Caramel Wafer Cup Semi Final

Robert

Raith Rovers have won 2-1 away at Partick Thistle so will be our opponents if we win on Sunday. 

Must admit I’m glad Partick are out given our record against them this season. 

Edited by Robert
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Moogthurso said:

Its so important young players playing competitive football in championship progress better than kids held in reserve at a big club for the first 5 years of their career. 

I could understand/agree with that sentiment if they were playing Alloa or Raith, but us...? We're not exactly known for flooding our team with youth.

...and then there is our unofficial Colts team to the south west...

They beat a very good Solihull Moors side (albeit on pens) after coming from 2 goals down...away from home. I really hope the guys approach this with eyes wide open and go for it. Don't think I could stand it if we lost to 'them' regardless as to what team they decide put out against us.

4 hours ago, Gringo said:

They beat a very good Solihull Moors side (albeit on pens) after coming from 2 goals down...away from home. I really hope the guys approach this with eyes wide open and go for it. Don't think I could stand it if we lost to 'them' regardless as to what team they decide put out against us.

I agree entirely. 

What are the rules for Colts teams?  Can they field a limited number of over 21s? As their league game is off today, could that mean we face a tougher team tomorrow?

No inspection planned according to the club’s Twitter feed. 

Doran and Toshney trained yesterday so may be available. I didn’t know Toshney had been injured. 

Edited by Robert
Heard the Rangers - Livingston game may be rescheduled for tomorrow.

4 hours ago, Robert said:

I agree entirely. 

What are the rules for Colts teams?  Can they field a limited number of over 21s? As their league game is off today, could that mean we face a tougher team tomorrow?

No inspection planned according to the club’s Twitter feed. 

Doran and Toshney trained yesterday so may be available. I didn’t know Toshney had been injured. 

Potentially two over 21s? Not quite sure on the rules. 

Edited by ICTPAISLEY

Lot of surface water on the roads around the stadium.  Also just seen that the A9 is shut in two places due to flooding.  Will need to take my waterwings for the game tomorrow.

I agree. 

As a starter, what about:

Mackay

Rooney Toshney McHattie Harper

Welsh Carson

Walsh MacGregor Machado

Todorov

Can’t see it happening but it would give a lot of players a break before the next few critical weeks, whilst helping Welsh and Walsh back to full fitness. 

• tm4tj pinned this topic
  • tm4tj unpinned this topic