Bronson

Scotty

It is with heavy heart that we must post of the passing of Simon MacDonald (Bronson). We have heard the news from multiple sources this morning. 

Simon was a stalwart of this forum from the very beginning and we offer our deepest sympathies and sincere condolences to all friends and family. 

Rest In Peace big man. 

• Sad 6

Devastated is an understatement!

A true ICT fan and one of the OG’s of this forum and part of the early CaleyAway crew. 

RIP mate 

Edited by RedCard
Spelling
  • Sad 1

News like this always hits home harder with our small but tightknit support. 

You would struggle to find a warmer and friendlier ICT fan than Simon. He was a lovely guy and will be missed terribly by friends and family.

Rest In Peace Bronson.

A privilege to have known Simon through ICT. I'm finding this sad news difficult to take in and it will be worse for his family and close friends.

Rest in Peace Brosno.

What awful news. I knew him only through this site and from meeting occasionally at games or in the pre-match pub. He was always friendly, passionate and humorous, and his drunken late night posts on this site were legendary for many years.

RIP Brosno.

• Like 1

I know Simon had a lot of close friends who post on the site. It was a privilege to get to know him through them and to stay in the same house for a few unforgettable days in Bucharest. What brilliant company he was, and what a kind and welcoming guy. Thoughts very much with his family and friends. 

Totally shocked by the news, a true ICT fan who was there from the start.  Many happy memories with Bronson in the "old days", cant believe he's gone.

My heart goes out to his family and in particular his lovely dad. 

RIP Bronson

• Like 1

This is harsh news to take. Bronson was one of the original Highland March crew and I'm not sure I'd have got through that first trek without his laughter and personality to help us through the tough bits. He had a heart of gold and I used to love his late night calls when he'd phone up three sheets to the wind with the latest joke he'd heard in a pub somewhere that night. My thoughts go out to all his family and close friends.

• Sad 3

As CaleyCanary has said, Bronson was part of the original Highland March back in 2003 and was indeed part of its conception.

He was also so welcoming of me when I moved from Coventry to Inverness nearly 14years ago, and though I seldom saw him in recent years, he'd always be full of smiles and laughs whenever our paths crossed.

A real ICT-nut and true legend. 

RIP Bronson x

• Like 3

My Facebook Post from earlier today.....

Words can not explain how I feel right now. Today I heard of the passing of one the nicest guys I ever met whilst supporting Inverness Caley Thistle. He was a laugh, a true Caley Thistle fan, a gent and was always in awe at my (our) long distance journeys that were made as a family to follow his (our) team. He was also a founder member of the infamous Highland March and also became the saviour of it too on that very first event. I shared the support bus with him on a number of occasions we're we talked football and rock music. From those halcyon days of the HM, the fun in the Innes Bar, the home matches and the away matches on the supporters bus I will never forget you Simon MacDonald ‘Bronson’ never. With a heavy heart I bid you farewell my friend and may you rest in peace now. My heart also goes out to all your family and friends. A pain unimaginable right now. I hope my words ease that awful pain somehow.

• Like 6

Awful. What a lovely guy. I hadnt seen him in quite a while but from the early days onwards he was always  friendly, entertaining company. And his late night posts were legendary.  I have to admit I shed a tear on receiving this news. Pleasure to know you mate.

Haven’t posted in a long time but Steph A made me aware of Bronsons passing, he was part of a great group of folk on here I used to enjoy shooting the breeze and football banter with. RIP Bronson, your’s in football,

Heilandee 😕

Edited by Heilandee
  • Like 2

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic