Local phone number for Sixt at Dalcross?

Not really "serious discussion", but please be kind to me.

I am looking for a direct local phone number for Sixt car rental in the Dalcross Industrial Estate at the airport.

Easyjet have just cancelled a flight that I was booked on later this month, so I need to change my hire car booking by just a few hours.

The only phone numbers that I can find for Sixt are for their national call centre - an 0207 number and a 0844 premium rate number.

You can appreciate that I'd much rather speak to someone in the Inverness office than to someone at a call centre who cannot deviate from the script in front of them.

So if anyone knows the local (Inverness or Nairn exchange) phone number for Sixt, I would be very grateful.

Thanks, IBM.  That's the sort of search that I was doing, and I couldn't see any local number.  They don't publish email addresses either.

I have a while to sort it out.   The cancelled flight was the 12:45 Easyjet to Luton on 24th March.  No reason was given, but one wonders if they are already seeing a downturn due to coronavirus.  (See Flybe.)    We were able to transfer onto a later flight to Gatwick.

So if anyone has flights booked in the near future, it might be worth thinking about what your plan B would be, if your flight is cancelled.

Sixt who often operate through local operators in smaller locations. 

Focus Vehicle Rental used to (not sure if they still do) be the local "partner" for Sixt and provided all the vehicles for their bookings in the area.  Not sure if a local operator would be able to adjust a booking even if you could track them down (as their contract is with Sixt and not you), so you may have no option other than go through the central number to get things sorted.

Thanks, guys.  I had forgotten about sites like https://www.saynoto0870.com/  . It doesn't have the number I am looking for, but I'll have a look for other, similar sites.

Don - yes, I have the number for Focus and have seen that they used to handle Sixt as well.  Don't know if they still do, but will give them a ring.  Maybe if enough people have done that, they will know the Sixt number.  :lol:

Just to wrap this up.   Focus Car Hire couldn't give me a number for Sixt, but were very pleasant.

I couldn't change the booking using the Sixt website, because it was booked via Easyjet. 

I gave up trying to get through on the phone to Sixt.  Endless plinky-plonky music, no indication of where I was in the queue, and they didn't even tell me that my call was important to them.

If you change date or time on the Easyjet booking, it does a complete new search of all the car hire firms that they have deals with.

So I now have a car for all the time that I'll need it.  The extra cost is about the same as a couple of (St Albans) pints.

And Sixt have lost the business. 

If only there was some way of telling them.

Glad you got it sorted 😊 With all the technology now things seem harder than the old days or is it just us 🙈 You could always go in and tell them when your at Dalcross on the other hand it would just be a waste of your time 😆

Going to give a shout out to EuropCar, especially the guy i dealt with in the Eastgate centre kiosk. Was in town last year after unexpected bereavement and as anyone knows these things are fluid in terms of timings and getting estates and property sorted so we had to stay longer than anticipated. I rented a car at Edinburgh airport but booked through a third party. When I had to extend I got the runaround from EuropCar and their magical mystery switchboard adventure and from the third party with the only real suggestion being for me to drive the car back to Edinburgh then re-rent it ! 

I saw the kiosk in Eastgate by accident and spoke to the guy there who went into the system and basically slid my booking along the calendar ... I had booked and paid for 7 days and he amended the start and end dates to cover the new dates. Took him all of 5 minutes and said "don't be daft" when asked what the additional cost was .... Top notch service and I know where my next bookings are likely to go.  

25 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Took him all of 5 minutes and said "don't be daft" when asked what the additional cost was ....

Which is exactly why I was hoping to speak Inverneesiun mun-to-mun with the local office :lol:

Easyjet always in the past had an exclusive arrangement with Europcar, and I had no complaints with them.  In fact I joined their loyalty scheme, and was getting free upgrades when available - in one case from a Corsa to a VW Passat estate!

My booking is now with "Keddy by Europcar", which seems to be a new brand which they have introduced since I last used them, some time last year.

As a postscript, all of this was made redundant when we decided not to travel.  The reason for our trip was to see my Mum - next Sunday is Mothers' Day. 

But she lives in a care home in the town, and we decided that there is no way we can take the risk of introducing coronavirus into a care home.  The likelihood is probably still low - though increasing - but the possible consequences are too awful to contemplate.

Thought we were going to lose money on flights and hotel, but we see that Easyjet and Premier Inn are now allowing customers to amend "non-flexible" bookings.  So I'll be doing that as soon as we have picked another date, well into the future!

32 minutes ago, snorbens_caleyman said:

As a postscript, all of this was made redundant when we decided not to travel.  The reason for our trip was to see my Mum - next Sunday is Mothers' Day. 

But she lives in a care home in the town, and we decided that there is no way we can take the risk of introducing coronavirus into a care home.  The likelihood is probably still low - though increasing - but the possible consequences are too awful to contemplate.

Thought we were going to lose money on flights and hotel, but we see that Easyjet and Premier Inn are now allowing customers to amend "non-flexible" bookings.  So I'll be doing that as soon as we have picked another date, well into the future!

A wise move, most of the care homes in the area are not allowing visitors in since last week there are 4 that I know of.