Ryan Esson Testimonial

Jack Waddington

Gone back 10 or so pages trying to find the original thread, with no success. BUT apparently there's been an update and it's questionable to say the least.

It's at the Rugby Club...in April...with our First Team playing a legends side...

By all means, I'm looking forward to it...just the fact that's when the first team is fighting for a 2nd place finish...and it's at Canal Park.

Is there any confirmation on this, or is the Courier just assuming stuff?

https://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/sport/legendary-testimonial-match-announced-for-caley-thistle-goalkeeper-192199/

Well deserved for a great servant of the club and an all round nice bloke. I do think that the choice of the rugby club is a bit odd but I assume it's to stop our pitch getting even more wrecked. 

12 hours ago, Fraz said:

I do think that the choice of the rugby club is a bit odd but I assume it's to stop our pitch getting even more wrecked. 

Maybe with the concerts coming up?

I've never heard of any Testimonial getting played at a ground that has nothing to do with the player or club. 

• tm4tj changed the title to Ryan Esson Testimonial
14 hours ago, Buster said:

Is it really £100 a head for a couple of pints, a pie and a plate of stovies for hospitality?

£1000 for 10 people.  Includes entry to game, pre match drink, half time pie & pint, full time stovies and meet the players in the "exclusive hospitality suite".

1 hour ago, TheMantis said:

Have we given up on the Scottish then? We could be at Hampden that day.

Given the difficulty (not testimonial committee fault as I understand it) in getting a date sorted, and the mounting fixture congestion, then probably not much option other than to take a chance on this date.

I'm still trying to understand why this venue has been selected and what facilities will be available to those who won't wish to pay £1000 for 10 people for entry to the game, pre-match drink, half time pie & pint, full time stovies and meet the players in the "exclusive hospitality suite". The facilities at Canal Park are excellent for Highland Rugby Club's needs at present and a crowd of 500 to 600. More than that and they are a bit stretched all round, which I know from attending a few of the Highland RFC games this season. Part of that experience also includes being able to drink alcohol before, during and after the game, and outside as well. Will that be allowed for at Ryan's testimonial? I'm sure this aspect will suit a number of our hardy fans. 

I would hope that at least our regular home crowd will attend to honour Ryan. So 1500-2000 or more will not be catered for by current facilities, unless of course these are to be supplemented by temporary toilets and food and drinks serveries. In addition, there are no seats or a covered grandstand to watch the game from. The only elevated view of the pitch is from the first floor level balcony in front of the bar. Otherwise it's a free for all around the pitch-side barrier on two sides only.

More information on the arrangements would be welcome therefore.  

On 2/29/2020 at 7:04 AM, Alan Simpson said:

I'd be raging if I was Edson what a lame effort could've at least went for a rematch with the Rangers colts 

Why not a game against Santos? 

• 5 months later...
8 minutes ago, Jack Waddington said:

As it's been quite some time since we were due to play it, has there been any word on rescheduling or has it just been scrapped altogether?

I hope it will be on the back burner till better times like next year sometime if we can complete the season.

• Agree 1