Scotty

Sounds as if we have acquitted ourselves well but sadly no shock.

Let's now concentrate on getting second in the league and have a real go at getting up via the play offs. Other than D Utd, no one to fear in the championship and over 2 legs against 11th in the premiership we'll be in with a fighting chance.

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

I agree. Hibs have been quality but we’ve done ok. The second was the killer: a great counter attack but easily could have been a penalty for us. 

The sending off just made the outcome inevitable  

No way this is a 5-1 match!

Edited by Robert

6 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

When was the last time we played a team with such deadly attacking prowess? You don’t face this type of pace and finishing in our league, or indeed in much of the 

It's only hibs.

Not really 'deadly attacking prowess' more like taking advantage of a ropey highland back line.

Edited by Satan
  • Agree 1

Final score probably flattered Hibs but we didn't help ourselves.  Competed well for the majority of the match but undone by the speed of foot and thought by Hibs on the break - game was done when we went down to 10 men.

Stupid, cynical tackle from Brad McKay.  No need to do it especially after we'd just got ourselves back into the match.  I don't think we'll be weakened by his absence. 

I know he gave the ball away for one of the goals but I was massively impressed with Dave  Carson. He's improving with every match having stepped up to full time football - hopefully Welsh is fit to partner him in midfield for the run in.  I really think if we get Welsh fit we're a shoe in for 2nd and have a chance of going up.

Edited by Hiro
  • Agree 2

Well I for one am hugely disappointed with that performance. Going 4-3-3 from the off was energy sapping and with no pace up front. That was a real chance to rest White and Doran and fire in Storey and Todorov. The ridiculous early bookings also killed it. I am really not sure what the game plan was. Trafford and Carson also have to learn how not to be "gung-ho". We did deserve the scoreline. Hibs were not that great but we shot ourselves in the foot. The positive was that we gave 100% + until the end.

• Agree 4

• tm4tj unpinned this topic