Caramel Wafer Cup Semi Final

Robert

Tremendous statement from our Chairman and Chief Exec. Night and day when compared with the drivel spouted by our previous regime. 

Hardly worth commenting on the decision. Par for the course from the SFA but hats off to them for reaching a whole new level of incompetence and corruption. 

• Agree 4

Incredible to see the number of high profile (ex) players, pundits etc coming out to criticise this decision. The SFA have made themselves to be a total laughing stock with this decision but, as others have said, this has clearly been done to stick two fingers up at Robbo after what he said post match.

• Agree 5

I agree with all that's been said and sadly nothing will change :sad:  What we now have to do is get right behind the team that plays in the final where ever it may be and help them bring the cup back to Inverness :ictscarf:

• Agree 2

Even this long lapsed former contributor feels motivated to return briefly to respond, having belatedly watched the video after learning of the decision and reading Scott Gardiner’s excellent statement.

A more obvious instance of a push than by the Rangers player is difficult to imagine, and how anyone outwith the Orange Lodge and capable of regarding that as a dive is allowed to referee at any level at all is one of life’s great mysteries.

Then you have to start worrying very seriously about the competence of any governing body which can find not just one but three individuals gormless enough to agreewith this enormous howler.

The next part of the narrative is more difficult to make stand up because it is easy to deny. However it is abundantly clear that the overwhelming presence of decisions of all kinds made by Scottish football’s governing bodies and favouring the Old Firm place that allegation well beyond doubt.

Add in the frequency of complaints about referees and even take a chunk off to allow for managerial paranoia😆 and the competence of Scottish officiating must be added to these charges of institutionalised Old Firm bias and governing body ineptitude.

However I have a feeling that even something as outrageous as this will still be ignored by the Scottish football establishment which will carry on regardless as the game it is ruining continues to spiral into the ground.

• Like 1
  • Agree 5

36 minutes ago, MorayJaggie said:

We should not turn up or not play during the final and make their tv spectacle crap no support turn up so they get no monies from us for their stupid cup and this has highlighted colt teams should not be in the cup.

Don't be daft mun that will achieve nothing!

3 hours ago, CaleyD said:

Let's all keep in mind that what we have here is a broken system and that's what we need to be focussing on changing.

By all means we should be allowed to criticise a refs performance, just as we should a players performance and indeed the SFA's performance.  However, it serves no useful purpose...quite the opposite...to be going after individuals with any kind of personal slandering and/or harassment.

A lot of what is in the club statement needed to be said (even if we do get hauled up for it) but  the calling out of the 3 man panel in the manner we have I find it a little disappointing.  It will only encourage hacks to out these people and the whole thing could potentially get out of control as they become the focus of the frustration, anger and upset.

Just come in and haven’t seen the statement. Can only reach the homepage but none of the content.

edit- for some reason the link from Twitter works so I’ve seen it now. Excellent apart from the canine reference.

Actually I have a lot of sympathy with boycotting the final as we seem to have 100% support everywhere I’ve looked. Even if there’s some resolution and we end up playing it. We got a result in the Meekings case due to the overall outrage.

Edited by TheMantis

I have watched the clip about a hundred times just to see if there is anything I’m missing. But no. It’s just a totally baffling decision by ref, never mind the review panel. Even if the ‘panel’ had also thought it wasn’t a free kick (which it clearly was) was James Keatings’ actions really worthy of a yellow card? A yellow card!! Utterly shambolic decision. 
Fine And ban Robbo for his comments afterwards if you must. But Christ almighty, let a guy who has been fouled and wronged play in a cup final. 

• Agree 4

I have watched the video clips over and over, read all the comments on here, have read all the comments from other fans. I looked at the SFA tribunal page and with one word.....Dismissed, they have taken the **** out of every football fan in the country. A case of everybody out of step but oor Jock

Surely this has become a case for the Court of Arbitration for Sport, or hell, going a step further and confronting UEFA as a collective group (the clubs, not us as fans) if literally nothing is done about how the SFA is run. It's unreal the amount of attention it's gotten around Scotland, nearly every club in Scotland is backing us and are too bewildered as to how it hasn't gone in our favour, it's everyone against the SFA now.

If this case happened down South in England, everyone would be going nuts, the FA would come under horrendous fire and would likely be brought up and told to get their act together, but as we're scruffy old Scotland, we're too small to actually be cared about, so the SFA can get away with murder.

1 hour ago, Charles Bannerman said:

Even this long lapsed former contributor feels motivated to return briefly to respond, having belatedly watched the video after learning of the decision and reading Scott Gardiner’s excellent statement.

A more obvious instance of a push than by the Rangers player is difficult to imagine, and how anyone outwith the Orange Lodge and capable of regarding that as a dive is allowed to referee at any level at all is one of life’s great mysteries.

Then you have to start worrying very seriously about the competence of any governing body which can find not just one but three individuals gormless enough to agreewith this enormous howler.

The next part of the narrative is more difficult to make stand up because it is easy to deny. However it is abundantly clear that the overwhelming presence of decisions of all kinds made by Scottish football’s governing bodies and favouring the Old Firm place that allegation well beyond doubt.

Add in the frequency of complaints about referees and even take a chunk off to allow for managerial paranoia😆 and the competence of Scottish officiating must be added to these charges of institutionalised Old Firm bias and governing body ineptitude.

However I have a feeling that even something as outrageous as this will still be ignored by the Scottish football establishment which will carry on regardless as the game it is ruining continues to spiral into the ground.

This decision had nothing to do with Rangers  so your Orange Lodge jibe is totally out of order. if you would care to look at social media or have a look at Rangers forums you will see that their fan base are as equally outraged as our selves regarding the decision of the referee.

See below a couple of the many comments on Rangers Follow Follow fans forum all supporting our statement.

Excellent statement. The fact that wasn’t overturned is an absolute joke
GazzaG

GazzaG

Official Ticketer
A player sent off against us, and yet you can't find a single Rangers fan who thinks it was a dive and that the appeal being thrown out was a joke.
But somehow the SFA have managed to find a panel who think it was simulation.
Super Caley going ballistic must still be gnawing away at them

I think RIG has summed it up as this decision is in response to Robbos outburst after the game , however I think Robbo was quite correct in his assesment of the referee.

The statement from the club is excellent and it leaves the SFA without a leg to stand on.

The decision to uphold the original decision of the referee is a disgrace and the whole of Scottish Football knows it apart from the 3 panel members.

Edited by Gregor

3 hours ago, Jack Waddington said:

Who's all up for getting Greg Aitken masks with "W*nker" written on the forehead for the finals?

Or we get James Keatings masks with captions like "innocent" or "Greg Aitken is a w#nker".

The club have taken pelters in the past for bullshit or nonsense statements, but this one is an absolute belter. Nailed every word of it from start to finish. Extreme credit where it is absolutely due on this occasion to shame those who made the decision. I can only conclude incompetence or corruption in this decision. If its incompetence then resignations should follow ..... but I wont hold my breath on that one. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

10 hours ago, MorayJaggie said:

We should not turn up or not play during the final and make their tv spectacle crap no support turn up so they get no monies from us for their stupid cup and this has highlighted colt teams should not be in the cup.

We should turn up. We should do our very best to win and have Keatings fully stripped lift the trophy.

7 hours ago, Scotty said:

The club have taken pelters in the past for bullshit or nonsense statements, but this one is an absolute belter. Nailed every word of it from start to finish. Extreme credit where it is absolutely due on this occasion to shame those who made the decision. I can only conclude incompetence or corruption in this decision. If its incompetence then resignations should follow ..... but I wont hold my breath on that one. 

I'm also very heartened to see public displays of support from executives at other clubs for the statement- namely the excellent Alan Burrows at Motherwell and Leanne Dempster at Hibs.

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Hiro said:

I'm also very heartened to see public displays of support from executives at other clubs for the statement- namely the excellent Alan Burrows at Motherwell and Leanne Dempster at Hibs.

Lots of players, journalists etc all in support as well. Doesn't help Keatings sadly but if there is any consolation then it's that pretty much everyone knows the SFA are wrong.

• tm4tj unpinned this topic