Scotty

36 minutes ago, Alan Simpson said:

Yet another humiliation under Robbo absolute joke scoreline every game with a bit of pressure we get shown up ! Persists with the same forward who couldn't score in a brothel thank fcuk I'm working away and didn't have to suffer that I'd have put the TV right out the window

Absolutely ,whenever we have to make the step up in class Roberston is found wanting .

Big thumbs down also to the fuckwits who broke the seats 

Not cool at all.

• Disagree 1

I really can't believe all the clowns who are shiteing on the team over this result. It was stupidly unlikely for us to actually win this game. I think we played out of our skin, the Livi game was just a fluke, and this was a real test, Hibs are doing well in the league. Show some support for the team. Jeezus.

• Agree 10

Two very good hibs goals after the sending off skewed the scoreline. The team were subject to a poor decision 're penalty claim - hibs scoring immediately and this changed the game. Hibs are on a good run of form and quite clearly have talent up front. Good effort by the team. Let's now get behind them for the rest of the season. Well done to away support going right to the end 👏🏻👏🏻

• Agree 4

I thought we were always in it til that second goal went in. The effort was always there and the sending off killed us. Never a 5-2 if it was still equal. Quality goals though. Off topic just heard on The Terrace show that Nathan Austin has scored 47 goals in all competitions for Kelty Hearts, stunning

I remembered 20 years ago when we were in the 1st division and we'd be drawn against premier league teams in the scottish cup and we believed every time that we would beat them. And very often we did........celtic away and at home (against Larsson et al, but we had Wyness!), hearts away.  . .

5 years ago we won this competition. 

Tonight we're satisfied that we got humped 5-2 (against a team that we have beaten more times than they've beaten us) because we put in a decent performance!

Wtf? Just goes to show how far the club and our expectations have fallen. Sad to say I wouldn't have belief in this team to win against Fort William FC these days. 

• Agree 1

Pathetic attacks on the team and manager on here. 

Tactics may or may not have been correct. We were on top before the first goal for quite a period and if Tom Walshs strike had gone in it would have been a very different game. 

To sit deep against ( Scottish International) passers like Scott Allen giving them time on the ball like he got in the second half after the sending off would have been catastrophic imho.

Our forwards troubled the hibs defence , we scored 2 goals and could have scored 4 but for some superb goalkeeping from marciano. 

Our defence played to their level with some great last minute tackles from brad mackay Rooney ,and tremarco. Mchattie gave away a silly penalty and showed some inexperience but thats who we are. 

A team of developing players getting better under robbie rather than worse under Foran. 

Midfield were outclassed by a great hibs side coached by jack ross who made the most of their forwards amazing movement. 

Ridgers was a rock.

Hibs are the form side in the premier league since Jack Ross took over moving from one point of the bottom to sixth place and too hear the same tired refrain of its all Robbos fault is disappointing to say the least. 

I think yesterdays game and the match against other premier league teams this season shows that even after losing Mcart and Coll we can challenge the premier league teams in the playoffs especially if we have our best team on the pitch.

We missed Sean Welsh yesterday but I see hope not despair that promotion is possible. So support the team rather than attack the people working to that success. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 15

Ridiculous that people call for Robbo's head. Can you imagine the budget of Hibs compared to ours, especially these days. 

Who exactly would you replace him with? People forget we've got to a cup final, quarter final, and are well in contention to be promoted to the premier league. Totally clueless. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 13

5-2 utterly flattered Hibs who were quick and direct but that was it. The Walsh shot, the penalty shout, lots of might-have-beens. But they're a league above us, we've nae money, we've had a decent run, now for promotion. But if we do get promotion, many of this team not good enough.

Last dig at Hibs. My pie was like burnt leather.

Edited by KirkieRobRoy
Fat finger syndrome
  • Agree 3

19 minutes ago, lightwelter said:

Ridiculous that people call for Robbo's head. Can you imagine the budget of Hibs compared to ours, especially these days. 

Who exactly would you replace him with? People forget we've got to a cup final, quarter final, and are well in contention to be promoted to the premier league. Totally clueless. 

Exactly - there are plenty of other managers around who are quite capable of getting us out this league, but it would be at the wrong end of the table by relegation not promotion. Frustrations are understandable but expectations have to be realistic.

• Agree 6

4 hours ago, Alan Simpson said:

I don't think wer well known in Norway my man so obviously not if your pleased with a 5-2 tanking against a rank rotten hibs then wow your expectations are low !

I’m as disappointed as everyone else at the score and being out of the cup but we matched them for long spells and a couple of key moments went against us, the save from Walsh just before the first goal and the penalty being refused just before the second goal. 

Whatever you think, Hibs were not “rank rotten”, they played some high quality football and at times so did we. 

The scoreline flattered them and most comments on here are supportive of the team. 

Enjoy Norway. Hope you’ve plenty cash for the beer prices!

• Agree 5

Cup run surely should consist of more than two games, so cannot get exited by our cup run. Same as last year, first time we came up against better opposition we were well beaten.

Whenever we lose against so called better teams, the budget is the first thing that comes up. If that's the case previous managers should never had matched up against Celtic,  Hearts etc and we should never ever got a sniff of Europe.  Good tactics, organisation and well motivated players win football matches not bags of money.

As was alluded to by the pundits on the tv coverage hibs are high on confidence since back Ross has taken over. They have turned a corner and are pushing to finish 3rd in the league. 5-2 was not an accurate score line. We had a penalty claim denied which hibs were given. Walsh was unlucky bot to score it was a good save from the hibs keeper. We managed to score when down to 10 men. Everyone stayed committed to the final whistle. We played attacking football, we didn't sit in. Ridgers made some amazing saves. Can't criticise the team for effort in that game. Hibs scored two goals after we went down to ten men which skewed the scoreline. Some folk still think we have the resources and budget of a premier league team. Well done the team for last night back onto league business. Tale the positives and Play like that in the championship we will win the majority of our games.

• Like 2
  • Agree 4

I would have to say that the Happy Clapper mode has totally outshone the negates but also the realistic. I think that I must have been watching a different game on telly. "Could have beens" are a plenty. What if Hibs were awarded the early penalty claim and Ridgers was dismissed (a mere example of many for both sides). We definitely remained committed to the final whistle and never gave up. The only people to play "attacking football" were Walsh, Rooney and Tremarco. We simply got it horribly wrong tactically. 4-3-3 from the off was disastrous, especially given the players chosen. With Keatings in "no mans land" it was almost a 4-2-4. Trafford and Carson were give too much to cover and that led to their cards. Mckay is NOT a central defender and he and McHattie have not gelled. When you play 3 up front you need pace, width and a hit on the break mentality. In that formation the two pacier wide men can afford to play deeper. Storey and Walsh would have been that combination. I would have played Keatings up front instead of White and added in a third covering midfielder, probably in McGregor. But there again this is all the haverings of an armchair would-be manager.

It would be interesting to hear the views of peeps who were actually there. The pundits were being paid to make it sound fantastic ??

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, forresjags said:

Whenever we lose against so called better teams, the budget is the first thing that comes up. If that's the case previous managers should never had matched up against Celtic,  Hearts etc and we should never ever got a sniff of Europe.  Good tactics, organisation and well motivated players win football matches not bags of money.

Yes, but we also need good players as well.  Having watched the last three televised games, I am now of course an expert :lol:   And we simply don't have the quality in the team that we used to have.

Ridgers is indispensable, so we must hope that no one makes a good offer for him in the summer.  Tremarco gets 10/10 for effort.  Shaun Rooney caught my eye in these games - get a little more guile into his game and he he could go far.

Trafford is a liability, and both he and Carson need to learn about anger management.  Our forwards lack skills and penetrative power.

Having said all that, until the ref gifted Hibs the chance for their second last night, I thought it could have gone either way.  One thing that did surprise me was that I expected Hibs to have a good, well-drilled defence.  Yet the number of times that we got through - especially given what I think of our penetrative power - shows that they didn't.  That second goal was a game-changer - easy for Hibs then, and impossible for us.  Credit to the team for keeping on going, and getting the ball in the net twice.

So don't get me wrong.  I'd love them to go up. Provided we didn't go on a stupid spending spree or give the existing players unaffordable rises, the worst that could happen is that we would come straight back down with a parachute payment.  We might scrape enough points to stay up - we beat Livi, did OK against Hibs for a while, and narrowly lost out to Dundee Utd.

But we need a striker or two.  Need to shore up the defence.  And, most importantly, we need someone who can impose their personality on the game - someone who can really influence things.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

5 hours ago, Moogthurso said:

Midfield were outclassed by a great hibs side coached by jack ross who made the most of their forwards amazing movement

That's why we should have played 5 in the middle 2 sitting and 3 in front. Playing 3 up front left far too much space for their quick midfield plus our players didn't have it in their legs to get back when Hibs broke. Not sure about a great Hibs side either given their league position.

1 hour ago, MorayJaggie said:

Some folk still think we have the resources and budget of a premier league team.

The accounts don't lie and the club is still spending the same now as we were in the Premiership....that's why we're posting £800k+ annual losses just now!

As I've asked before....If it's not being spent on the squad, where is it being spent?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, CaleyD said:

The accounts don't lie and the club is still spending the same now as we were in the Premiership....that's why we're posting £800k+ annual losses just now!

As I've asked before....If it's not being spent on the squad, where is it being spent?

Exactly we don't have the money.

We are in a false position. Previously when we have been 2nd in the 1st Division/Championship we would have a team capable of matching most premiership bottom 6 sides. The standard of our current league is pretty abysmal. That fact we are second after some of the performances and play this season is shocking.

In reality. We have lost 2 very competent centre backs who helped us to this position. Mccart is already getting rave reviews in Perth. Coll has settled in well. Playing mchattie who we took as a  covering squad player from Raith rovers and Brad McKay whose limitations are clearly obvious to any football observer. It's no surprise we conceded so easily against a creative team with boyle and allan. Welsh is our best midfielder by a distance but is constantly injured. Our top scorer has barely any goals.

Currently this is a limited team and don't let the league table fool you. Yes, we beat livi who are flying high but the wind was a major leveller with neither side creating anything. Robbo is doing very well to get us to second in the league and it seems by doing this and raising expectations it is causing him to come under attack from some. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• tm4tj unpinned this topic