Scotty

A very good display by the team in poor conditions. First half against the wind was always going to be backs to the wall but we handled the conditions well, we’re not too troubled and made a good game of it. 

Second half we used the conditions to our benefit and did really well. Welsh scored direct from a free kick into the bottom corner while half the crowd were watching Storey run to the touch line to change his boots! 

We then did well to close the game out. 

Yes there were some loose balls in poor conditions but we were more than a match for Livingston.  

Ridgers and the defence coped well. Carson was the pick of the midfield, making a right nuisance of himself, whilst Welsh just brings calmness and control. 

White had a good game up front whilst I cannot fault any of the guys. 

A good job well done. Just a shame only 1512 there to enjoy it  

Roll on the draw for the last 8. 

Edited by Robert
  • Agree 5

Bit of a throwback to clashes from the second division days, plenty passion & effort from all. Thought we did well to limit them in the First half - they didn't use the wind advantage at all. 

Not pretty at times but definitely kept the cold st bay for a change.

1 hour ago, CaleyD said:

Entirely deserving of our win and on another day Livingston might have been on the end of a hiding.  Livi were very physical and it was great to see us keep our heads and just keep playing football.

Did the nearside linesman get a single throw-in decision correct?

Doug Ross is the most clueless b'stard to walk a football pitch.    Well done ICT for beating Livvy.  Conditions were horrific, but the best team won. ??????

• Agree 3
  • Funny 1

6 minutes ago, caley100 said:

Doug Ross is the most clueless b'stard to walk a football pitch.    Well done ICT for beating Livvy.  Conditions were horrific, but the best team won. ??????

Sadly, it's not just the football pitch where he is clueless and not at the football where he does most harm

• Agree 6

4 minutes ago, cif73 said:

Indeed ... fairly sure we got larger crowds than that for Scottish Cup days when we were in League 1/2. Sad.

I wonder if the strange pricing arrangements didnt help? Given the weather forecast maybe folk reluctant to buy in case game called off and folk couldnt make replay? 

Or maybe just sign of general apathy sadly. 

3 hours ago, CaleyD said:

Entirely deserving of our win and on another day Livingston might have been on the end of a hiding.  Livi were very physical and it was great to see us keep our heads and just keep playing football.

Did the nearside linesman get a single throw-in decision correct?

Do you mean our junior Secretary of state for Scotland, he who gets nothing right in this hobby of his . Day job too

9 minutes ago, TheMantis said:

ICT and the Scottish Cup ?❤️ ?❤️ ?❤️ I make that 12 Quarter Finals. 

Outside the ugly sisters, in percentage terms that must match most teams. Says a lot for what we’ve achieved in our short existence. 

Barring a miracle by BSC Glasgow or Clyde, we will be the only non top flight team in the last 8. 

I must admit, whilst our finances are not good, I’m hoping for a winnable home draw and, perhaps, another trip to Hampden. 

Edited by Robert
  • Agree 1

Swear Robbo has some magic powers when it comes to the Scottish Cup. Back to back Semis in 2003 and 2004. And again in 2019 and (here's hoping I don't jinx it) 2020. He's been with the club over 4 and a bit seasons, and has shown he's one of the most consistent of the lot. 

Pele only managed the Quarters in 1 of 7 Seasons.

Charlie did it in his one and only season.

Terry managed the Quarters in 2 of 5.

Yogi is the only one who's managed to do a clean sweep with 3 Quarter Finals in 3 seasons.

Sergei, Brewster and Foran never have.

Robbo definitely knows his way around in the cup...

• Agree 1

What a result! Thought it was pretty even throughout the whole game with both teams having to clear of the line. The wind played a huge part and It played to our advantage in the 2nd half most notably the failed clearance that led to to our goal.

It was a tough gritty performance from the team & it proved that not only can we win ugly but we can do it against top sides. 

Trafford Carson & Welsh were great in the midfield big standout in the team for me.  

Edited by Super Caley Man 94
  • Agree 2

• tm4tj unpinned this topic