Quarter finals

ictchris

RIG's logic is very good.

As a reminder, last year the games were on Saturday, Sunday (2) (we had the 3.30 slot) and Monday.

Premier Sports may well take Hearts v Rangers on Saturday. It would make sense for St Johnstone v Celtic to be on Sunday at 12.30 and for our game again at 3.30 Sunday. With the other Semi Final at Motherwell or St Mirren so the organisers would hope Kilmarnock get through for which for them would be a local derby at either. If Aberdeen got through, they would be livid at a Monday night slot. 

If we get say a 7.45 evening kick off the organisers will assume 14,000 Hibees and 500 at most ICT supporters. I can now therefore see Friday night as an option but as CaleyD says 'TV companies will dictate'. Waiting until Thursday morning next week to confirm the arrangements would be pretty late. Last year we had details on the 14th February 2019 and our game was on the 3rd March. Must be a good chance of an announcement later today.

We are not TV companies but just fans so do not be surprised if we get a poor slot.

1 hour ago, CaleyD said:

When games are may well depend on which broadcaster gets which game....and they may be waiting until the replays before making those decisions.

Permier Sports will take both games involving the Old Firm teams surely?

Friday night!  Well, there's a surprise!  It's annoying, but RiG's analysis suggests there may not have been too many options on this one.  With it being shown live on BBC, I can't see many travelling down from the Highlands on a Friday night for this.  But I'm sure those that do go will, as usual,  make it sound as though there are a lot more ICT fans there than there actually are.  At this stage in the competition the team will need all the help they can get.

Friday evening could not be worse for me.  I really wanted to come up for this game but I have a function on the Friday night I can't get out of now.  I'd even tentatively earmarked suitable flights for both the Sat and Sun thinking that it would be on either of these dates.  Won't even be able to watch it on TV now.  

2 hours ago, RiG said:

Permier Sports will take both games involving the Old Firm teams surely?

I hadn't realised Premiers Sports had 2 games...so yeah, that would have made it easy picks for them.

I'm in Edinburgh on the Sunday for starting new job on the Monday so Saturday I would have stayed over and Sunday I would have been there anyway.  Down, up and back down again isn't appealing and a £22 ticket price makes the decision all the easier....oh well ?‍♂️

On 2/13/2020 at 6:17 AM, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

As we sang our version of the Fields of Athenry ?

Come here the noise of Sneckie Boys,

As once more we took the mighty Celtic on,

Hart flew down the wing,

A Wyness goal was a shure thing

And the Caley went ballistic once again.

:drinking01::drinking05::drinking06:

The other version was .....

Low lie the fields of Longman Drive

Where once I heard a young man cry

Through the wind and the drizzle

We will follow Caley Thistle

At the fortress on the fields of Longman drive 

Yup, fecked over by the SFA and BBC yet again!! Guaranteed low turn out from away support and I'm not even able watch it live on tv due a long standing commitment to another event that night.

Edited by Row S

So that's what. Leaving town at approx 3, 3 (extra half hour including Broxden) hrs down. Kick Off at 7:45, full time should be around 9:30 another 3 (another half hour at Perth) hours back, and arrive back at around 1:10. Quite possibly later due to additional stops en route and, likely, driver shift changes...

Really hasn't been thought through for the fans, has it...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jack Waddington said:

Really hasn't been thought through for the fans, has it...

Never is Jack. It's always the fans that are inconvenienced in today's game. 

We were always going to be on a hiding to nothing as soon as we were drawn out of the hat for an away tie. No chance on this Earth that any k.o time other that 3 pm on a Sat would suit all. TV rights and money take preference over any hardy fan. Bums on seats do not feature at all in any SFL/SFA remit.

Needless to say a Fri 1945 k.o time is no good to me.

And people ask me why I've lost my football mojo.  

• Agree 1

Just ****. Finally managed to shake off other commitments to allow my return to football and I cant make this. In negotiations with my neice over whether I can go to match and then somehow get to Glasgow for her 21st........albeit a bit late. Delicate talks in progress

20 hours ago, CaleyD said:

I hadn't realised Premiers Sports had 2 games...so yeah, that would have made it easy picks for them.

I'm in Edinburgh on the Sunday for starting new job on the Monday so Saturday I would have stayed over and Sunday I would have been there anyway.  Down, up and back down again isn't appealing and a £22 ticket price makes the decision all the easier....oh well

Just to clarify my position here...

I'm actually a huge advocate for Friday Night Football and would switch all Scottish football to a Friday night (why is a discussion for elsewhere)....it's just that this particular date is not appealing for me.

5 hours ago, CaleyD said:

Just to clarify my position here...

I'm actually a huge advocate for Friday Night Football and would switch all Scottish football to a Friday night (why is a discussion for elsewhere)....it's just that this particular date is not appealing for me.

People just like to moan at change though don’t they.