Scotty

I agree with Caleyd shocker. 

Its not about the money. 

Are the players better than when we bought them.

Yes

Is the team better than sum of parts.

Yed

Could we on our best day with our best team win the playoffs. 

Yes.

Do we have messi ronaldo and pele up front so that Alan can complain Storey would be better? 

No

We are what we are. Dissappointed to lose to atavs. Happy to have had a good game against hibs.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

12 league games to go, 24 gone. 6 very good teams competing for three play off places. We can get a good slot if we believe in our players - last night was the best team we have played this season.  Supporting the team on Tuesday night is just the beginning of moving forward. Morton scored four today....

• Agree 3

8 hours ago, Robert said:

Enjoy Norway. Hope you’ve plenty cash for the beer prices!

I met a Hibee in the Iona last night who took £100 spending money on their Europa League trip to Molde. He had to borrow cash to get a round in before they were out of the airport.

I'm inclined to agree with those who complain about Robbo's tactics in big games. We were far too open last night just as we have been against United all season. All the same, he's done a great job of managing our decline, and the atmosphere last night was testament to that. We're still here, will still in Cup QF's, we're still challenging for promotion. Things could be so much worse. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, lightwelter said:

Ridiculous that people call for Robbo's head. Can you imagine the budget of Hibs compared to ours, especially these days. 

Who exactly would you replace him with? People forget we've got to a cup final, quarter final, and are well in contention to be promoted to the premier league. Totally clueless. 

Who else would take it put it out there and see personally I'd like Billy Reid and if we don't get promoted yet again what then just stick with a man who'd be on his 4 attempt don't be ridiculous man change is needed robbo every time wev stepped up big game has been found wanting every manager has a shelf life robbos reaching the end of his was a crazy appointment to begin with 

• Disagree 2
  • Funny 2
  • Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, Alan Simpson said:

Who else would take it put it out there and see personally I'd like Billy Reid and if we don't get promoted yet again what then just stick with a man who'd be on his 4 attempt don't be ridiculous man change is needed robbo every time wev stepped up big game has been found wanting every manager has a shelf life robbos reaching the end of his was a crazy appointment to begin with 

He was left with what was a very poor post-Foran team, and he's improved us and brought in some decent players at this level. Agreed he's make tactical errors and we've struggled against bigger/better opposition, but if we chuck him the greater likelihood is that we'd go downwards. He's well respected considering his career as a player, and for that reason we've attracted players that others couldn't, especially managers like Billy Ried (where has he even been for the last decade, this was a very random choice). 

• Agree 2

For what it's worth, I thoroughly enjoyed last night's game, apart from the result obviously, and it turned on key decisions by the referee. Thought he got the Ridgers call right but that was about all he did get right. Felt the bookings were harsh for effectively their first fouls and he couldn't wait to book the players. Would he have done that in an Old Firm match?. Definitely teams are being refereed to different standards outside the Old Firm. Giving Hibs a penalty was correct but then to deny us one for something very similar was poor. Nick Walsh is a poor and arrogant referee, witness his dismissive attitude towards Robbo at full time.

I get what people say about the tactics but it made for a more open game and had we got the penalty or Walsh scored, the tactics we used may have proved correct and it did catch Hibs out for spells.

Proud of how the team performed and maybe we will get a refereeing decision to go for us one of these days.

• Agree 7

33 minutes ago, lightwelter said:

He was left with what was a very poor post-Foran team, and he's improved us and brought in some decent players at this level. Agreed he's make tactical errors and we've struggled against bigger/better opposition, but if we chuck him the greater likelihood is that we'd go downwards. He's well respected considering his career as a player, and for that reason we've attracted players that others couldn't, especially managers like Billy Ried (where has he even been for the last decade, this was a very random choice). 

That was a top 6 Spl team Foran had just poorly coached and managed lost the dressing room! Sorry pal I'm not seeing improvements at all if we keep him I can see us going downwards but who nos maybe he'll shock me and get us up this season! Dunno think most of the players he's got had limited choices tbh most young guns wouldn't no who he is unless there jambos ! Billy Reid I posted on here at the time yogi got bagged should go for him great on a shoestring budget excellent record at developing youth players just what we needed at the time think he's an assistant manager at some Norwegian team bud or he was last I heard of him

• Disagree 1
  • Funny 1
  • Facepalm 2

Not often Brad Mckay gets close enough to the opposition to pick up a red card, so positives and negatives there.

Thought the team gave a good account of themselves.

Consolation is that we now have one less thing to distract us from league priorities.

The CEO is Robbo's best mate, so not a chance he's being sacked even if he merited it.

I know life doesn't work this way but if, at the end of the season, we had been pumped by Hibs, lost the Challenge Cup final but somehow got promoted I would take that.

Great to see a vocal support at a game again. Wish they were there every week. Maybe the club could try and find out what is stopping these guys from going on a more regular basis. We need all the support we can get especially as our home grounds continue to dwindle.

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

The league needs to come first now. We are in a 6 team battle for second so need to focus. 

Regarding the cup, we have been one of only two teams to beat a Premiership club and the only team outside the top flight to make the last eight. 

It would have been great to make the semis but it was not to be. 

The Challenge Cup should be seen as a bonus and I hope we win it but Raith are going well. 

Regardless of our views of last night’s performance, we need to get behind the guys on Tuesday. Morton are unbeaten in the league in 2020 so we can’t underestimate them. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I was at the game and only now watched the “highlights” on tv.   Was that supposed to be a premier division pitch? - I’ve seen better pitches in the Highland League - shocking and the Hibs ground staff should be ashamed.   My comments are nothing to do with the result - just making a point in favour of expert groundsmen/persons elsewhere.   Ps enjoyed the actual ‘being there’ but not the highlights!  Bring on the other Cup Final at the end of the March.  

Watched on tv.  Proud of team, gave everything but have to say the attacking force of Hibs totally outclassed us.  Boyle ran us ragged, the 3 bookings on him within about 20 mins told the story.  Biggest problem for me was that we didn't have a plan B - literally no alternatives for Carson/Trafford, both of whom had very early bookings.

I didn't get the line-up (for me Keatings and Walsh were not involved nearly enough) but such is the way of things with that formation.  We'd no other option but to try to make use of the wide players who were (abundantly) available.  

Last season I thought Tremarco's best days were behind him, but as said by other posters this is clearly not the case.  Tremendous performance.  While he certainly wasn't flawless, Trafford gave everything and never hid and same with Carson.  Credit to them both, specially after early bookings.

Interesting to hear White get so much praise from commentators for both his performance during game and in general this season.  I for one was glad to hear it as he gets plenty of criticism elsewhere.

Roll on Tuesday.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

13 hours ago, RiG said:

I know life doesn't work this way but if, at the end of the season, we had been pumped by Hibs, lost the Challenge Cup final but somehow got promoted I would take that.

Great to see a vocal support at a game again. Wish they were there every week. Maybe the club could try and find out what is stopping these guys from going on a more regular basis. We need all the support we can get especially as our home grounds continue to dwindle.

Would take promotion every time over any Cup Final, but going to have to put together a consistent run of games between now and April.

Seems DUFC are not as unbeatable as JR would have us believe in his press conference's. 

Scoreline flattered hibs in the end, although the gulf was obvious - fitness , technique & game management - from early on.

Bit of a no win situation as we didn't want a replay and a backs to the wall one nil victory was unlikely and wouldn't have given the same entertainment that all the reaction on here has.😅

So we draw a line under this year's Scottish, and get back to the league...

Morton home, Alloa away, Queens home, Arbroath away, Partick home and Dundee home....

The previous results against Alloa, Arbroath and Partick this season means to get anything from these six games before the cup final, we have to rip up the form book from our earlier meetings and really do a number on them.

Robertson will in particular have to out think Campbell & McCall who have made us look amateur already this year.

So the fixtures on 14th & 17th will be crucial.

Beware the Ides of March. 

Any word on when Welsh and Vincent will be available?

What will Mckay be suspended for? With it being a straight red, two matches: one league one cup or just cup? If the league, Tuesday or Saturday?

12 hours ago, quizzer said:Last season I thought Tremarco's best days were behind him, but as said by other posters this is clearly not the case.  Tremendous performance.  While he certainly wasn't flawless, Trafford gave everything and never hid and same with Carson.  Credit to them both, specially after early bookings.

Piece in Courier about Tremarco. As the club has not made him an offer, he is considering whether to speak to other teams. Despite his age and injury issues, I believe we should offer a one year extension. 

• Agree 1

Watched match on TV as it was made impossible to attend with game being on the Friday anyhow i thought that was one of better games we have played in recent weeks i will never understand how we cant beat Partick ,struggle against Alloa & Arbroath . Ref was usual little jumped up S***e ! What concerns me is the bench was poor on Friday with Trafford a red card in waiting there was no replacement i really not sure we have the squad to finish second as CaleyD says wheres the money getting spent as none of the money made in January was spent on the squad People say Robbo wont get us out of this league i am not sure this board will either but having watched St Mirren v Aberdeen last night if we secured second i think we could beat St Mirren if it were them who finished 11th they offered nothing going forward actually worse than us. On to Tuesday lets get behind the boys and make a noise 👍

• tm4tj unpinned this topic