Scotty

55 minutes ago, Jack Waddington said:

Away to Hibs

I would fancy us against them at home. Playing away will be tough and we’ve an away league game that midweek too. 

A repeat of yesterday would do nicely!

Edited by Robert
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, cif73 said:

^ THIS! 

35 years ago today Inverness Thistle beat Kilmarnock 3-0 in the Scottish Cup at Kingsmills. There were 2500 in attendance that day ... compared to less than 2000 for Livingston yesterday. Disappointing. Unfathomable. The heights of recent years almost seem a rod for the backs of the current team where the disappointment of relegation has led to apathy and disillusionment. Invernessians have forgotten where we've come from ... where the excitement of any "big" (I.e. league) league team to Kingsmills or Telford Street would draw a larger crowd than any crowd that ICT has had at home this season. 

Edited by cif73
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

34 minutes ago, Alan Simpson said:

Reckon we'll beat Hibs they're no great shakes defo gonna stick a £10 on an away win the hibs defence is leakiest than ours tho flip side there strikers are on a different level to ours but going for a 1-0 win

Yup that makes sense ?

• Funny 1

1 hour ago, Alan Simpson said:

Reckon we'll beat Hibs they're no great shakes defo gonna stick a £10 on an away win the hibs defence is leakiest than ours tho flip side there strikers are on a different level to ours but going for a 1-0 win

I think on their day...Doran, Walsh and yes, even Storey are capable of scoring goals from around the box

• Agree 1

Great result.  Officials really sh1te but does that come as a surprise anymore?  We do seem to have an awful lot of decisions going against us without wishing to sound like old firm whatabouttery.....  And possibly the coldest I've been at the stadium and that's saying something.  Easter Road here we come.

• Agree 1

On 2/9/2020 at 9:58 PM, cif73 said:

35 years ago today Inverness Thistle beat Kilmarnock 3-0 in the Scottish Cup at Kingsmills. There were 2500 in attendance that day ... compared to less than 2000 for Livingston yesterday. Disappointing. Unfathomable. The heights of recent years almost seem a rod for the backs of the current team where the disappointment of relegation has led to apathy and disillusionment. Invernessians have forgotten where we've come from ... where the excitement of any "big" (I.e. league) league team to Kingsmills or Telford Street would draw a larger crowd than any crowd that ICT has had at home this season. 

The city is full of glory hunters & people still bitter about the merger. As Terry Butcher said Inverness doesn't deserve a team like ICT. It's amazing the success we have achieved during our 25 years as a club. But does Inverness care? 

If it ain't the glory hunting Old Firm fans with their TV subscriptions or people still crying about a merger of two Highland League clubs that happened 25 years ago people just don't want to give ICT any respect. Baffles my brain what would fans rather have? Still going on away trips to Forres Mechanics? or away to teams like Hibs in the Scottish Cup playing in the top leagues of Scottish football. As much as I like the Highland League there is no doubt that playing in the Premiership or the Championship is miles better. 

ICT have done the Highlands proud it's about time we get the respect & appreciation we deserve. We should be getting four to five thousand fans with the population we have not to forget the surrounding areas. Imagine if ICT & even County were nearly selling out their grounds it would be amazing. You can only dream eh? 

Edited by Super Caley Man 94
  • Like 1
  • Agree 9

Aye Super Caley Man, it's always something I've struggled to comprehend. Back then I had thought the city would rally behind the new team but the bitterness went far deeper and lasted a lot longer than I ever imagined. Being so faraway and without the great benefit of the wider internet exposure and social media back in 93/94 I didn't fully appreciate all the rancour that was flying about. But now that we're heading towards three decades on, and given the astonishing success and adventures we've had along the way, I now can't comprehend the apathy that obviously still exists. 

The poor attendances completely baffle me - it doesn't matter how well or poorly your team are doing, it's your team so you turn up to give your support if you can. it's the lot of the football supporter to go through the successes and failures of your team together. You can never really appreciate the joys of success without having experienced the depths and despair of failure - for that reason I pity the OF fans.

• Like 2
  • Agree 3

Indeed. I feels like at times that football supporters, even ICT supporters in Inverness look for an excuse not to go to games. Although at times I will admit the club hasn't always helped itself. 

Don't think the low attendances are much of a mystery - there's an SPL team playing about 15 miles away, representing a similar locality to ICT.

We're playing teams like Alloa and Arbroath and they're playing Rangers and Celtic.

A lot of floating support in the Highlands and it's pretty obvious where they'll attach themselves!

I must admit I didn't share the joy of many on this forum when County were promoted to the SPL all these years ago, believing it would eventually be to our detriment!

• Agree 2

Hate to say it, but we're in a rut. We're never going to actually get a decent attendance. Main factor being, our time in the Premiership, we were never really consistent. We were just bouncing around in the bottom six with a few peeks into the top half. We go on a long run like we did in 2014-15, there will be fans, bums on seats, barely room to breathe, but then one tumble the next season, they scatter.

I keep repeating myself til I'm blue in the face, and most likely boring you of how often I say it, push for the top half of the table. Faltering results by established teams like Hearts gives us an opportunity, we can fight, we're not a one time show, we NEED to grasp it while we can.

• Agree 1

• tm4tj unpinned this topic