Bronson

Scotty

There's not much that makes me contribute here nowadays but this does. RIP Simon. Unfailingly bright, sunny and optimistic whenever I saw you at away games. 

https://breathingspace.scot/

• Like 1

Signed back on here with an extra S on my name to pay my respects to my great friend, my best friend - Bronson... aka Simon Macdonald.

You gave me many laughs mate. You were an absolute rock for me when I went through my own separation. You pulled me back up. You had my back. You held me up. You were a true, true friend & one of very few people I trusted with my life.

We had a brilliant night on Friday. Laughing, smiling, joking, drinking, talking about the future. I am so, so, sorry from the bottom of my heart that I never saw the signs from you. I'm sorry I never saw your pain or your turmoil. I just saw Simon, laughing, smiling, joking.... 

My heart is hurting like hell for you. I am riddled with guilt I never saw your internal pain & my own pain is growing each day that I failed you in your own time of need.

RIP Simon. It was an honour to call you my friend.

• Like 20

9 hours ago, Richard_Fairbrasss said:

Signed back on here with an extra S on my name to pay my respects to my great friend, my best friend - Bronson... aka Simon Macdonald.

You gave me many laughs mate. You were an absolute rock for me when I went through my own separation. You pulled me back up. You had my back. You held me up. You were a true, true friend & one of very few people I trusted with my life.

We had a brilliant night on Friday. Laughing, smiling, joking, drinking, talking about the future. I am so, so, sorry from the bottom of my heart that I never saw the signs from you. I'm sorry I never saw your pain or your turmoil. I just saw Simon, laughing, smiling, joking.... 

My heart is hurting like hell for you. I am riddled with guilt I never saw your internal pain & my own pain is growing each day that I failed you in your own time of need.

A tragedy but, understandable as your feelings are in the circumstances, no blame whatsoever attaches to you.

People in turmoil can be very adept at concealing that even from those closest to them and it appears that is exactly what happened on Friday.

Stay strong and make sure you have someone you can talk to.

• Like 5

14 hours ago, Richard_Fairbrasss said:

Take comfort that you and Simon had a great night together last Friday.  You could have had no idea  of  what was going on in his mind after you parted.  Remember all the happy times, the laughs, the jokes, don’t try to analyse the what-ifs.   You were a good true friend but he didn’t want to share his troubled thoughts and that can never be anyone’s fault.  

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Sad 1

This from the family via Facebook.

============

On behalf Simon’s immediate family, we would like to express our heartfelt thanks to everyone who has been in touch, shared their memories of him and offered their support. It has been truly humbling – we knew he was a great bloke, but this has surpassed even our expectations.

By way of making sense of this – something everyone will be trying to do – know that we do not think he planned this. Simon had been dealing with a lot recently, but he had fully intended to keep on living and taking care of his family – all the indications support this. He even called his Dad that night to ask him to record the football! ⚽⚽💟We will never know for sure, but it seems that, during his last few hours, his pain and too much to drink conspired to interfere with his logic. His death will leave a huge hole in the hearts and lives of all who knew him.

The funeral service will take place on Wednesday 11 March at 12.30pm in the Funeral Home of William T Fraser and Son, Culduthel Road, Inverness, IV2 6AB, and thereafter to Kilvean Cemetery. All friends and colleagues past and present welcome. Family flowers only please, and money donations to the Scottish Burned Children’s Club welcome.

Please share this information with anyone else you think would like to know.

— feeling heartbroken.

=============

• Like 3

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic

What a great turnout for Bronson today.  A few folk from this site were there today and it was good to see some old friends. 

this site is responsible for bringing a lot of folk together who support ICT. It would be great to get as many folk from this site involved with the 44th min applause at the cup final. The big man would love to see as many folk there as possible 

Edited by RedCard
  • Like 6
  • Agree 1

Wonderful testimony to Simon that so many attended his service. Heartbreaking readings from his lovely children who have lost a wonderful father and a great friend to many.

Let's make this happen at the Cup final against Raith Rovers and let Simon know he will be missed.

Rest easy Simon x 

8 minutes ago, tm4tj said:

Wonderful testimony to Simon that so many attended his service. Heartbreaking readings from his lovely children who have lost a wonderful father and a great friend to many.

Let's make this happen at the Cup final against Raith Rovers and let Simon know he will be missed.

Rest easy Simon x 

Whatever agonies he suffered are ended now but those of his family and friends endure and if the 44th minute applause planned for the cup final help any of them in any way, even temporarily, it will be a wonderful thing to do. As part of our wonderful football family I have no doubt that the Raith fans will join in too and perhaps, depending on what is happening on the pitch at the time, our players could stop for a few seconds in quiet reflection.

• 3 weeks later...