did have a decent atmosphere, but stewarding (NO FEET ON THE SEATS!!!) and who knows what else, has driven a fair amount away...

20 hours ago, Gregor said:

I thought at times we played some good football and the effort of the players was never in any doubt even Rooney who has signed a PCA can’t be faulted in that dept.

Pity the same can’t be said about the fans effort , certainly we don’t believe in the 12th man theory up in Inverness.

Couldn't agree more. Contrary to many on here I thought it was quite an entertaining game. A bit frustrating in the end though, as despite our dominance, couldn't get that winning goal. At times it was like shooting practice for ICT. Take note though: plenty more shooting practice required!

Still second in the league. No a bad team, all things considered!

20 minutes ago, buckett said:

Couldn't agree more. Contrary to many on here I thought it was quite an entertaining game. A bit frustrating in the end though, as despite our dominance, couldn't get that winning goal. At times it was like shooting practice for ICT. Take note though: plenty more shooting practice required!

Still second in the league. No a bad team, all things considered!

Your right on that last point, we're not a bad team.... And given the right coaching and tactics I think we could be putting 3 or 4 past most opponents week in week out. The problem I feel lies in the style of play especially in attack around the box, where we simply have no idea how to penetrate the opposition defence. I appreciate Alloa sat in a fair bit on Saturday but we never attack ANY team with the same level of pace that any other team seem to inflict on us, that was most evident a few times when the ball was knocked into Vincent in the middle of the box just outside the 25 yard area and rather than play it in or run towards goal or even take a shot he played it back towards Trafford who then passed it sideways and this went on for a good few minutes before it fizzled out due to Alloa having all 10 men in the box. The lack of urgency that we counter attack at is alarming, and a big factor as to why we simply cannot score from a attack through the centre of the park, any goals we do score are either a set piece or crossed in from the flanks and a touch of luck 

• Agree 3

• tm4tj unpinned this topic