Scotty

Let no one underestimate how well the team played and how determined they were as a group to progress. What chance we draw Rangers at home, lose to their Colts next Sunday and create another bit of history against their first team? Certainly a home draw at about 16.00 hours today will at least give us a better chance of making the Semi's again although Celtic at home would not be my first choice. I would like Ross County.....hang on a fricking minute........... 

• Funny 2

19 minutes ago, Gregor said:

Must be Livi cameraman highlights cos its mostly Livi on this and not usual quality highlights that we are used to.

The Livi symbol in the top left should give you a clue as to who did the highlights :wink:

As others have already said the midfield trio of Welsh, Carson and Trafford were excellent. Slightly disappointed in Storey and Walsh as, in the first half, we seemed to get real joy out of attacking Livi down the flanks, particularly the right side, and it was a shame we didn't try and take advantage of their apparent lack of midfield cover for the fullback.

Although Livi had more of the ball I think we had the better chances overall. Ridgers didn't have much to do until late in the game when Livi flashed a shot straight at him. Defensively I think we were pretty comfortable. Tremarco had a good game and Rooney started well but was less involved in the second half.

Good away support in both numbers and voice. Fair play to them. Good to see Douglas Ross still as effective a linesman as he is a politician.

Well deserved win as others have said. I was really surprised at how one dimensional Livingston were, there only tactics appeared to be to put the ball into the box and try and score like that. The football that was played was all by us in quite horrendous conditions.

Quite common to have a poor referee but all 3 officials were incredibly poor today. From linesmen who couldn't get throw ins correct, or offsides on occasions and then waving only for fouls for Livingston to a ref who was happy to see fouls committed by us then turn a blind eye to similar ones committed by Livingston was very very poor. That he is allegedly one of our top referees beggars belief.

• Agree 2

12 hours ago, Jack Waddington said:

Swear Robbo has some magic powers when it comes to the Scottish Cup. Back to back Semis in 2003 and 2004. And again in 2019 and (here's hoping I don't jinx it) 2020. He's been with the club over 4 and a bit seasons, and has shown he's one of the most consistent of the lot. 

Pele only managed the Quarters in 1 of 7 Seasons.

Charlie did it in his one and only season.

Terry managed the Quarters in 2 of 5.

Yogi is the only one who's managed to do a clean sweep with 3 Quarter Finals in 3 seasons.

Sergei, Brewster and Foran never have.

Robbo definitely knows his way around in the cup...

Another stat showing Yogi as by far and away our best ever manager! Robbos no bad in the cup but need him to do something in the league cup runs are fine and dandy but do t wanna be seen as plucky underdogs wanna be top dogs again in the big league!

• Agree 4
  • Disagree 2
  • Facepalm 1

Hughes managed the team when we were in the top tier during his entire tenure so he was always about 1 or 2 wins away from reaching the Quarter Finals most seasons compared to Paterson who had no negotiate many more games to reach the same round.

• Agree 4

9 minutes ago, RiG said:

Hughes managed the team when we were in the top tier during his entire tenure so he was always about 1 or 2 wins away from reaching the Quarter Finals most seasons compared to Paterson who had no negotiate many more games to reach the same round.

Paterson also got us to the last eight as a tier 4 club in his first season, where we were unlucky to come up against Rangers with Gazza and Laudrup. This was after beating Livi plus higher league teams East Fife, featuring Steve Archibald,  and Stenny.

27 minutes ago, RiG said:

Imagine Hughes having the audacity to keep us in the SPL what a scoundrel! Pattersons squads were always good to watch he was the man who put us on the map your right he did have a tougher route than Yogi! 

3 hours ago, CELTIC1CALEY3 said:

Let no one underestimate how well the team played and how determined they were as a group to progress. What chance we draw Rangers at home, lose to their Colts next Sunday and create another bit of history against their first team? Certainly a home draw at about 16.00 hours today will at least give us a better chance of making the Semi's again although Celtic at home would not be my first choice. I would like Ross County.....hang on a fricking minute........... 

Zero chance my man stay of the acid!

• Funny 2

1 hour ago, Alan Simpson said:

Another stat showing Yogi as by far and away our best ever manager! Robbos no bad in the cup but need him to do something in the league cup runs are fine and dandy but do t wanna be seen as plucky underdogs wanna be top dogs again in the big league!

Yogi may have presided over the Cup triumph but was also responsible for the start of our long decline and then went on to get Raith Rovers relegated from which they are only starting to recover.

His ability as a manager is such that nobody has been prepared to touch him since.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 3
  • Funny 1
  • Sad 2
  • Facepalm 1

I have to say, I rather enjoyed the game.  The wind was a major factor and it was quite amusing seeing how completely inept Livi were in coping with it.  They never seemed to quite understand that a 40mph wind would blow the ball off course.  I think it was 3 times their keeper kicked the ball straight out for a throw in.  Remarkably, Douglas Ross actually awarded the throw in to us on each occasion!  

We certainly coped with the conditions better but it was the commitment of the entire team which so impressed.  Livi were chased and harried when they got the ball, and as a result were rarely able to impose themselves on the game.  Nobody had a poor game but Welsh, Carson and Trafford were all excellent in midfield.  Also a mention to Mckay and McHattie who did a great job in central defence following the departure of the established 1st choice pairing.  We have these excellent team performances from time to time and one just wishes that this level of commitment was shown on a more regular basis.

A very disappointing crowd but great to see some of the young lads back and making a bit of very welcome noise!

• Agree 5

1 hour ago, DoofersDad said:

I have to say, I rather enjoyed the game.  The wind was a major factor and it was quite amusing seeing how completely inept Livi were in coping with it.  They never seemed to quite understand that a 40mph wind would blow the ball off course.  I think it was 3 times their keeper kicked the ball straight out for a throw in.  Remarkably, Douglas Ross actually awarded the throw in to us on each occasion!  

We certainly coped with the conditions better but it was the commitment of the entire team which so impressed.  Livi were chased and harried when they got the ball, and as a result were rarely able to impose themselves on the game.  Nobody had a poor game but Welsh, Carson and Trafford were all excellent in midfield.  Also a mention to Mckay and McHattie who did a great job in central defence following the departure of the established 1st choice pairing.  We have these excellent team performances from time to time and one just wishes that this level of commitment was shown on a more regular basis.

A very disappointing crowd but great to see some of the young lads back and making a bit of very welcome noise!

Think the commitment is always there, just not appreciated by the crowd as they think we should be beating the likes of Alloa and Arbroath.

But when we play a team from a higher division then the expectation levels are not as high from the fans re the result.

The result always clouds the judgement of most fans  and can lead to judgments on the commitment of the players.

Edited by Gregor
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Kingsmills said:

Yogi may have presided over the Cup triumph but was also responsible for the start of our long decline and then went on to get Raith Rovers relegated from which they are only starting to recover.

His ability as a manager is such that nobody has been prepared to touch him since.

Haha are u on drugs my man the decline was absolutely nothing to do with Yogi all to do with the board and there insane appointment and cheapskate ways Yogi left us a solid SPL side despite having an injury ravaged season the core of the cup winning squad leave on frees and almost no budget to replace them Raith were almost doomed before he came! The board stuck by Foran despite him loosing the dressing room and then the following board appointed Robbo decent manager but come on hadn't managed in near a decade had no relevant contacts didn't no what players were available no contacts for decent loan players and to top it of didn't even apply that resulted in us spending most of the season in the relegation zone when really we should've been winning that league with a manager who knew the lay of the land I reckon we would've wer Caley not Alloa the eternal underdogs

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

41 minutes ago, Gregor said:

Think the commitment is always there, just not appreciated by the crowd as they think we should be beating the likes of Alloa and Arbroath.

But when we play a team from a higher division then the expectation levels are not as high from the fans re the result.

The result always clouds the judgement of most fans  and can lead to judgments on the commitment of the players.

We should be beating likes of Alloa and Arbroath my man that's why 

• Agree 2
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, Gregor said:

Alloa were the form team in the league when when we played them.

You just proves my point.

Expectation levels of fans ?

I see us and Dundee Utd as the big dogs in the league my man no point following a team if u don't expect them to win most games I'm old school highland league fan I'm used to success lol 

• Funny 2
  • Facepalm 1

When you think about some of our fans they remind me of Charlton under Curbishly had a style much the same as yogis possession football finished every season top 10 in the prem sections of the fans turned on him got bagged didn't realise till it was to late the impact he'd had on the club before u no it they've lost there style and identity plummet down the divisions playing route 1 football ! Definitely similiar to what's happened wit her us since Yogi left he was a huge presence around our club 

• Agree 3
  • Funny 1

• tm4tj unpinned this topic